Cost of Taxi from Klang to Thappraya Rd

Asiantravel

I usually only travel with small suitcases so its no problem to use motorcycles or baht buses but this time I will have a larger suitcase and I want to go from near Big C Extra to the bus station where the Suvarnabhumi Airport bus leaves from on Thappraya Rd.

I can only think of using a Pattaya taxi as a means of getting there. I don’t think I have ever used one here ever before so I don’t know anything about their costs.

How much should I pay and are they likely to penalise me (by overcharging) for not using their services all the way to Suvarnabhumi Airport?

15 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

I was thinking more in terms of using a yellow and blue Pattaya taxi or even renting an entire  blue songthaew as a taxi

I'd say 250 would be the lowest you will be able to negotiate, no matter if yellow-blue/red cab or Sawngthaew.

As has been mentioned, the apps offer a much more cheaper option

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:12 PM, THAILIBAN said:

I'd say 250 would be the lowest you will be able to negotiate, no matter if yellow-blue/red cab or Sawngthaew.

As has been mentioned, the apps offer a much more cheaper option

They actually wanted 350 which is an extortionate price so they can continue to sit around on their bums because I won’t be using them because I found a better solution:smile:

Bell Travel is much closer to me at the bus station and they will pick me up at a hotel which is only three minutes walk from where I live for NOTHING !!

So the Pattaya taxi Mafia lose out again:giggle:

On 1/16/2018 at 8:42 PM, Asiantravel said:

I was thinking more in terms of using a yellow and blue Pattaya taxi or even renting an entire  blue songthaew as a taxi

I never succeeded in getting a realistic price from a yellow and blue taxi in Pattaya, they always quoted three or four times of what I would consider a normal price.

I remember one wanted 350 baht from Central Festival to Third road near the golf range there.

Thappraya to Central was 300 baht.

The third time, I don't remember what route I asked for but the reply was over 500 baht and I haven't bothered talking to one of these crooks since.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Why not use Bell bus service. 

Picks you up at the hotel or approved point and takes you to the bus station and connects with the big bus to Bangkok airport. 

240 baht each way pp.

Smart way to do it and someone else lugs your bags. 

Booking on line or from hotel. 

Edited by dallen52

The going rate from big c on Pattaya klang to the bus station on theppraya is 300 baht. It is even written on the wall board to the right of the front door. I have taken it occasionally when I need to buy a bunch of stuff at Big C.

17 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Why not use Bell bus service. 

Picks you up at the hotel or approved point and takes you to the bus station and connects with the big bus to Bangkok airport. 

240 baht each way pp.

Smart way to do it and someone else lugs your bags. 

Booking on line or from hotel. 

So, takes you to the bus station on pattaya nua and you get a ticket for 240?