Woman trampled by elephant coming from Thailand

geovalin

A woman was seriously injured by a wild elephant in Battambang province yesterday. Police confirmed it was the same six-tonne female elephant that strayed into Cambodia from Thailand on January 10.

District police chief Song Sopheak said Chork Kimhai, 32, a local farmer, was trampled by the beast while she was sleeping in her tent in a cassava field in Bour commune. “She was transported to the hospital following the incident,” he said.

“She is still being treated, having suffered several broken ribs.” Mr Sopheak said the elephant moved towards Nam Sap Mountain after the incident.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50103163/woman-trampled-by-elephant/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 19/01

an elephant trampling a tent ?
I heard about elephants walking through a tent camp without uprooting any stakes, so why should this elephant trample a tent ... 
females tend to live in herds I believe, while young males roam; maybe this poor female was expelled and thus distressed, alienated, or has gender issues ?

2 hours ago, KKr said:

an elephant trampling a tent ?
I heard about elephants walking through a tent camp without uprooting any stakes, so why should this elephant trample a tent ... 
females tend to live in herds I believe, while young males roam; maybe this poor female was expelled and thus distressed, alienated, or has gender issues ?

A katoey elephant?