Sun, sea, sand... and a £5bn sex trade: Seedy side of Brit crooks' Thai haven

webfact

Sun, sea, sand... and a £5bn sex trade: Seedy side of Brit crooks' Thai haven

Pattaya is at the centre of Thailand’s sex tourism industry, where women and girls are pimped for sex – often for just a few pounds

ByAmanda Killelea

pat1.jpg

File photo: Walking Street:

With its idyllic beaches and crystal clear blue seas, Pattaya could be the definition of paradise.

But scratch beneath the surface of this little piece of Thai heaven, and there is something much more sordid going on.

On the resort’s infamous Walking Street, where thousands of so-called bar girls ply their trade, tourists can buy T-shirts with the slogan: Good guys go to heaven, bad guys go to Pattaya.

The strip is lined with gaudy go-go bars lit with neon signs promising pole dancing, sex shows, cheap drinks and more. Women in barely there outfits and skyscraper heels offer tourists massages while signs ask: Do you like sexy ladies?

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sun-sea-sand-5bn-sex-11824796

-- Mirror 2018-01-10

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are an estimated 2.8 million prostitutes in the country, with around 40,000 of them children who are forced into selling sex.

I keep on hearing/reading this but have never seen it myself in Thailand. And those children must have parents who are Thai as well i assume.

I just wished Thailand could clean it's name about childprostitution....my wife doesn't even dare to say she's Thai when in Europe.

1 minute ago, Thian said:

There are an estimated 2.8 million prostitutes in the country, with around 40,000 of them children who are forced into selling sex.

I keep on hearing/reading this but have never seen it myself in Thailand. And those children must have parents who are Thai as well i assume.

I just wished Thailand could clean it's name about childprostitution....my wife doesn't even dare to say she's Thai when in Europe.

True plus 95% of "Johns" are Thai men...

"With its idyllic beaches and crystal clear blue seas,",

Amanda has obviously never been to Pattaya,and is

just using the press release from TAT.and she should

be sued under the trade description act.

regards worgeordie

LOL

I doubt many Brits returning home in the next few months for a visit or whatever will be as vocal about where they live.

"I live in Pattaya" will become "I live in Chiang Mai"

Wonder why? 

The way I see it, if you're so proud of what you do out here, why wouldn't you want everyone to know about it?

That being said, I can see Bob, the ex-truck driver from Nuneaton cancelling his traditional jolly to Benidorm and limping on to 

a plane for Pattaya with a pocketful of cash courtesy of an Ocean Finance secured loan.

:laugh:

18 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"With its idyllic beaches and crystal clear blue seas,",

Amanda has obviously never been to Pattaya,and is

just using the press release from TAT.and she should

be sued under the trade description act.

regards worgeordie

Yeah Had to Laugh when I Read that 1st Line......

1 hour ago, webfact said:

With its idyllic beaches and crystal clear blue seas, Pattaya could be the definition of paradise.

I think The Mirror should sack the journalist for fake reporting. 

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

can someone tell me where the crystal clear blue sea is   ? 

The author has obviously not been to Pattaya to research her story but wrote it from the comfort of a London office, sifting through various news stories. Look at the pictures accompanying the article; without exception they're all file photos from Getty Images. Junk journalism very typical of The Mirror.

Edited by Misterwhisper

1 hour ago, webfact said:

On the resort’s infamous Walking Street, where thousands of so-called bar girls ply their trade, tourists can buy T-shirts with the slogan: Good guys go to heaven, bad guys go to Pattaya.

Forget about the girls, it is selling those darn T-shirts with silly slogans on them that gives Pattaya the bad global name.........:sad: