Phuket police arrest Russian-Ukrainian couple for alleged sale of drug

webfact

Russian-Ukrainian couple arrested for alleged sale of drug

By The Nation

pkt.jpg

Phuket police have arrested a Russian man and his Ukrainian girlfriend for allegedly selling drugs to foreign tourists at a pub in the island province.

Phuket police chief Pol Maj-General Thirapol Tipcharoen held a press conference on Thursday evening to announce the arrests of Viktor Dvinskii, 27, and his girlfriend, Berezina Vladyslava, 22.

Police seized one ecstasy pill, 14.44 grams of cocaine, and 16.66 grams of marijuana from them.

Thirapol said police received a tip-off from a pub in Tambon Kamala in Krathu district that a Russian man had been selling drugs to foreign tourists.

Undercover police went to the pub and found Dvinskii visiting the toilet too often. When police searched him, they said they found a small quantity of drugs.

Police said they checked his mobile phone and saw the photo of his girlfriend with more drugs, so they took him to his rented house where allegedly more drugs were found. His girlfriend was arrested at the rented house.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30336632

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-19

If iv said it once Iv said it a 1000 times, dealing drugs in Thailand is an idiots game, not because I'm anti drugs its because as soon as somebody who you dealt to gets caught they squeal like a pig and that's if the locals don't do it first. then as will be the case here its a long long stay in the monkey house.

Is it worth it!

57 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

If iv said it once Iv said it a 1000 times, dealing drugs in Thailand is an idiots game, not because I'm anti drugs its because as soon as somebody who you dealt to gets caught they squeal like a pig and that's if the locals don't do it first. then as will be the case here its a long long stay in the monkey house.

Is it worth it!

Agreed, and a few recent articles in the BKK Post would seem to indicate that there's a pretty good chance they're being arrested (or at least, ratted out) by their competition.

Sorry, no links allowed, but search BKK Post for "rogue cops" and "NSB".

Edited by impulse

Russian, Ukrainian drug dealers arrested after being reported by Phuket beach club staff

The Phuket News

1516346710_1-org.jpg

Russian man Viktor Dvinskii, 27, and Ukranian woman Berezina Vladyslava, 22, were found to be in possession of cocaine, ecstasy and marijuana. Photo: Phuket Tourist Police

PHUKET: Police yesterday arrested a Russian man and Ukranian woman at a popular beach club in Kamala when they were found in possession of various drugs after staff at the beach club became suspicious of the man’s activities.

A team of officers led by Kamala Police Chief Lt Col Pramuan Jaikratok together with Phuket Tourist Police Lt Teerapong Torarit arrested Russian man Viktor Dvinskii, 27, andUkranian woman Berezina Vladyslava, 22, at 2am at the popular beach club .

Police seized from the pair two ecstasy pills, ten bags of cocaine with a total weight of 14.44 grams, 16.66g of marijuana and an iPhone X.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-ukrainian-drug-dealers-arrested-after-being-reported-by-phuket-beach-club-staff-65633.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-19

6 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

Is it worth it!

NO!

9 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Usually there is no trial/sentence to these sort of news stories. Could it be that big money makes it all disappear.   Just saying ...

I know of one or two big cases in the past that got prosecuted and they paid as requested but still ended up in jail minus there money.

i think drug dealing here is the only thing you cant buy your way out of.

I say it again drug is illegal and it seems as to meny Russians coming to Thailand only for sell drugs and stealing from other Russians I hope immigration will soon stop this migration of bad Russian and same time why so many tourists come Thailand for taking drugs 

But good luck to this two 1 quality tourist 

I'm just wondering if anyone out there reading these comments looks at this common, everyday, photo-op "drug dealer/s busted" media "headline" and realizes that a drug bust really has little if anything to do with the bigger picture here?

You look at the photos of smiling officials in other non-drug arrests, and you don't realize that there is something going on that has nothing to do with drugs whatsoever?

Wow. 

Just now, webfact said:

Police seized one ecstasy pill, 14.44 grams of cocaine, and 16.66 grams of marijuana from them.

That's the one. Later article 2 pills, a bit of dope but the coke will see them in problems. It's still not much but these guys don't want non Thais selling. 

13 hours ago, catman20 said:

I know of one or two big cases in the past that got prosecuted and they paid as requested but still ended up in jail minus there money.

i think drug dealing here is the only thing you cant buy your way out of.

Know how?  From your 'contacts' at the bar?  Which cases?

What about les majeste?