Consumer foundation offers legal assistance to customers sued by Mazda

rooster59

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never ever buy a Mazda product. It is considered treasonous to criticise a Japanese product if you are Japanese, such is the state control. Well <deleted> that, we are not Japanese sheep, let them stick their crappy defective cars up their arse.

Buy another brand, Mazda are shit................:shock1:

This case needs maximum publicity.....

4 hours ago, juehoe said:

I like to know, which problems these Mazda 2 have. «Engine problems when speeding» sounds strange. Did the the drives overheat the engine because they are driving too fast and too long and ignored warnings?

Well, that makes you a bit more curious than Mazda, which prefers to sue their customers rather than listen to their complaints.  

2 hours ago, patekatek said:

I, too, would like to know more detail about this issue.  I have a 2016 Mazda 2 SkyActiv with no issues so far.   What the heck can I expect?  I cannot find any information on the internet.  Maybe looking in the wrong places?????

I'm am told only diesel models were affected.  That's what the misses claims as we also have the M2 but she claims it is not part of the dispute.

8 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Well they followed the so called chain of command by trying to deal with the company first, but to no avail.

Then they obviously didn't know where to stop in those dealings - If asking for a 10 yr Guarante & 500,000 km term is true, that's just rediculous 

So why can't they lodge a complaint with Consumer affairs, that's what their there for

The miles and years are really ridiculous either one is more than in a lifetime, especially the way they are driving I'm assuming, something a normal human wouldn't find out at probably at some ridiculous speeding attempt.  

2 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

Well this has made a decision for me I was considering buying the Mazda  3 However How in all honestly can I buy a car of a company that will sue me if I am not satisfied with their product

My guess Is I will not be the only one making this decision Shame on you Mazda Your customer should always come first

You're right, Mazda is now on my shitlist forever.

Funny how just 2 days ago i went to BMW and Honda as we are interested in the new CR-V or maybe X1 and also went across the street to see the Mazda CX-5 and overall liked the Mazda design more then CR-V but the salesman was in a suit and barefoot in flip flops and that kinda made me already think about how future service might be after coming from a very professional BMW dealer and test driving there lol  But after reading this now i think i made up my mind not to look any more into the CX-5 at all. Was a flip anyway between which one to choose.

2 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Another brand i will "blacklist" and never buy. Same as Ford because of how they handled the transmission problems.

If they dont want customers i will comply with their request.

Actually it is not so surprising, Ford is 30% owner of Mazda!

Two brands where you have to stay far away.

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Mazda had released a statement earlier that they had sued these customers because they were asking for unrealistic terms of compensation, including that the company grant them a 10-year guarantee for their cars or cover a driven distance of 500,000 kilometres.

Mazda said it had tried to negotiate with them and offered them a six-year guarantee or 180,000 kilometres, but the offer was turned down.

And suing them is going to remedy that? Mazda (Thailand) might like to remember that they aren't Mazda, and p______g off customers might very well result in their p______g off Mazda (Japan).

9 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Well they followed the so called chain of command by trying to deal with the company first, but to no avail.

Then they obviously didn't know where to stop in those dealings - If asking for a 10 yr Guarante & 500,000 km term is true, that's just rediculous 

So why can't they lodge a complaint with Consumer affairs, that's what their there for

Why redicilius.

Modern car 500000 km why not?

Mine has 495000 Ford and is 8 years old so why not?

my volvo back home also did not much about 58500 before it was damaged by a truck.

There are many cars that can easy do 500000 if well maintened by good mechanics 

14 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Funny how just 2 days ago i went to BMW and Honda as we are interested in the new CR-V or maybe X1 and also went across the street to see the Mazda CX-5 and overall liked the Mazda design more then CR-V but the salesman was in a suit and barefoot in flip flops and that kinda made me already think about how future service might be after coming from a very professional BMW dealer and test driving there lol  But after reading this now i think i made up my mind not to look any more into the CX-5 at all. Was a flip anyway between which one to choose.

'Was a flip anyway ...' Or a flip-flop.

Maybe they shouldn’t be speeding and driving at excessive speeds ?? 

Follow the laws, don’t drive your car like it’s a race car and maybe the cars would be ???

<deleted> that! 95% of Thai men are race car Drivers. I’ve found the best ones usually drive modified Toyota Altis, Honda Brio or Suzuki Swifts.  Also have huge IQs, Wallets and a bulge in the pants ???

1 hour ago, outre99 said:

It sure looks like Mazda had tried to rectify the situation and those customers demanded something unreasonable.  10 year warranty?  seriously?
read the full story before piling up on the Mazda bashing bandwagon. 

Customers ask for unreasonable things all the time, the company doesn't issue criminal proceedings against them. What is wrong with just saying no.

It is not only disgraceful behaviour, but very bad business practice, and considering Mazda is a global brand this could damage them quite severely, especially

if it becomes an international story. If the story is true Mazda deserve to be bashed.

Hope this gets all the publicity it deserves and the end result will hopefully be Mazda loosing billions of Baht in sales!

Any company that tries to hide behind legal action against a complaining customer deserves all the negative publicity it gets.

Here's shooting yourselves in the foot Mazda, you dumb retards!

Really promoting sales - well done, Mazda Thailand, well done! Who, in his right mind, would not look into competitor's products now. 

Had 30+ years ago a Mazda B2000 with a rusty bumper on a brand new car. Was told not to park in the rain outside and there is nothing they could do about it. As it was a lame duck vehicle anyhow I sold it soon afterwards with a loss and never would buy a Mazda again, irrespective of price! 

3 hours ago, patekatek said:

I, too, would like to know more detail about this issue.  I have a 2016 Mazda 2 SkyActiv with no issues so far.   What the heck can I expect?  I cannot find any information on the internet.  Maybe looking in the wrong places?????

Maybe you are driving sensibly.

41 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

'Was a flip anyway ...' Or a flip-flop.

Was gunna reply the same.

My close friend has a CX-5 and raves about it.

But thats in another country , where services cost 15,000 baht and , as long as you continue to service with the manufacturers outlets ( at sometimes outrageous cost )  , the warranty IS honoured.

BTW - surely the BMW costs a lot more ?

11 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

Hope this gets all the publicity it deserves and the end result will hopefully be Mazda loosing billions of Baht in sales!

Any company that tries to hide behind legal action against a complaining customer deserves all the negative publicity it gets.

Here's shooting yourselves in the foot Mazda, you dumb retards!

This is exactly why I think that Mazda Japan have no say in it ...

2 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

You will buy our poo

Wrong. "Extremely reputable Co.'s" do not sue their own customers over complaints. 

This defamation law is not unique to Thailand, I think many of the commonwealth countries have the same law.

Thailand is the only country, AFAIK, where a corporate entity can sue for defamation. In Commonwealth countries, only individuals can be defamed. It is not possible in law to defame a company. Check out Whirlpool, there are constant criticisms levelled at companies over various consumer issues.

Wife and I have a Mazda 3 "grocery getter" in Canada.....great car.  3 years old, solid, cheap to own (as compared to the A3 rejuvenation costs) and fun for her.  Sometimes sits in the garage for 6+ months until we get home for a visit.   Maintenance and knowledgeable dealership staff is everything.  Bringing the Fortuner to the local Isaan Toyota dealership for maintenance here, costs more in re-repairs and frustrating dealership blunders.  Can I sue Toyota for a crap car, based on poorly trained dealership technicians....... 

Sorry I am bit lost at all the comments berating Mazda for its dealings with these customers and offering them a 6-year 180,000km guarantee! I am surprised though that they did not ask for a free car for life! I wonder how far they would have got trying the same stunt on a Thai based company? Everything defective I have ever tried to return has been met with “Sorry mister cannoooot”

Archived