Looking at localbitcoin, is it possible to begin with a small investment?

dictater

No they don't only deal in whole coins. You can buy less. They write the price per whole coin and then set limits in the next column. You can buy 1000 baht worth if you want. Or you use coins.co.th or bx.in.th. At a quick glance right now BX is cheapest today, but it varies.

It's not required but some people submit verification anyway so their profile says 'verified' that helps if later they post an ad themselves to sell their bitcoin, when they want to convert it to fiat. 

So it's weird that the seller is asking you. Don't send it, just pick one of the other dozens of sellers.

I went through with the transaction by simply making a deposit into the seller's account and he transferred the coin.  Are you familiar with localbitcoin, I wonder what fees they charge for each transaction, I read a number but it doesn't calculate to what I just did. 

Suggest you use Localethereum.com for more manageable fees.  Local LBC is fine too - more traders.   You'll pay more than BX, but hey, that's the price of convenience any greater anonymity.  As for fees on LBC, 1% taken by LBC, 2-5% taken by the seller, and you pay the BTC transfer costs. 

Archived