Police checkpoint blamed for accident as Malaysian "big bike" tourist dies in South

webfact

9 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

According to the Thai news reports I've read, the other 3 vehicles rear-ended first, when the first vehicle braked suddenly when it saw the cops, and he was the last one to come in at the back. Apparently, the checkpoint is located at the bottom of a hill and not easily visible from distance. Local people quoted in the news said that they have complained about this checkpoint before.

Also that immediately after the accident, the cops removed the checkpoint and left the guy's friends to try and do the best they could while waiting for the emergency crews to arrive. 

I don't really understand why you've posted that to me...is that your justification for another poster's  blaming the motorcyclist alone for his own death?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Never said it was his fault".

You didn't use those words but your first comment suggested it and didn't exactly exonerate him..."Straight road, No problem. He could see the checkpoint 200 meters away, but he didn´t see the car he drove into".

"You are beeing very annoying and irrelevant in your replies.

That's only your misspelled opinion, which is irrelevant to me, but which you are entitled to just as much as I am entitled to post the way I want to and nothing that I have said in this thread is irrelevant.

Everything you say is irrelevant. At least to me.

For the future: You are officially ignored. Have a nice weekend.

9 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

You have the interpretation skills of a small child, I should try to hide that rather than boasting about it on the internet.

Be careful with personal attacks.

There was no problem with my interpreting anything, I was commenting on a completely inaccurate statement someone said(may have been you, I don't know, can't be arsed to go back through everything).

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Be careful with personal attacks.

There was no problem with my interpreting anything, I was commenting on a completely inaccurate statement someone said(may have been you, I don't know, can't be arsed to go back through everything).

Youre right about the attack, sorry.

And I do also feel the same, it made sense to me when I wrote it, however it may have been in error, but I just can't be bothered to check. ?

7 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

I got your point, which was that as this has happened to you in the past you no longer bother to leave a safe gap, right?

Wrong.I still leave a distance ,i value my life.

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I don't really understand why you've posted that to me...is that your justification for another poster's  blaming the motorcyclist alone for his own death?

I have no idea who was to blame and don't know why I'd want to justify anyone else's comments. Just that you asked about the other vehicles and I thought I'd pass on some information I'd read about what happened. Sorry to upset you. 

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

ah you are at it again...

as I told you already in another thread, you might want to avoid internet forums, where people will often post things "to you"... lol, oh jeez....

13 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I have no idea who was to blame and don't know why I'd want to justify anyone else's comments. Just that you asked about the other vehicles and I thought I'd pass on some information I'd read about what happened. Sorry to upset you. 

What makes you think that that could upset me?

12 hours ago, manarak said:

ah you are at it again...

as I told you already in another thread, you might want to avoid internet forums, where people will often post things "to you"... lol, oh jeez....

As I mentioned before, you're not in any position to "tell" me, or anyone else, anything about comments I make to other posters.

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, Russell17au said:

It is not just according to Kieran00001 it is according to the law and it is not only in Thailand. There is NO excuse for running into the rear of the vehicle in front of you. It is negligent driving. Full stop.

The most common rear end shunt in the UK occurs when the lady in front of you at the roundabout, correctly looking to her right, moves away at the gap. You pull forward slowly, correctly looking to your right. and BANG. She changed her mind and stopped. Those of us who drive a lot, have a different perspective on the real world, and not just the idealised world of the Highway Code. Full stop.

On 1/17/2018 at 5:18 PM, Hupaponics said:

Therefore you should know that it's the drivers responsibility to keep a safe distance to the vehicle in front.

If you don't, up to you as they say...

Did you bother to read all that I wrote? Please read again points 4, 5, and 6. 

Driving in Thailand is DANGEROUS. We know this because of the incredible number of people who die on the roads. Unlike the well ordered roads of many countries, here we are often faced with multiple unexpected hazards all within an instant, and highly unpredictable behaviour. It's far to simplistic to say 'maintain a safe distance' as if that alone is going to ensure you don't have an accident in Thailand (a country where, for example, overtaking on blind bends / summits, or head on into opposing traffic, is commonplace).

Archived