Yingluck in UK on entrepreneur visa: Pheu Thai

webfact

9 hours ago, Ossy said:

You couldn't squeeze me and the missus in, this year, could you? We love white, sandy beeches and palm trees. Just like Thailand, really, except everything is sort of . . . respectable. Surprised YL isn't there . . . the UK's shit at this time of the year.

Ossy

I used to think that but I was wrong, its great and no silly little men telling me what I can write on FB or trying to kill me on the worlds deadliest roads, or con men, lawyers or bib after my money or mosquitoes after my life supply. I can own my own hose and land and not have to do border runs or reports every 90 days or hold cash I want to invest in a bank that i will never see again and I could go on. UK is brilliant this time of year and all year.

There is more to life than a cheap bonk, bit of really hot sun and dirty beaches with foul water around them.

Too much Sun mate I think

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Ossy

I used to think that but I was wrong, its great and no silly little men telling me what I can write on FB or trying to kill me on the worlds deadliest roads, or con men, lawyers or bib after my money or mosquitoes after my life supply. I can own my own hose and land and not have to do border runs or reports every 90 days or hold cash I want to invest in a bank that i will never see again and I could go on. UK is brilliant this time of year and all year.

There is more to life than a cheap bonk, bit of really hot sun and dirty beaches with foul water around them.

12 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Sure, you mean like paying taxes through the nose?

How much property tax every year for own your " own " house or land.

How much if you by mistake park in the wrong place or drive 1mile/hr over the speed limit?

How much to get your rubbish collected once a week?

Brilliant beaches I know, which you can enjoy 3 months a year, if you have a good year.

If it was an average citizen, from any country, with these particular criminal charges, Interpol would have already picked them up and they would be waiting for extradition back to the country they came from.  WOW!  No question that: Money and Power is the absolute law of Earth. 

9 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

lol.  Her  comments  were  more   interesting  in  the  following   clip.  Defence  and  strategy for the   continuance  of  a  desired   dynasty by  whatever  means was  the message  overall  for  me.

No different from what we have now. 

At least you could complain about them on Facebook without going to prison. Lol

7 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

With respect, I think you may have been reading the Daily Mail too much ? :whistling:

I can understand that, having moved back to the UK, you feel the need to find it to have been a positive move, but personally I enjoy living here, for all its minor imprefections & oddities, and I'm always glad to take off from LHR en-route home to sunny warm Thailand, after one of my frequent (family reasons) returns to the UK.

It's all so very gloomy & cold & depressing, as I fear Yingluck must now be finding it, ameliorated only by the recent January-Sales. :cool:

5 hours ago, waders123 said:

If it was an average citizen, from any country, with these particular criminal charges, Interpol would have already picked them up and they would be waiting for extradition back to the country they came from.  WOW!  No question that: Money and Power is the absolute law of Earth. 

Interpol has no power to arrest. It is up to the the police in the country, where the fugitive is, to arrest or not arrest him/her.

Archived