Pattaya beaches

irishken

14 hours ago, whitemouse said:

I go to beach every day, from September to March, I have not been sick, I have not once read a report that someone became sick from sitting in a beach chair, or on towel on the sand, like many Russians prefer.

Again, it is safe to go the beach in Pattaya, and Jomtien. No need to scare people who visit once a year for few weeks, going by your inaccurate, and scare mongering post, people would be making wrong decisions.

Before you post unsubstantiated cr*p, untrue statements, think what damage this does to people, who would follow your advise! 

OP, beaches in Pattaya and Jomtien are safe, and cleaner than several months ago, when lots of plastic and other garbage washed up.

I'm convinced that these same posters are bar owners from that soi 6  ramping up potential business saying avoid the beaches at all cost....the rhetoric is always the same

On 21/01/2018 at 7:33 PM, Gregster said:

You posted that the sea water looked noticeably cleaner in November & December. I was just ASKING if you knew if the bacteria count was any cleaner as well?

NOTICEABLY cleaner is what you can see with the naked eye,you know stuff you see floating about and washing up on the beach,I am in Jomtien and the sea and the beach are NOTICEABLY cleaner than the last two years I have spent time in Jomtien in January-february.i would have to see mermaids frolicking in the surf before I would go in the water but that's true off most of the world's busy tourist resorts.

On 1/21/2018 at 7:33 PM, Gregster said:

You posted that the sea water looked noticeably cleaner in November & December. I was just ASKING if you knew if the bacteria count was any cleaner as well?

We go by Eyeballs here, so if it looks, it IS. That's how we know all the condos have no owners and the malls bankrupt. I hate how The Authorities photoshop pics to try to fool us here on TVF. 

n1-Labor1.jpg.f2049aee4b5207e1a8fd1791801116d5.jpg

It's like the Lord Of The Rings w/ all those CGI armies. Disgusting TAT, always fudging numbers! Sheee-it. And we know most of those fake CGI swimmers are Cambodians anyway. Yeah, trying to pretend there's a beach and people actually swim. But we ain't fooled, nossir.

On 1/21/2018 at 12:17 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I shall be staying well clear of the beach when I next visit.

Excellent. No more Shade & Seating reports. Oh--and Soi Buakhao as well. It ain't changed any, esp the pavements & traffic; in fact, as you know Pattaya only gets perpetually WORSE. So if we need to, we'll just read your previous exposés.

7 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Excellent. No more Shade & Seating reports. Oh--and Soi Buakhao as well. It ain't changed any, esp the pavements & traffic; in fact, as you know Pattaya only gets perpetually WORSE. So if we need to, we'll just read your previous exposés.

:violin:

I don't need to go on the beach to report on it. I've got eyes that can see across the road.

Are you having a slow day, that you need to write yet another post about me? I'm not the OP.

You write so many posts aimed at me, that I have to assume you are more interested in me than the OP.

Here’s an excerpt of an independent report regarding water quality at Pattaya. I hope this helps the OP.

Am interested to read other reports (rather than personal opinions). Please share links to any other independent Pattaya water reports please.

————————-

“......The environment of Pattaya beach and especially the water quality have been damaged, and this is the result of hotels, resorts and industrial factories discharging wastewater into the coastal water. The quality of the water at Pattaya beach has been identified by the Pollution Control Department as not suitable for swimming at certain times of the year. The highest numbers of Coliform bacteria found at the sampling stations along Pattaya beach increased from 6000 MPN/100ml in 1976 to 11 000 MPN/100ml, 118 000 MPN/100ml and 240 000 MPN/100ml ......”

————————-

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/233664820_Simulation-of-the-bacteria-count-in-the-coastal-waters-at-Pattaya-after-the-construction

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:passifier:

I don't need to go on the beach to report on it. I've got eyes that can see across the road.

Too dangerous across the road! You know how those pavements are, all broken, massive holes everywhere ignored by The Authorities. Trash, rats, stink, pollution. Low-hanging signs. Nowhere to sit! And then shopkeepers blocking them!!! Tourists die all the time from having to step out into the street and it's always their own fault, too--you know how Thais are never responsible when it comes to a farang death or injury. Whizzing motorbikes (going both ways), crazy baht buses, Thai drivers gunning for tourists!

It's just HELL over there. So, highly inadvisable to be on Beach Rd. at all. 

17 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Too dangerous across the road! You know how those pavements are, all broken, massive holes everywhere ignored by The Authorities. Trash, rats, stink, pollution. Low-hanging signs. Nowhere to sit! And then shopkeepers blocking them!!! Tourists die all the time from having to step out into the street and it's always their own fault, too--you know how Thais are never responsible when it comes to a farang death or injury. Whizzing motorbikes (going both ways), crazy baht buses, Thai drivers gunning for tourists!

It's just HELL over there. So, highly inadvisable to be on Beach Rd. at all. 

:offtopic2:

Topic is Pattaya BEACHES, not the road.

On 1/28/2018 at 9:41 AM, whitemouse said:

I go to beach every day, from September to March, I have not been sick, I have not once read a report that someone became sick from sitting in a beach chair, or on towel on the sand, like many Russians prefer.

Again, it is safe to go the beach in Pattaya, and Jomtien. No need to scare people who visit once a year for few weeks, going by your inaccurate, and scare mongering post, people would be making wrong decisions.

Before you post unsubstantiated cr*p, untrue statements, think what damage this does to people, who would follow your advise! 

OP, beaches in Pattaya and Jomtien are safe, and cleaner than several months ago, when lots of plastic and other garbage washed up.

It's a rat infested beach .. what you choose to do is entirely up to you ... but I personally would never use it or take kids on it ... I know it's rat infested as I watch them scuttle all over it if I walk down beach road in the evening ... if it were in the UK no one would use it until the rats were eliminated because it would be considered a health hazard. Just a few of the diseases transmitted to humans by rodents:

• Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome.
  • Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome.
  • Lassa Fever.
  • Leptospirosis.
  • Lymphocytic Chorio-meningitis (LCM)
  • Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever.
  • Plague.
  • Rat-Bite Fever.

Unsubstantiated? 

On 1/29/2018 at 10:49 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

:offtopic2:

Topic is Pattaya BEACHES, not the road.

Subtopic, not off topic, being addressed is merely one you started: how one might offer the usual authoritative expert trenchant analyses of the filthy polluted beach, notably but perhaps not exclusively, of the shade, seating, and pavements surrounding it, while nonetheless "staying well clear of the beach." So my point is that across the street wouldn't be a satisfactory observation point for the reasons given. I might have added the harassment by itinerant vendors and sometimes ladyboys. 

Archived