How Many In A Taxi?

Niloc

I am meeting four people at the new airport next Monday. Is there a strict limit on the number of people allowed in a cab and is it enforced?

the limit is the volume of the people and how much you can squeeze them together.

(I wouldn't trust the door locks)

Phone a taxi company the day before and pre-book a 7 seater Thai Rung taxi or Toyota Innova. Tell them what you will be wearing and give them a code word (to stop anyone else pinching 'your' taxi) and also which exit you will be waiting at. Some companies use the 7 seat Suzuki APV but I don't recommend them.

Unless you are the only one with baggage I would not even consider it. Thai taxi have LPG tanks in trunk so even smaller than normal. Either take two taxi or a van would be my advise.

I agree that luggage is the real limiting factor. We just go up to the official taxi stand at the airport and tell them how many people we have and show them what we have in luggage and they either get us a regular taxi, the slightly larger taxi, or they point us to the minivans. It has always been a very quick and simple procedure for us.