What's wrong with this picture?

soistalker

4 hours ago, seancbk said:

I suspect the OP means where are all the people?    For a seaside holiday town it looks dead.

I think this is the closest answer to the truth. The real truth is there is practically no "beach" left here on Dongtan BEACH. What an enormous pity that Pattaya's most peaceful and pastoral beach has been ruined by all that concrete. How very sad. WHAT are the city fathers thinking! Now it is gone forever.

14 hours ago, korkenzieher said:

Nothing to do with the white balance, and everything to do with the contrast difference by shooting into the sunset from the shaded side of the trees. The JPEG encoder is trying its best to deal with over-exposure in the skies and under exposure in the foreground, and defaulting to whatever is closest to (what is probably) centre weighted metering.

If you want the sunset and the trees, shoot obliquely from the sunlit side. If you only want the trees, shoot with the sunset at a slight angle over your shoulder, facing the trees from the other side. If you want the sunset, nix the trees, or use a camera that can do active-D lighting - we are talking pro-sumer level Nikon, Canon etc. - or a *powerful* flash to do fill-in (the built-in flash isn't going to be up to it) and then edit it in Lightroom to balance the contrast out.

If none of that makes sense, do a photography course.

I prefer the rubbish answer.:saai:

7 hours ago, Marc K said:

I think this is the closest answer to the truth. The real truth is there is practically no "beach" left here on Dongtan BEACH. What an enormous pity that Pattaya's most peaceful and pastoral beach has been ruined by all that concrete. How very sad. WHAT are the city fathers thinking! Now it is gone forever.

They are thinking of where to spend the kickbacks from the contractor.

That's easy ! What's wrong with this picture ! Answer : they paved paradise and put up a parking lot ! They cut down the biggest most beautiful trees on the beach and replaced it with concrete a sign a wide road rows of tall (what looks like prison floodlights like most of the beach now has that killed the ambience at night and did that well past this area also . Goodby trees and beach hello concrete lights and wide road [emoji37]

Connect

IMG_0897.thumb.JPG.b01e89a59d328114d15a8d8d4c02a2e3.JPG