Yingluck in UK on entrepreneur visa: Pheu Thai

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, wayned said:

I thought that the Thai government had revoked all of her passports.  How did she get a visa without a valid passport?

Because she is a Montenegrin citizen now - or possibly even a citizen of Uganda, Nicaragua or St. Kitts and Nevis?

If this is correct one of the requirements for an entrepreneur visa is - "a criminal record certificate from any country you have stayed in for a total of 12 months or more over the last 10 years".

Wonder how she got that! [emoji99]

Perhaps the UK authorities didn't regard a conviction for an essentially political "offence", handed down by a court with "political" in it's title, and controlled by a junta government established by a coup which was staged to forstalled an election which would quite likely have returned her to office, as a "criminal offence".
Not beyond the bounds of possibility now is it?

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, Kron said:

If this is correct one of the requirements for an entrepreneur visa is - "a criminal record certificate from any country you have stayed in for a total of 12 months or more over the last 10 years".

Wonder how she got that! :sleep:

The visa was probably obtianed before conviction. It is called forward planning. It is something that Chinese Thais are quite good at but an ability that most Thais are yet to develop.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Yingluck applied for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa, which allows the holder to stay in the UK for a maximum of three years and four months, reports quoting unnamed sources in Pheu Thai Party said.

That's my girl! I hear Ying's Thai Bites has already got Planning thumbs-up . . . right outside Bucks Palace, too, for all you selfie saddoes.

11 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Perhaps she might offer to advise the UK-government pro bono, they are desperately in-need of a plan for subsidising/maintaining their own agricultural-sector, after Brexit removes the current essential subsidies ? :whistling:

Now there's a thought , Yingluck for PM , which party she would favour ? Not too sure.

4 hours ago, Compassionate said:

Let give her a place to breathe, do not push it too much we are human. 

It's a shame she's not human herself...but a selfish, uncaring, conniving criminal who robbed us of millions, and caused the death of poor people who suffered as a result of her actions. She should pay dearly, as sentenced, instead of enjoying unlimited freedom in the UK. 

18 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Perhaps she might offer to advise the UK-government pro bono, they are desperately in-need of a plan for subsidising/maintaining their own agricultural-sector, after Brexit removes the current essential subsidies ? :whistling:

After Brexit, the entire May's Removals team will hot-foot it over here, having heard that dummies can do a better job.

10 minutes ago, jkcjag said:

It's a shame she's not human herself...but a selfish, uncaring, conniving criminal who robbed us of millions, and caused the death of poor people who suffered as a result of her actions. She should pay dearly, as sentenced, instead of enjoying unlimited freedom in the UK. 

I am afraid my dear that you have just described the essential qualities present in all politicians be they past, present or future. That is just the nature of the beast. Yingluck cannot be singled out from her peers and contemporaries just because she was (rather unconvincingly) tried and found guilty. 

20 minutes ago, jkcjag said:

You mean like Tony Blair?

5 hours ago, wayned said:

I thought that the Thai government had revoked all of her passports.  How did she get a visa without a valid passport?

Stop asking awkward questions or you, too, could end up having to do a bunk.

So... an entrepreneur visa... no one else came up with that... perhaps Yingluck is smarter than her opponents in power, after all

side note re passports... couldn’t she simply have gotten the visa in any Thai passport (4... lmao!), prior to them being suspended?

Archived