True Blocking Overseas Websites

Pungdo

My wife tells me a day or so there was another cable fire down the road which affected my True cable internet service intermittently and since they completed the repairs, I cannot access any of my websites hosted in the USA, on anything other than Chrome and using the Hola plugin :angry:

Does anybody know how to get around this problem, I didn't really have an issue with it until yesterday, occasionally I would get a "Service unavailable" response from overseas based websites, but it wasn't that big an issue and more often than not a page refresh or 2 would see it load.

Have  you called True to report your problem?   Assuming True has repaired the trunk line damaged by the fire maybe that repair required some rerouting of lines which has messed up just your line.  That is, True thinks the problem is totally fixed unless a customer(s) calls in to report a problem with their line.  Call True if  you haven't already.

18 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

In Chrome, go to setting [ 3 dots in the upper right corner]. Scroll down and click Advanced. Now click on Clear Browsing Data, check boxes Cookies and Cache then Clear Data. That should fix your problem.

I should have mentioned that Chrome is the only browser I can get the websites that won't load, too load, but I have to use the Hola plugin set to the USA to get them to load.

The strangest bit is I was building a website for a friend using my Bluehost, US based hosting and it was working fine in Firefox, but then got to the won't load stage, I just migrated his site over to his hosting, again in Bluehost and it loads just fine, so it almost seems like it is just my hosting that is being blocked ??

The affected sites won't load in Edge either.

3 hours ago, Pungdo said:

I should have mentioned that Chrome is the only browser I can get the websites that won't load, too load, but I have to use the Hola plugin set to the USA to get them to load.

The strangest bit is I was building a website for a friend using my Bluehost, US based hosting and it was working fine in Firefox, but then got to the won't load stage, I just migrated his site over to his hosting, again in Bluehost and it loads just fine, so it almost seems like it is just my hosting that is being blocked ??

The affected sites won't load in Edge either.

I've got the same issue with AIS lately been getting many 'not available outside the US'. Or not available in your location.  ESPN and YouTube are the most often along with many smaller news outlets. My biggest issue is no matter which news feed I try I get Fox. 

It sounds similar to issues I was having about a year ago also with True Cable.

I needed to switch in a VPN to get to sites.

Another symptom was my computer reported 'Unable to connect to DNS'. It wasn't something True were knowingly doing. The issue went on for a while as it was over Songkran and they couldn't get a tech to me, various resets would make the problem go away but only temporarily. When I eventually got a tech he not only did something on the line but put a new router in for me and everything was OK.

I've got the same issue with AIS lately been getting many 'not available outside the US'. Or not available in your location.  ESPN and YouTube are the most often along with many smaller news outlets. My biggest issue is no matter which news feed I try I get Fox. 

Maybe the govt has blocked Faux for spreading BS?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Archived