Trouble With Ipstar

Hi folks,

We are into our 4th month of iPSTAR now and would like to share my experience with others thinking about using it.

The speed we get is great -faster than the broadband connections I have used in the UK and Florida.However it is far from dependable.Last month our unit packed up and we had the boys down from Bangkok at our expense to see what the problem was.They changed everything apart from the actual plastic dish and again we could use the internet.Even with the new unit(which looks different and has more ventilation holes) there have been problems.Cannot find server is the usual problem.Maybe per one hour 10 minutes is spent looking at the xweb to check if I am logged in still.Our signal strength is good at all times.Backup from Loxinfo is crap and not worth the bother of telephoning to tell them their server is down again.

I use ipstar for daytrading and need a dependable service.This month I have been dealing over the mobile phone again as ipstar is so unreliable.We would like to cancel service but it seems we are stuck with having to pay for a year as this was the contract when we first started.

Price of 3000baht a month gets you 750mb's.I'm online around 3-4 hours a day and use only 500mbs maximum per month.

Anyone else have anything to say about ipstar??I would be so happy with it if I didnt get that white screen with cannot find server message every 2 minutes!

Regards,

Marc

Hi dingfishingtours,as you know I have had Ipstar about the same time as yourself,I do find it very expensive,last month I was over double my download limit.As you I have long periods of blackouts,I put it down to the box overheating,I have to unplug it for about an hour then it seems ok.

When I asked in Wattans about canceling, she told me one months notice was required,not really much they can do if you don't pay I suppose,but it would be hard to go back to dial up.