Shunned psoriasis sufferer warmed by rays of hope

webfact

Shunned psoriasis sufferer warmed by rays of hope

By The Nation

aebd774d9192e99ce51c7b950437a0e3.jpeg

A masseuse in Udon Thani, already abandoned by her husband because of the psoriasis patches all over her body, suffered a second blow when her employer suspended her after customers became concerned she had Aids.

Actor Bhin Bunluerit, who promotes volunteering on his Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Bhin.fanclub), this week posted about the ordeal that 27-year-old Arunsri (last name withheld) has endured.

Bhin said Arunsri’s psoriasis, which has recurred on and off over the past decade, had flared up after she became pregnant with her second child.

It became so unsightly that she was suspended from work because customers misunderstood her condition for Aids and refused her service.

“My husband left me because he found my illness unacceptable,” a tearful Arunsri said on a TV broadcast. “I want to get better and be cured so I can get back to work. I have to take care of my two children and my mother, who takes care of them in Udon Thani.”

Arunsri is the sole breadwinner for her mother and children, ages 12 years and nine months.

Unemployed for five months, she’s staying with a sympathetic friend in Bangkok while taking medicine for her psoriasis.

Bhin interviewed Arunsri for an episode of the TV-radio show “Hope: Prakaisaeng Haeng Kwamwang” (The Light of Hope) hosted by the Government Lottery Office and aired on Royal Thai Army Radio and Channel 5.

The sponsors gave her Bt10,000, a bag of essentials and two buckets of uncooked rice. Bhin added another Bt15,000 from his own pocket and posted her bank account number online in the hope that more people will make donations.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30336471

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-17

what a sad story of ignorance 

unfortunately what this poor girl doesn't realise is that a little bit of UVB exposure (the sun) will be her best bet to clear that right up, of course it has the side effect of skin tan, but she needs to decide which is worse - having a tan or white skin with psoriasis 

Weeeeeeeeeeeell, I have been a Psoriasis sufferer for decades....Thankfully it is now in remission, the sun does not cure it, it may help, only one UV ray from the sun works on it but it is not fool proof.....

Now this will make you laugh.....Our neighbour is a hi-so nurse, she told Mrs.Trans NOT to have sex with me cos she would catch it....Absolutely true....

Psoriasis is your bodies immune system going into overdrive, there is no cure, your body deals with it if it wants too..

42 minutes ago, webfact said:

It became so unsightly that she was suspended from work because customers misunderstood her condition for Aids and refused her service.

Even if she was suffering from hiv/aids, which she isn’t, a massage wouldn’t transmit it. 

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Weeeeeeeeeeeell, I have been a Psoriasis sufferer for decades....Thankfully it is now in remission, the sun does not cure it, it may help, only one UV ray from the sun works on it but it is not fool proof.....

Now this will make you laugh.....Our neighbour is a hi-so nurse, she told Mrs.Trans NOT to have sex with me cos she would catch it....Absolutely true....

Psoriasis is your bodies immune system going into overdrive, there is no cure, your body deals with it if it wants too..

I have also had it for over 30 years and although the sun helped when I first came to Thailand it doesn't now. Nowhere as bad as this poor girl but still a problem. Someone recently told me about a cream called Yiganerjing, a Chinese wonder cure, I was extremely sceptical having tried many things in the past. It does help, the Psoriasis patches clear up after a few days, not a cure but a good way of getting rid of the outbreaks.

8 minutes ago, phuket Mike said:

I have also had it for over 30 years and although the sun helped when I first came to Thailand it doesn't now. Nowhere as bad as this poor girl but still a problem. Someone recently told me about a cream called Yiganerjing, a Chinese wonder cure, I was extremely sceptical having tried many things in the past. It does help, the Psoriasis patches clear up after a few days, not a cure but a good way of getting rid of the outbreaks.

I get good results from Daivonex used about once a week, but use only very little at a time.

Mine is skin type related and really only bad on the soles of my feet and palms.

A good soak in sea-salted water every week helps as well.

Can't be spread by contact, as Trans says your immune system just decides it doesn't like the top layer of skin so gets rid of it in different ways with different people.

6 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Is this not a diet related malady? 

Ive read that eliminating certain foods can rapidly cure it.

Nope. It's an immune system problem.

Can never be 100% cured but you have to try a few different things to find out which one helps you to try to keep it under control.

19 hours ago, transam said:

I've got it...... Only thing that works is a little bit of sun and careful ammounts of Prednersone....... works a treat......

I have been living with Psoriasis for more than 30 years, and as so many already have said... the UV rays from the sun usually help.
BUT, I have realized that many Thais' either don't care or don't understand about being sick...

My Thai coworker (teacher) has psoriasis like me but she refuses to be out in the sun because it gives her a tan,  she also has diabetes too but eats more sweats than me... she uses 5 times as much insulin as my father that is 20 years older than her and have been on insulin for the past 10 years!?
Her sister (pharmacist) was diagnosed with a stage II lymphoma but instead of getting treatment in the hospital she went to the temple and got herbs blessed by the monks... now she is in the hospital with a stage IV lymphoma!!!

For those who wonder, Psoriasis is basically a genetical disorder that is affected by such things as food, alcohol, stress, and environment.

Poor girl. Sadly, in a job involving physical contact such as massage she's very likely to encounter this kind of ignorance and prejudice.

Psoriasis after birth is quite well documented, triggered by the major hormonal changes taken place in the body - the stress of losing her marriage and her job would only exacerbate the condition further. While her skin may or may not respond to dietary and environmental changes and the medication she's taking, the best outlook is that it settles back down as her body normalises again.