Deaths of foreigners increase

geovalin

More than 100 foreign nationals died in Cambodia last year, an immigration department official said this week. So Khorn Panharith, deputy director of the immigration department, said on Wednesday that 119 foreigners died in Cambodia last year, including 12 women.

“There were six causes for the total number of deaths,” he said. “About 81 died from illnesses, 11 from traffic accidents, 13 from suicide, one from murder, seven from drowning, and six unexplained deaths.”

Mr Panharith added that 86 foreigners were also injured, 18 of them women. They got injured during robberies, traffic accidents and acts of violence. “The number of dead and injured foreigners increased in 2017 compared to 2016,” he noted.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50101659/deaths-foreigners-increase/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 12/01

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

Alas this rise will be a mathematical certainty, since ridiculous new laws in Thailand, usually only applied to farangs, will be causing more expats to relocate to Cambodia.

Care to share what those new laws might be? Inquiring expat minds want to know.

10 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Alas this rise will be a mathematical certainty, since ridiculous new laws in Thailand, usually only applied to farangs, will be causing more expats to relocate to Cambodia.

please advise whats laws were enacted that only apply to expats.

29 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If anything, new visa options are being issued so one would expect the opposite!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

for me at least, i reached my limit with the endless hassle,

after 14 years or so i moved to cambodia so i wouldnt have to put up with the ever increasing visa hassle.

now i'm finally almost 50 so i can go back and hope for a retirement visa,

but i have this funny feeling the immigration officer will just obstruct and delay so i cant get extension in a timely manner.

...and to preempt you, i do meet all requirements for retirement visa when i turn 50,

its just that the immigration officer dont follow regulations

Cambodia is tightening its visa laws starting with business visas. Pretty soon it will be the same as Thailand

https://aecnewstoday.com/2017/axe-falls-on-endless-cambodia-visa-extensions/#axzz541bf3aqb

23 hours ago, ostyan said:

six unexplained deaths.

What is this ??

add that to the Murdered list = 7  -  Cambodia is a dangerous place to live if you are dodgy, or get involved with another Khmers woman.

5 hours ago, toughlove said:

Cambodia is tightening its visa laws starting with business visas. Pretty soon it will be the same as Thailand

https://aecnewstoday.com/2017/axe-falls-on-endless-cambodia-visa-extensions/#axzz541bf3aqb

Only partly true. The "tightening" is for so-called "business visas" which are frequently used to stay for years without actually having a business. Cambodia now has a designated retirement visa (the ER class visa) which is very easy to get

if you qualify. They are just making sure that retirees have the correct visa without "stretching" the rules. Like the Thai retirement visa, the new Cambodian visa does not allow working while retired. In order to work there is another visa class for that. All the info is at the Cambodian Immigration website.

14 hours ago, poanoi said:

for me at least, i reached my limit with the endless hassle,

after 14 years or so i moved to cambodia so i wouldnt have to put up with the ever increasing visa hassle.

now i'm finally almost 50 so i can go back and hope for a retirement visa,

but i have this funny feeling the immigration officer will just obstruct and delay so i cant get extension in a timely manner.

...and to preempt you, i do meet all requirements for retirement visa when i turn 50,

its just that the immigration officer dont follow regulations

Are you having an issue with just one (1) immigration guy? If so then I can understand your problem. If not then there no reason why you shouldn't get a retirement visa if you qualify.  There are plenty of people being issued retirement visas everyday. 

33 minutes ago, ericthai said:

Are you having an issue with just one (1) immigration guy? If so then I can understand your problem. If not then there no reason why you shouldn't get a retirement visa if you qualify.  There are plenty of people being issued retirement visas everyday. 

a fat woman to be specific