Yingluck in UK on entrepreneur visa: Pheu Thai

webfact

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

clever woman.....first entrepreneur, and at the same time asylum. Good choice.

I hope she will be soon back with her brother as free Thai citizen after the junta will be gone.

How nice of you to admire billionaire criminals.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

Now there's a thought , Yingluck for PM , which party she would favour ? Not too sure.

UKIP, I would say . . . no high flyers trying to pinch her assets in there.

35 minutes ago, PAIBKK said:

WRONG !!!
Caymanian passports are issued in the United Kingdom !!!

I'm on the Cayman Islands twice per year for over 32 years. 

You couldn't squeeze me and the missus in, this year, could you? We love white, sandy beeches and palm trees. Just like Thailand, really, except everything is sort of . . . respectable. Surprised YL isn't there . . . the UK's shit at this time of the year.

3 hours ago, quandow said:

Suggestion to the Newbies posting in defense of Yingluck:

Lurk a bit before jumping in on a topic such as this.

A suggestion to you, don't tell other posters what to post.  This is a public forum, anyone can register and make any comment they like within the rules.

2 hours ago, JAG said:

Perhaps the UK authorities didn't regard a conviction for an essentially political "offence", handed down by a court with "political" in it's title, and controlled by a junta government established by a coup which was staged to forstalled an election which would quite likely have returned her to office, as a "criminal offence".
Not beyond the bounds of possibility now is it?

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not beyond the bounds of possibility either that she didn't have a conviction when she got the visa.

36 minutes ago, Ossy said:

You couldn't squeeze me and the missus in, this year, could you? We love white, sandy beeches and palm trees. Just like Thailand, really, except everything is sort of . . . respectable. Surprised YL isn't there . . . the UK's shit at this time of the year.

Ahh, stuff the weather, what's the luxury goods shopping like in the Cayman's? :smile:

3 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Now there's a thought , Yingluck for PM , which party she would favour ? Not too sure.

As a very rich lady, the Cons might be in with a chance, depending on 'donations' to party-funds ? :wink:

Then again, plenty of populist politician-millionnaires in Labour, too.  :shock1:

Perhaps start a new party, call it Brits-Love-Brits ? :whistling:

But the Monster Raving Loonies might yet be in with a chance ! :cool:

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

How nice of you to admire billionaire criminals.

all billionaires are criminals, but not all criminals are billionaires.

I like this family. Since they are gone, corruption is still there, fighting or democracy is not allowed, but gateways will be installed, stupid weapons are bought, ridiculous stories invented about rings and watches, China is taking over the country in many ways, just to mention only a few things. Therefore I'd prefer to have the Shinawatras who got the bigger picture for Thailand, so that Thailand would not be the bearer of red lantern in the ASEAN train, as it is now.

Better to have somebody who will put one of 10 baht into his own pockets than to suffer from this useless junta.

3 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

all billionaires are criminals, but not all criminals are billionaires.

I like this family. Since they are gone, corruption is still there, fighting or democracy is not allowed, but gateways will be installed, stupid weapons are bought, ridiculous stories invented about rings and watches, China is taking over the country in many ways, just to mention only a few things. Therefore I'd prefer to have the Shinawatras who got the bigger picture for Thailand, so that Thailand would not be the bearer of red lantern in the ASEAN train, as it is now.

Better to have somebody who will put one of 10 baht into his own pockets than to suffer from this useless junta.

I do not think this is a useless Junta. Living for decades here in Thailand, NOW & today I have the impression or let say the feeling, it is changing for us, the public, there is something which is setup-ed and goes into the right direction.... Just think back how it was before.....

7 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I wonder what you'd have to provide to get a Thai multi-entry Entrepreneur Visa

There is a 10 million thb Investment Visa available in Thailand, valid for one year and renewable as long as the investment remains.

I wonder how she got around this when she was applying for her visa!

Overseas criminal record certificates 6.

If you are applying for entry clearance as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant or as an adult dependant (over 18 years old) of the main applicant in this route, you must provide an overseas criminal record certificate for any country you have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more, in the 10 years prior to your application. You must provide the following specified documents:

• The original certificate, for each country (excluding the UK) where you resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, since aged 18 years old, issued by the overseas authority, and

• If the original is not in English, then you must provide a translated copy of certificate, in line with the requirements set out in the criminal records checks guidance on

4 minutes ago, Duk1 said:

If you are applying for entry clearance as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant or as an adult dependant (over 18 years old) of the main applicant in this route, you must provide an overseas criminal record certificate for any country you have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more, in the 10 years prior to your application. You must provide the following specified documents:

• The original certificate, for each country (excluding the UK) where you resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, since aged 18 years old, issued by the overseas authority, and

• If the original is not in English, then you must provide a translated copy of certificate, in line with the requirements set out in the criminal records checks guidance on

post#37

7 minutes ago, Duk1 said:

Maybe she did provide documents about being convicted of an offence that is not recognised as such in the UK, thus is irrelevant.

12 minutes ago, Duk1 said:

my , my,   why did so many tv posters all fall down and bump ttheir heads at the same time ? they all seemed to be confused into thinking that all the other "free" countries of the world will in any  way honor any thing or rule of law  that comes out of a military led non democratic coup government   ? why  ? it boggles my mind .

10 hours ago, djjamie said:

I hope her English has improved if she is staying in the UK. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkmLxT4Alfo

I thought her English was excellent. 

It's a pity the interviewer was unprepared and asked the same questions over again. 

I bet there's a lot of people wishing they listened to her wish to remain democratic. 

Here we are 4 years later. 

16 minutes ago, greenchair said:

It's a pity the interviewer was unprepared and asked the same questions over again. 

I bet there's a lot of people wishing they listened to her wish to remain democratic. 

18 minutes ago, greenchair said:

lol.  Her  comments  were  more   interesting  in  the  following   clip.  Defence  and  strategy for the   continuance  of  a  desired   dynasty by  whatever  means was  the message  overall  for  me.

15 hours ago, wayned said:

I thought that the Thai government had revoked all of her passports.  How did she get a visa without a valid passport?

I told you that the other day, the same way I left and got into the UK and we crossed at the same point too

Archived