Passport renewal service

My passport runs out in just over 6 months. Dont want to drive from my home in Phetchabun to the British Embassy to renew it as its quite a toll on my old bones and i find Bangkok driving really stressful. So, i looked on the internet for services that do it for a fee (all were 5000bt) and there are a few.

So, was wondering if anyone has used the service and can let me know their experience and recommendations. Plus any advice using them would help.

Yeah that would be a loveley idea. BUT do NOT pay in advance anything at all. Because I suspect that you maybe have it as a british citizen, like we have it in Sween.

There is no chance in hell that a substitute for yourself, an agent, or an representative can show up at the embassy, signe the passport, take a picture of who? and then hand over a finished and readymade passport of yourself?'

My sincere gratulations if you can pull this scam off..

glegolo

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Yeah that would be a loveley idea. BUT do NOT pay in advance anything at all. Because I suspect that you maybe have it as a british citizen, like we have it in Sween.

Getting a new UK passport is not the same as getting a Swedish one.

Many people have used an agent to submit their application and pickup their passport in Bangkok.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, glegolo said:

There is no chance in hell that a substitute for yourself, an agent, or an representative can show up at the embassy, signe the passport, take a picture of who? and then hand over a finished and readymade passport of yourself?'

glegolo

Although to get a UK passport in Thailand, you do not go to the British Embassy , you go to an agency in BKK that sends all the details and application to the UK , where its processed and then sent back to the agency

41 minutes ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

Totally wrong in everything you have said

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

There is no scam, you can renew a UK PP by post using an approved agent...Have done it for my old chum....:stoner:

The biometrics are taken off the photo the applicant provides, the photos must be to the criteria on the Government website.

This is one danger of using an agent, as if they are not correct the whole application will fail

Just now, Mattd said:

The biometrics are taken off the photo the applicant provides, the photos must be to the criteria on the Government website.

This is one danger of using an agent, as if they are not correct the whole application will fail

danger of using an agent? vfs are an agent but i get your point. 

• Like 1

i have used vfs years ago in london to get my mrs a schengen visa to go spain before she got her uk passport. absolute nightmare. 3 hour wait, all run by foreigners who could hardly speak english themselves. the one in bkk is excellent. get seen pretty much straight away, check your docs, straight into a dhl envelope to liverpool and new pp back in 2 weeks by most peoples experience

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sonos99 said:

I have used Key Visa in Pattaya as agent for a UK passport. I was happy with the service and would use them again. 

key visa and thaivisaexpress are the two i'm looking at. Seen nothing bad for either.

1 minute ago, Eff1n2ret said:

The OP is in Petchabun. Are there agents up that way similar to those in Pattaya? If not, it's further from Petchabun to Pattaya than to BKK - or is it possible to deal with the Pattaya agents by post?

But can EMS them to the agent.... no traveling.

• Like 1

Just now, Eff1n2ret said:

The OP is in Petchabun. Are there agents up that way similar to those in Pattaya? If not, it's further from Petchabun to Pattaya than to BKK - or is it possible to deal with the Pattaya agents by post?

Yes. you use EMS post...The guy at Key is a farang, you can email with all your questions..

5 hours ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

The British Embassy does not issue passports in Thailand so an Embassy visit is not necessary.

20 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

The British Embassy does not issue passports in Thailand so an Embassy visit is not necessary.

You have to go to the UK visa application centre, address below :-

UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana
Bangkok
Thailand

They check everything and forward it on to Britain, this is from the official GOV.UK website.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Carlosm said:

28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana
Bangkok
Thailand

They check everything and forward it on to Britain, this is from the official GOV.UK website.

Yes, I know that, hence my post!

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Carlosm said:

28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana
Bangkok
Thailand

Correct, but the "postal" agent does everything for you, they do all the photo copies etc till stuff is 100%......THEN they take your stuff to Trendy where there is no ploblem...

1 minute ago, transam said:

Correct, but the "postal" agent does everything for you, they do all the photo copies etc till stuff is 100%......THEN they take your stuff to Trendy where there is no ploblem...

Yer, decided already thats the best way, not too expensive either as it would cost me around 3000 baht in traveling expenses, and, as you say, peace of mind too.

7 hours ago, Carlosm said:

key visa and thaivisaexpress are the two i'm looking at. Seen nothing bad for either.

One bad thing I can tell you about Key Visa is that if you don’t have a UK debit or credit card, they’ll convince you that your Thai card won’t work, offer to let you use theirs instead and add on 2,000 baht to their fee for the privilege. When I asked how they could justify such a ridiculous charge, the guy claimed it was to cover their banking costs. There’s no charge for credit or debit card transactions in the uk and even assuming that he had to transfer money to his UK bank acccount on a regular basis to provide this service, he’d lose about 2-3% in fx fees, not 40%.

7 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

One bad thing I can tell you about Key Visa is that if you don’t have a UK debit or credit card, they’ll convince you that your Thai card won’t work, offer to let you use theirs instead and add on 2,000 baht to their fee for the privilege. When I asked how they could justify such a ridiculous charge, the guy claimed it was to cover their banking costs. There’s no charge for credit or debit card transactions in the uk and even assuming that he had to transfer money to his UK bank acccount on a regular basis to provide this service, he’d lose about 2-3% in fx fees, not 40%.

Good point. Thai bank cards cannot be used, Liverpool will only process UK cards.

You are right in saying that there is no charge for the transaction and I know other agents, who expect to use their card, do not charge.

9 hours ago, Mattd said:

There is no way that biometrics ie retina pattern, facial dimensions etc. can be obtained from a passport sized photograph, the resolution is too small. It would be much better that the Passport people ask for a 10 x 8 at 720 dpi, or a high res jpg file. They could then reduce the size to fit on the passport.

Edited by wgdanson