Pattaya beaches

irishken

Have they cleaned up in the last month or so since the monsoon season is over.

I haven't seen any reports of large amounts of debris washing up on shore from storms or any other reasons that are usually given. 

I  know the beaches are not exactly clean compared to other Thai beaches but last time i was there (Feb 2016), down around soi 3 or 4, it actually wasn't that 

bad. 

Anyway, i will be in Patts in 3 weeks so was just hoping for an update with positive news. 

Oh and did the alcohol sales ban start on the beach yet?

Beaches are clean for now; even the sea looks clean. I can't imagine it changing in the course of 3 weeks.

If you order a beer you will get one bought to you, though not necessarily from the vendors own stock. 7/11 and Family Mart are close by to Sois 3 and 4.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Beaches are clean for now; even the sea looks clean. I can't imagine it changing in the course of 3 weeks.

If you order a beer you will get one bought to you, though not necessarily from the vendors own stock. 7/11 and Family Mart are close by to Sois 3 and 4.

Thanks for the info 

7 hours ago, AlexRich said:

10,000 rats can't be wrong ... they love it, apparently.

Fortunately decayed rat scat looks very similar to brown sand. Except sand mostly stays in place during hi-low tide cycles. The rats are entertaining in the evenings as you walk the boardwalk.

15 hours ago, irishken said:

did the alcohol sales ban start on the beach yet?

A smoking ban has also started that affects initially 20 beaches including Patong, Koh Khai Nok, Koh Khai Nai (Phuket); Hua Hin, Cha-Am, Khao Takiab (western province of Prachuap Khiri Khan); Pattaya, Jomtien, Bangsaen (eastern province of Chonburi) and Samila (Songkhla city).

Anyone found to be breaking the law will face one year in jail or a maximum 100,000 baht (£2,285) fine, or both.

10 minutes ago, crutchy26 said:

Went to Chanthaburi a couple of months ago. By far the  better beach on the eastern sea-board.

Believe me. I'd rather be elsewhere but with a long trip to Thailand and then to mukdahan, we don't want to put even  more pressure on two small kids with more flights. 

This is should be our last time in patts and it has lots of stuff for children so the beach is just for a bit of time in the day. 

If if they hadn't of stopped the flight out of ubon to down south, we'd be going elsewhere 

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

A smoking ban has also started that affects initially 20 beaches including Patong, Koh Khai Nok, Koh Khai Nai (Phuket); Hua Hin, Cha-Am, Khao Takiab (western province of Prachuap Khiri Khan); Pattaya, Jomtien, Bangsaen (eastern province of Chonburi) and Samila (Songkhla city).

Anyone found to be breaking the law will face one year in jail or a maximum 100,000 baht (£2,285) fine, or both.

Neither of us smoke so no problem their. 

I gave them up the day the smoking ban started in ireland about 13 years ago.

2 hours ago, irishken said:

Believe me. I'd rather be elsewhere but with a long trip to Thailand and then to mukdahan, we don't want to put even  more pressure on two small kids with more flights. 

This is should be our last time in patts and it has lots of stuff for children so the beach is just for a bit of time in the day. 

If if they hadn't of stopped the flight out of ubon to down south, we'd be going elsewhere 

Jom Tien beaches clean, I was there two days ago, no smoking on the beach but on the beach walk its okay as well as drinking beer.........much friendlier there as well.  There is a playground right on the beach for kids to jump around in.

Sea water especially noticeably cleaner in november and december and beach very clean on concession area I sit soi 5

The vast majority who claims rats dirty disgusting effluent etc etc are the guys who cant get off their bar stools and look grey and haggerd but claim to be living the dream.

The beach is a LOT cleaner then where I'm from south west of uk coastal area

22 hours ago, irishken said:

Neither of us smoke so no problem their. 

I gave them up the day the smoking ban started in ireland about 13 years ago.

That won't stop the scammers with a few butts in their pockets trying to make hay while the sun shines.

I shall be staying well clear of the beach when I next visit.

18 hours ago, irishken said:

Cheers for the info. I'll definitely visit the other beaches around patts. As for swimming, I'll stick to the pool just in case. 

Once the kids kids can make a few sand castles in relatively clean sand I'll be ok with that. 

Go to Jomptien. Bigger, cleaner, less crowded beach.

Excuse me where did I say that.....??  Dont quote me and then move the Goalposts

You posted that the sea water looked noticeably cleaner in November & December. I was just ASKING if you knew if the bacteria count was any cleaner as well?

4 minutes ago, Gregster said:

You posted that the sea water looked noticeably cleaner in November & December. I was just ASKING if you knew if the bacteria count was any cleaner as well?

I refer you to my previous answer. You want to check bacteria levels knock yourself out...

On 1/20/2018 at 5:37 PM, Chivas said:

Sea water especially noticeably cleaner in november and december and beach very clean on concession area I sit soi 5

The vast majority who claims rats dirty disgusting effluent etc etc are the guys who cant get off their bar stools and look grey and haggerd but claim to be living the dream.

The beach is a LOT cleaner then where I'm from south west of uk coastal area

I don't drink, so am rarely ever on a bar stool. You on the other hand are in denial about the cleanliness of the beach and sea in Pattaya ... and if, like the OP, I had young children, I'd avoid it entirely. Rats carry some nasty diseases, and they are all over that beach. About 10 miles away from my old place in the UK is a sewerage works ... Pattaya beach is undoubtedly cleaner ... but that helps in what way?

On 22/01/2018 at 6:06 PM, AlexRich said:

I don't drink, so am rarely ever on a bar stool. You on the other hand are in denial about the cleanliness of the beach and sea in Pattaya ... and if, like the OP, I had young children, I'd avoid it entirely. Rats carry some nasty diseases, and they are all over that beach. About 10 miles away from my old place in the UK is a sewerage works ... Pattaya beach is undoubtedly cleaner ... but that helps in what way?

Not in denial what are you babbling about

Am just saying that in Nov/Dec it was noticeable cleaner and yesterday at Soi 5 beach rd I went in as usual and went a long long way out and still could see my feet clearly.....I've not seen that since early 90's.....clearly something is being done simple as that....its not the best but there was zero rubbish on the beach and zero rubbish floating simple as

Not in denial what are you babbling about
Am just saying that in Nov/Dec it was noticeable cleaner and yesterday at Soi 5 beach rd I went in as usual and went a long long way out and still could see my feet clearly.....I've not seen that since early 90's.....clearly something is being done simple as that....its not the best but there was zero rubbish on the beach and zero rubbish floating simple as

Great idea to only put your feet into that “noticeably cleaner” water.

Safety First....always!

On 1/23/2018 at 1:06 AM, AlexRich said:

.. and if, like the OP, I had young children, I'd avoid it entirely. Rats carry some nasty diseases, and they are all over that beach. 

I go to beach every day, from September to March, I have not been sick, I have not once read a report that someone became sick from sitting in a beach chair, or on towel on the sand, like many Russians prefer.

Again, it is safe to go the beach in Pattaya, and Jomtien. No need to scare people who visit once a year for few weeks, going by your inaccurate, and scare mongering post, people would be making wrong decisions.

Before you post unsubstantiated cr*p, untrue statements, think what damage this does to people, who would follow your advise! 

OP, beaches in Pattaya and Jomtien are safe, and cleaner than several months ago, when lots of plastic and other garbage washed up.

Archived