Consumer foundation offers legal assistance to customers sued by Mazda

rooster59

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/20/2018 at 7:22 AM, colinneil said:

How pathetic ,Mazda Thailand suing customers because they bought defective cars.

Great advertising, buy a Mazda car and get sued.:cheesy:

Its the customers who are being pathetic. Read again what their demands are.

2 hours ago, mettech said:

In Thailand people right do not mean anything and beside all of that the vehicle will not last that long the way they drive it it will be in a junk yard  all demolished Thai drivers are good at that.

Really? I think you'll find that there are no stats to back you up on that.

2 hours ago, keithpa said:

In most countries you'd negotiate a position.... so their demands may well be above the offer.

However in a normal democratic country regardless of those positions there is no draconian laws that restrict your rights to complain about a genuine fault.

Of course in many countries, regardless of manufacturers guarantees there are laws that define customer rights and reasonable expectations regarding any consumer product.

Thailand does not subscribe to this, putting the power in the hands of the company rather than it's citizens....Which is why they are in reality subjects rather than citizens.

In the end this isn't about the merits of any particular case, it is about consumer laws and citizens rights to seek redress.

4 hours ago, keithpa said:

Read my post again,i said it is pathetic Mazda selling defective cars then suing the buyers.

I made no comment about who was right, or who was wrong.

My point was that it is a pathetic thing to do, because it will put others of buying a Mazda.

I've seen this group of customers post on thai car facebook pages, it makes no mention of what Mazda offered, just keep on mentioning Mazda refuse to fix it. So I suppose Mazda takes that as customers defaming them after they offered a solution. 

I would say the customers are being ridiculous with their demands, Mazda should not have filed suit but just drag it on if they don't agree with the customers demand. Filing a lawsuit just tarnished their image badly.

That’s M**** off my shopping list along with Nissan, and Chevrolet
would rather walk than buy any of
these brands.
Can’t wait for the new version
of the Suzuki Swift to arrive.
My Wife already has one,superb engineering,fun to drive, highly recommended.
P.S. I do not work for Suzuki.

No proper warranty mostly while buying something in Thailand...and no customer rights as just DEFAMATION is the law regulation they can take out to stop any complains, even if they are proofed and right.

The hell of protection happens to all consumers in Thailand: a shame!

6 hours ago, MartinBangkok said:

Yes, a diesel. More precisely the BMW B47 2.0 diesel engine. Originally 190hp. After tuning ECU at ECU Thailand 225hp.

Hope you didn't or won't suffer problems with the timing chain..

Prefer the 215hp delivered by the V8 3.0 litre engine of my 730iL :smile:

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2018 at 2:00 PM, patekatek said:

I, too, would like to know more detail about this issue.  I have a 2016 Mazda 2 SkyActiv with no issues so far.   What the heck can I expect?  I cannot find any information on the internet.  Maybe looking in the wrong places?????

Mazda 2 XD Skyactiv Diesel have thermic Problems. Mazda 2 Skyactiv 1,3l Benzin Models works well. 

Archived