British expat who doused girlfriend in petrol and set her on fire reportedly arrested in Thailand

rooster59

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I am pretty sure XTC has not much to do with it.. mdma does not make people aggressive (just talkative and horny). I have used XTC often with friends in the past. (ok it was a while back but i still remember). Usually what happend after xtc was wild sex in after parties, not violence. 

I'll take your word for it. Never done drugs, never will. Apart from alcohol.

But isn't LSD a mind bending drug which can lead to restrictions of cognitive senses, say affecting judgement, balance of mind, ability to apply moral judgement etc?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I'll take your word for it. Never done drugs, never will. Apart from alcohol.

But isn't LSD a mind bending drug which can lead to restrictions of cognitive senses, say affecting judgement, balance of mind, ability to apply moral judgement etc?

Alcohol is just as bad if not worse.. so I have no qualms doing drugs (in my home country). Though there are certain drugs I won't do. LSD is supposed to give you hallucinations, who knows what might happen.. but this is too planned for an thing induced by drugs.. I mean buying benzine.. having a jerrycan then going there ect... nice to blame it on drugs but its too calculated People will take stuff that is available.. not plan to do stuff.  

Just a nutter nothing more but if it makes you feel better you can blame the drugs. 

Just now, robblok said:

Alcohol is just as bad if not worse.. so I have no qualms doing drugs (in my home country). Though there are certain drugs I won't do. LSD is supposed to give you hallucinations, who knows what might happen.. but this is too planned for an thing induced by drugs.. I mean buying benzine.. having a jerrycan then going there ect... nice to blame it on drugs but its too calculated People will take stuff that is available.. not plan to do stuff.  

Just a nutter nothing more but if it makes you feel better you can blame the drugs. 

Why on earth would blaming drugs make me feel better? Absolutely no logic there other than a drive, subliminal or not, to defend drugs.

I haven't researched but I can't recall many cases where those incinerating a former partner have been drunk on alcohol or stoned out of their mind for that matter.

But here we may be seeing the irrational actions of someone whose mind has been damaged by long term drug use - which may include alcohol, ectasy, LSD and others for all we know. Or perhaps he only took them this once and this is how he reacted. Drugs are illegal for a reason, like it or not.

Or there again, he may have had personality disorders, mental illness or egotistical paranoia.

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Anyone that needs tablets or needles to get through life has a problem...

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Why on earth would blaming drugs make me feel better? Absolutely no logic there other than a drive, subliminal or not, to defend drugs.

I haven't researched but I can't recall many cases where those incinerating a former partner have been drunk on alcohol or stoned out of their mind for that matter.

But here we may be seeing the irrational actions of someone whose mind has been damaged by long term drug use - which may include alcohol, ectasy, LSD and others for all we know. Or perhaps he only took them this once and this is how he reacted. Drugs are illegal for a reason, like it or not.

Or there again, he may have had personality disorders, mental illness or egotistical paranoia.

I don't defend drugs, i like them but I don't like people doing bad stuff while using them (driving or violence). But it seems some people (not really you) always seem to blame drugs if something bad happens. Like there are no naturally bad people. 

Drugs are illegal because someone said they were.. we have been using drugs since the dawn of mankind. Alcohol is just an other drug (harddrug actually) that was made legal. Sorry I don't buy in the drugs are bad (oh yes they are not healthy but not as bad as made out).

I just think its an other crazy, too many "normal" people seem to burn / drop acid on former partners without the aid of any drugs. 

Just now, transam said:

Anyone that needs tablets or needles to get through life has a problem...

I don't see it that way.. alcohol is classified a hard drug but is accepted. I don't need it to get through life but its can be fun to use (but not over used).  If it is like you say.. needing it to get through life there is a problem.. but the same goes for alcoholics are they really any different then junkies ?

I don't defend drugs, i like them but I don't like people doing bad stuff while using them (driving or violence). But it seems some people (not really you) always seem to blame drugs if something bad happens. Like there are no naturally bad people. 

Drugs are illegal because someone said they were.. we have been using drugs since the dawn of mankind. Alcohol is just an other drug (harddrug actually) that was made legal. Sorry I don't buy in the drugs are bad (oh yes they are not healthy but not as bad as made out).

I just think its an other crazy, too many "normal" people seem to burn / drop acid on former partners without the aid of any drugs. 

So because YOU ain't a problem doing gear it is OK...?

I don't see it that way.. alcohol is classified a hard drug but is accepted. I don't need it to get through life but its can be fun to use (but not over used).  If it is like you say.. needing it to get through life there is a problem.. but the same goes for alcoholics are they really any different then junkies ?

Good grief man......You ain't got a clue about drugs and the lives that end up not living another day without them.....Do some Youtube stuff, may open your eyes a bit...

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

what scum ....  push him off a building rooftop

Better to let him taste his own recipe, BUT make sure the fire moves slowly...:coffee1:

21 minutes ago, transam said:

Good grief man......You ain't got a clue about drugs and the lives that end up not living another day without them.....Do some Youtube stuff, may open your eyes a bit...

I prefer real life experience.. instead of dramatized stuff from the media. Most anti drug crusaders have absolutely no experience with drugs for real. I can honestly say i seen enough use in my country and my circle of friends. All without any problems and the amount of addicts in Holland is quite low. I guess that all does not count.. good grief.. find things out yourself. 

5 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I'd just vote for  lifetime  solitary confinement   until he goes mad.    Then possibly slow execution.    Let the highest bidder be the one to administer the punishment,     Sell tickets  to the torture to make up for the cost of having housed him. :smile:

Incredible that a person could do such a thing to another but we all know there were  people like Hitler and  Joseph Stalin.

Hitler and Stalin, oh yes, it would be wonderful if it was only these two. But...

you can ad a lot more names to that list if you go into history. Genocide is still going on,

often just called war. War against communism, on terror, fighting for human rights, freedom, and democracy, never called land grabbing, resource grabbing, geostrategic actions, roll back policies, imperialism, colonalism etc.pp.

Violence is evil, no matter whether it is done by countries or single persons. And to call for extreme violence against that deranged Garry Iredale is despicable to me.  Violence is no answer to violence.

Read Donovan's "The Universal Soldier"

https://greatsong.net/PAROLES-DONOVAN,UNIVERSAL-SOLDIER,102037722.html

Not one war that was not preventable.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

I prefer real life experience.. instead of dramatized stuff from the media. Most anti drug crusaders have absolutely no experience with drugs for real. I can honestly say i seen enough use in my country and my circle of friends. All without any problems and the amount of addicts in Holland is quite low. I guess that all does not count.. good grief.. find things out yourself. 

So you knew when you started doing "stuff" you would be a model user..?  Crap..

I enjoy your input on the keep fit forum advising folk about diet, vitamins etc and now you the perfect guy admits to doing "gear".......Unbelievable.....5150.gif.f166e80decc5e4debf819e3a7593f0b5.gif

8 minutes ago, transam said:

So you knew when you started doing "stuff" you would be a model user..?  Crap..

I enjoy your input on the keep fit forum advising folk about diet, vitamins etc and now you the perfect guy admits to doing "gear".......Unbelievable.....5150.gif.f166e80decc5e4debf819e3a7593f0b5.gif

I think there are far more user then you realize, have you seen how much drugs they have intercepted recently ? Millions upon millions of pills. Now that is of course only a fraction of what is really sold here in The country. Then you can have an idea about the scale of use. Now think about how much problems you see coming from it.. far less as the amount of users would suggest it does. With this much drugs on the streets the problem should be much bigger.. or there are far more "model" users then you want to admit.

I am not doing stuff now, im in Thailand the penalty is too high for me to do stuff here. I am talking about my past back in the Netherlands. I was training hard then too and yes we would take xtc (maybe once or twice a month at most). All my friends model users.. strange.. maybe.. or maybe not all drugs are as dangerous as people think they are. There is plenty of stuff I would not touch, but i read loads of drugs research and seen that alcohol is classified on the same level as other drugs.. a hard drug. Now if you look at alcohol use like other drug use.. most users are model users.. only a few turn violent and even fewer become alcoholic.

I just have little faith in goverment propaganda about drugs.. just read up onto reefer madness how they demonized weed and now its becoming legal all over the world. 

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think there are far more user then you realize, have you seen how much drugs they have intercepted recently ? Millions upon millions of pills. Now that is of course only a fraction of what is really sold here in The country. Then you can have an idea about the scale of use. Now think about how much problems you see coming from it.. far less as the amount of users would suggest it does. With this much drugs on the streets the problem should be much bigger.. or there are far more "model" users then you want to admit.

I am not doing stuff now, im in Thailand the penalty is too high for me to do stuff here. I am talking about my past back in the Netherlands. I was training hard then too and yes we would take xtc (maybe once or twice a month at most). All my friends model users.. strange.. maybe.. or maybe not all drugs are as dangerous as people think they are. There is plenty of stuff I would not touch, but i read loads of drugs research and seen that alcohol is classified on the same level as other drugs.. a hard drug. Now if you look at alcohol use like other drug use.. most users are model users.. only a few turn violent and even fewer become alcoholic.

I just have little faith in goverment propaganda about drugs.. just read up onto reefer madness how they demonized weed and now its becoming legal all over the world. 

Those who choose to go down the pop a pill route have lost the plot...Us Europeans have been drinking beer and wine for centuries and still get up for work....Junkies live for their junk, that is why it is demonised, and you saying junk is OK was a blow for me today, you a keep fit fanatic too..:sad:

6 hours ago, robblok said:

I thought this was a Muslim thing.. or a Thai thing (when people start commenting on the frail Thai ego). But it seems foreigners can do it too. When rejected some people react totally crazy at times. 

Hope he goes to jail for real long time.

And here it is folks, the first one to say it's a Muslim thing, I knew it wouldn't be long.

1 minute ago, fasteddie said:

And here it is folks, the first one to say it's a Muslim thing, I knew it wouldn't be long.

If you don't get sarcasm.. sorry can't help you.. do look at my other post that follows that one about how people would have reacted if it was a Thai. My point was just that it happens everywhere. 

I am sure he will get sorted out on his return to Vietnam and get what's he due in prison there and hopefully sends out a message 

hope the Do gooders and the Sun newspaper don't get iinvolved they will have a Go Fund me page going for him To make his life easier 

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Those who choose to go down the pop a pill route have lost the plot...Us Europeans have been drinking beer and wine for centuries and still get up for work....Junkies live for their junk, that is why it is demonised, and you saying junk is OK was a blow for me today, you a keep fit fanatic too..:sad:

You still don't get it Trans... but I don't care different people different idea's. You still think that everyone that pops a pil is a junky, if that was so why is not everyone who drinks alcohol an alcoholic ? Get it ? Both are drugs.. and guess what from alchohol we know that not everyone becomes an alcoholic (junkie). Its the same for other drugs.