Changing from Gasohol95 to E20

Dirk_brijs

You might think about using Gasohol 91 instead of E20. I found in my Nissan March that if I use E20, I get around 10% less fuel economy than using G91. It also had less pickup (acceleration) using E20 than G91. The price difference between E20 and G91 is about 10% so it seemed to be a wash price wise so I went for the better performance of the G91.

When I compared G95 to G91, the fuel economy was about the same as was the engine performance. I am not sure how long G91 will be available, I read somewhere that it might be getting phased out.

Just my experience, yours might differ.

Edited by Silurian

I put E20 in mine this week as I couldn't find a 91 pump (there were no colours visible on the pumps). I had zero bars of fuel before topping up. Once I drove off I could feel the slight loss of power but the car sorted it out quickly enough. Like a poster above mentioned the economy goes down a bit. I'm now on 13km/l rather than 15.5 (for city driving)

I have Been running my Honda city on e20 for 5 years . some time there is no e20 have found no difference at all.  I run all my motor bikes on E 20 the same but in Australia I had a 1300 cc bike it was crap on e20 had to run 98 fuel which you can,t buy here any way

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It won't matter if the two fuels are mixed. You will probably notice a loss of power due to the increase in ethanol content from 10% to 20%.

When using E20 in kombination with small engines you better start planning Your overtakings...:coffee1:

4 hours ago, ttrd said:

When using E20 in kombination with small engines you better start planning Your overtakings...:coffee1:

You just put your foot down ;) I agree the power is lacking slightly, but even with a CVT transmission I don't have any problems

40 minutes ago, alien365 said:

You just put your foot down ;) I agree the power is lacking slightly, but even with a CVT transmission I don't have any problems

I tried one time and that time only E20 on my Accord 2,4L year 2012 (the same engine as of today) and it was a dramatically loss of Power. Based on that I just imagine how it may effect the smaller engines...

That said, it may be that the loss of effect may differ on newer engines with another technology...??...
Edited by ttrd

I,ve been using E20 in my Almera(s) for the past 3 years and never found any problems regarding loss in performance compared to 91 or 95 fuels,on a long run I,m getting 20.3 kms/litre with 4 people inside and a CVT auto.....:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, alfieconn said:

On purchasing a new X Trail recently and having a discussion with the General manager he advised me to always use Shell Vpower 95 if possible, not sure if this is just specific to this car or not ! 

Just check recommended fuel insider filler flap..............:thumbsup:

19 hours ago, ttrd said:
I tried one time and that time only E20 on my Accord 2,4L year 2012 (the same engine as of today) and it was a dramatically loss of Power. Based on that I just imagine how it may effect the smaller engines...

That said, it may be that the loss of effect may differ on newer engines with another technology...??...

I'm no expert on cars but I think the transmission may have a larger effect on how the power is delivered. Also by having a performance car you would notice the reduced power rather than in a lightweight eco. I'm used to putting pedal to the metal in mine, especially up steep hills (to which it still delivers). If you did the same in the Accord, I guess you'd expect to be burning rubber

I have a Nissan March and changed from 95 to E20 a few years ago. Just filled up from different pump. Didn't really notice any performance difference but i do not drive very fast. On fuel efficiency, slightly less km/litre, but the fuel is cheaper. By my reckoning, in theory change from gasoline 95 to E20 you will lose about 10% power and about 10% less km per litre, but as it is 25% cheaper,  E20 is more cost effective. Difference between gasohol 95 and E20 only about 5%, E20 about 8% cheaper, so still more cost effective but less so.