How did you find long term love in Thailand?

music065

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Total tosh.......Man and woman do with their life what they want too do....All have different views of what they want from THEIR life....No two people are the same....

Did you miss the boat? I think we have had a similar conversation before. I believe in myself and that I have something other than money to offer a woman. I suggest that other men do too; that they don't have to pay for a woman who can only spread her legs as her part of the relationship; that a man can find a woman who loves them for themselves; and that it is not luck, it is proper planning.

23 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

I met mine in Oz studying her masters degree at uni. She’s probably the most balanced, worldly Thai girl I’ve met. Very lucky to find her. None of the major issues I’ve found in local Thai girls.

obviously of no help to your situation directly but maybe spread your net a bit wider and you may catch the right fish 

I agree totally. You fish in the sewer and you get sewer fish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

Did you miss the boat? I think we have had a similar conversation before. I believe in myself and that I have something other than money to offer a woman. I suggest that other men do too; that they don't have to pay for a woman who can only spread her legs as her part of the relationship; that a man can find a woman who loves them for themselves; and that it is not luck, it is proper planning.

Tosh.....My ex UK wife and Trans were together 20+ years, was great until SHE wanted to do something different.....That was it, HER decision to do something different....NO planning from me 20+ years before would have made any difference to what SHE wanted to do 20+ years on...

1 minute ago, transam said:

Tosh.....My ex UK wife and Trans were together 20+ years, was great until SHE wanted to do something different.....That was it, HER decision to do something different....NO planning from me 20+ years before would have made any difference to what SHE wanted to do 20+ years on...

You still don't seem to understand. There are no guarantees. People can grow apart. I have two ex-wives, we still get along well, my wife knows both of them. We divorced because we simply grew apart. No hatred, no ill-feelings, no hassles, no worries, no rip-offs, no taking everything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smotherb said:

You still don't seem to understand. There are no guarantees. People can grow apart. I have two ex-wives, we still get along well, my wife knows both of them. We divorced because we simply grew apart. No hatred, no ill-feelings, no hassles, no worries, no rip-offs, no taking everything.

Yet you talk about "sewer fish", as if you are the nuts and you were no ploblem...Gawd...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Not so sure of that. Is a good career or retirement luck or proper planning and preparation? I think you need to be aware of the potential problems and plan your attack depending upon your preferences. Too many of the ladies found in bars or online are in it for the money and far too many have lots of disadvantageous baggage--children, dependent family, ex or even current boyfriends or husbands, drug addictions, gambling problems, etc. ad infinitim. Sure, it is possible to meet a good girl even if she sold her favors or advertised herself, but the odds are against you. I would look elsewhere and be prepared to work for it, besides it can be fun; if you have something to offer the ladies other than just money. I know several available and attractive Thai women who have responsible jobs, whose virtues are not negotiable; but who would entertain a legitimate relationship with a farang, but not a sexpat.

Obviously there are lots of ladies in the bars who want money - after all, it's why they do what they do. Not all bar girls are bad but probably it's difficult to find a "good" one.

Unfortunately this does not mean that all non-bargirls are good. There are also lots of ignorant, money oriented girls out there who never worked in a bar and would never work in a bar. I have a friend who enjoyed bargirls for many years until he thought about a "normal" relationship. He met a couple of so called normal girls about his age, with proper jobs, etc. But according to him many of them had in no way a better character then many bargirls. In fact many of these girls thought they are something better than the (in their words) "brown buffaloes" from up-country. Finally my friend found a nice women who he married. My point is that lots of "normal girls" have the same bad attitudes like many bargirls.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, transam said:

5150.gif.fdd7726ce71badfaa947a2681b52c304.gif........You seem to be a lost soul......But, as I said, we are all different....

It seems that something got lost in exchanging posts? It's true that relationships after xx years grow apart and the times are over that people stay married for 60 years+ like our grandparents did.

I don't think that smotherb's and your thoughts are so far away from each other. I guess he only meant that when you're looking in the wrong place, you won't find the right fish.  

2 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

It seems that something got lost in exchanging posts? It's true that relationships after xx years grow apart and the times are over that people stay married for 60 years+ like our grandparents did.

I don't think that smotherb's and your thoughts are so far away from each other. I guess he only meant that when you're looking in the wrong place, you won't find the right fish.  

I don't like the term "sewer fish" used by the guy.....It has no relevance to any relationship...

10 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

She has her high school and university uniforms ........ but they are real and it didn't actually count as cosplay when I took them off her.

Did you stop taking them off? Why?

There's a huge difference between a school uniform and a school uniform, don't you think?

hot.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Did you stop taking them off? Why?

There's a huge difference between a school uniform and a school uniform, don't you think?

hot.jpg

That looks just like my wife's University Uniform, I stopped taking it off her because she's stopped wearing it while she has a year off.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

That looks just like my wife's University Uniform, I stopped taking it off her because she's stopped wearing it while she has a year off.

And I always thought the idea about such a uniform is that you never really take it off her. Maybe just open it a little or lift the skirt a little...

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously there are lots of ladies in the bars who want money - after all, it's why they do what they do. Not all bar girls are bad but probably it's difficult to find a "good" one.

Unfortunately this does not mean that all non-bargirls are good. There are also lots of ignorant, money oriented girls out there who never worked in a bar and would never work in a bar. I have a friend who enjoyed bargirls for many years until he thought about a "normal" relationship. He met a couple of so called normal girls about his age, with proper jobs, etc. But according to him many of them had in no way a better character then many bargirls. In fact many of these girls thought they are something better than the (in their words) "brown buffaloes" from up-country. Finally my friend found a nice women who he married. My point is that lots of "normal girls" have the same bad attitudes like many bargirls.

I've never suggested that all non-bar girls are good. However, I do believe the odds of finding a good woman is better if she has not worked the trade. It seems that even a good girl sours and begins to think of herself as a commodity working in the bars.

Well if being normal is lying, cheating, stealing, turning off her phone for a week while visiting "sick dad in isaan" then all I can say is you have been tricked by an ex bar girl.
  • Confused 1

On 1/14/2018 at 11:41 AM, music065 said:

Getting tired of the short term things. Would really like to find something more permanent. How did you find your long term gf/wife?

I found that when I changed my attitude of looking for something to looking for someone, thing developed fairly quickly.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously the internet is an option. But I am not so sure it will work for some of us, who are already a little older and who like pretty young girls. The girls I am thinking about don't need the internet to find guys. They are attractive and they will meet enough guys offline. And if they would ever go to an internet dating site then I guess they wouldn't look for an older guy - they will be flooded with messages from young guys. Obviously there are pretty young girls who look for old guys on the internet, but most of the time only because of the money.

that's a fair point, for sure!

one of the semi attractive girl that messaged me online showed me her inbox after 2 days had 195 unread messages.

also, as a joke we registered my sister online once, she is fairly attractive and got over 350 messages in 3 days on some local dating

I read all of the messages.. 95% of the messages were trash, kept the rest of the 5% but she laughed and was not interested in replying.

35 minutes ago, sanemax said:

For what other reason would a young lady be looking for an older man ?

Believe it or not, some girls like older men. Some reasons might be that younger men are more likely chasing lots of other girls, are maybe more aggressive and less settled, etc.

Lots of people have lots of different tastes, sometimes I wonder why, but I accept that this is how it is.

On 18 January 2018 at 2:54 PM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I'm getting tired of long term thing.

Want something short and stupid.

Would 4'11" and thick as 2 short planks suit?

I know a girl constantly on the prowl and claims to have a beautiful pussy....:blink:

On 1/18/2018 at 5:15 PM, kekalot said:

pay attention to this, the girls you meet online on sites like Thaicupid and Thaifriendly are mostly "farang hunters".. as in they would NOT date a Thai man and will give you a story that .. "once a thai man treated me poorly so no more Thai men.."

trust me, I met quite a few from Thaicupid over the years (never from Thaifriendly, F that free site lol) and 95% of them told me that exact story.

most girls on there are quite disillusioned.. and most of them have had farang boyfriends before (not that this is bad) but I have found from the constant contacts that I have kept with some of them over the years that most are not that smart.. (no dissing here) as they should know that they are basically dating short term tourists and that those people are only here for a fun time.. but the girls are none the wiser.

I keep hearing about those e-Boyfriends or tourists they met and then cry to me when they leave or find someone else other than them. about 5 or 6 of them are now single with kids from those tourists that had no plans on staying more than a few days or weeks to begin with.

proof in point: last year, i broke up with my girlfriend of 1.5 year because she had a major meltdown so i told her we needed a break, she wouldn't give me a break so i told her "maybe we should break up". anyways a week later she met an idiot tourist in hua hin (don't ask me how) and the week after that he got her pregnant.

I've been hearing about this dummy for 11 months now, she married him out of shame as her family practically disowned her and now living a sexless and loveless marriage with a 2 months old kid.

turns out buddy is a broke ass and has to go back home next month, lol.

But you loved her for a year and a half. Hmmm

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Thailand generally has a respect for elders culture, pee nong etc, older people get a higher up wai, children wait on elders at social gatherings. Also a pragmatic approach to relationships, security, fidelity, trust often more important than looks etc. A reality that older guys have their sh*t together, less likely to play up, not work, party all the time. Even in Thai Thai relationship, the guy can be significantly older.

Respect is not the same as fear.

• Like 1

https://www.thaifriendly.com/?ai=1897 - Simply the best FREE dating site I've tried in Thailand for meeting normal, educated ladies. Yeah, sure there are a few bar girls and ladyboys on there too, but for me it was the easiest way to actually meet a Thai woman that spoke really good English and that I could have a proper relationship with. Would highly recommend giving it a try!

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...