Manchester United top world football money list

snoop1130

Manchester United top world football money list

2018-01-23T003533Z_2_LYNXMPEE0M00Q_RTROPTP_4_SOCCER-ENGLAND-MUN-STK.JPG

LONDON (Reuters) - Manchester United <MANU.N> have retained their position as the highest revenue-generating soccer club in the world, edging out Spain's Real Madrid by the narrowest margin ever between the top two.

The Premier League club topped the Deloitte Football Money League for the 10th time by posting a revenue for the 2016-17 season of 676.3 million euros (£593.1 million), 1.7 million euros more than the reigning European champions.

Barcelona were third on 648.3 million euros.

The combined revenue for the top 20 highest-earning clubs rose by six per cent to a record 7.9 billion euros.

The top 20 was made up of 10 English clubs, who were boosted by the fact that 2016-17 was the first season of the current Premier League broadcast rights deal.

The remaining 10 clubs comprised of three each from Spain, Germany and Italy and one from France. Seven-time European champions AC Milan dropped out of the top 20 for the first time.

The 44.5 million euros United received from UEFA for their victory over Ajax Amsterdam in the 2017 Europa League final was crucial to retaining their number one status, although broadcast revenue is now the largest individual revenue stream for the top 20, accounting for 45 per cent.

Dan Jones, partner in the Sports Business Group at Deloitte, said: "United's ability to retain first position is all the more impressive against the backdrop of the weakened pound against the euro, and with both Real Madrid and FC Barcelona forecasting further revenue growth in 2017-18, the battle at the top will likely come down to on-pitch performance again next year.

"With all three clubs through to the Round of 16 of the UEFA Champions League, it may be as simple as the club that goes furthest in the competition will have the best chance of topping the Money League next year."

Big movers include former Premier League champions Leicester City, who climbed from 20th last year to 14th, and Southampton, who enter the top 20 for the first time in 18th position. Both were boosted by playing in European competitions last season.

Elsewhere, Inter Milan climbed four places to 15th thanks largely to commercial growth following their takeover by Chinese company Suning Holdings Group.

(Reporting by Matt Westby; Editing by Christian Radnedge/Jeremy Gaunt)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-1-23

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Spurs have moved up to 11th richest club in the WORLD but they'll still be crying on here poverty and football is unfair.

Pathetic, and becoming the norm sadly.

Your insecurities about your arab sugar daddy buying you success is palpable.  You really are such a delicate wall flower and not up to the job.

^Let's wait until you next bring up 'everybody is richer than Spurs so football is not fair' excuse shall we then I can refer to here and who has insecurities and who is the 'delicate wall flower' (a delicate wall flower, what?).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

25 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Let's wait until you next bring up 'everybody is richer than Spurs so football is not fair' excuse shall we then I can refer to here and who has insecurities and who is the 'delicate wall flower' (a delicate wall flower, what?).

You've already been party to me getting a ban but it ain't happening again so as long as this reply doesn't i'll ask you again to f8ck off and troll someone else.  I've made it quite clear already i'm sick of your persistent stupidity.  

Spend less time trolling, and quoting some of the media berks you seem to mistakenly think credible and more time learning the technical aspects of your squad because on the surface of it your current knowledge is pitiful.

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Stevie surely the lists are just based on accounting facts so why nauseating?

Download and have a read of the latest annual report it's a good read and interesting.

no it isn't and no i won't. the amount of money in football now is horrible and reports like these celebrate it like it's a good thing and equate being top of the rich list to winning trophies. makes me puke.

9 hours ago, carmine said:

You've already been party to me getting a ban but it ain't happening again so as long as this reply doesn't i'll ask you again to f8ck off and troll someone else.  I've made it quite clear already i'm sick of your persistent stupidity.  

Cannot for the life of me understand why you should ever receive a ban......:whistling:

When people reply to others with abusive language they do so because they have clearly lost the argument,which in your case happens very often on this forum.....but I,m sure its everyone else that,s in the wrong and your the one in the right of course...:cheesy:

I would love for a meet up at some time and a chinwag,or would my persistent stupidity rule that out also  :thumbsup:

55 minutes ago, petermik said:

Cannot for the life of me understand why you should ever receive a ban......:whistling:

When people reply to others with abusive language they do so because they have clearly lost the argument,which in your case happens very often on this forum.....but I,m sure its everyone else that,s in the wrong and your the one in the right of course...:cheesy:

I would love for a meet up at some time and a chinwag,or would my persistent stupidity rule that out also  :thumbsup:

You're getting creepy again Peter.  Why do you want to meet me? i doubt a creepy chap like you really has the balls for that so best give it a rest, better to remain the creepy keyboard warrior living for past glories.  I only have issues with three, two just on ignore, you now being the third.  

2 hours ago, petermik said:

simply not true that. and a pisspoor argument usually made by dimwits incapable of swearing creatively.

Just now, StevieH said:

simply not true that. and a pisspoor argument usually made by dimwits incapable of swearing creatively.

A creepy dimwit at that.  Unfortunately i still see his posts when someone replies to him!  Must be a way round that.

20 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Spurs have moved up to 11th richest club in the WORLD but they'll still be crying on here poverty and football is unfair.

You obviously don't understand the MEANING of the OP.

Let me explain, Man Utd are the highest revenue-generating soccer club in the world,

that doesn't make them the Richest club in the world, there's a big difference between 

the two meanings.

Man utd also have a huge debt owed somewhere in the region of £500M accomplished 

by their owners the Glaziers.

Man city are by far the RICHEST club in the world due to the finances of their owners

15 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I think PSG are close to, if not richer.

Its a bit like, who's richer, the JP Morgans or the Rockerfellers!!  All that is relevant is the gap these two and the others and as has been said already the list for the richest clubs is a crock of dodo.

i don't actually have a problem with this because its the way footballs gone.  What i do have a problem is, is with people trying to distort it from what it is,  an enormously playground, made on two very different levels.

"Man city are by far the RICHEST club in the world due to the finances of their owners"

I was searching to see if that is the case. I had a look at our last financial report. I couldn't find anything to back up that statement. Point me in the right direction if it is indeed true.

^The wiki page doesn't seem to be up to date (referring to 2015 balance sheets), it also in no way answers my query and only refers to the Deloite revenue table in which City are currently 5th for the 2nd season. So people state City are the richest club in the world, but are we, and if so what's the basis (and where can I read it).

18 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^The wiki page doesn't seem to be up to date (referring to 2015 balance sheets), it also in no way answers my query and only refers to the Deloite revenue table in which City are currently 5th for the 2nd season. So people state City are the richest club in the world, but are we, and if so what's the basis (and where can I read it).

BB, it seems you are in denial of what everyone knows about your club owner to be the 

richest in world football and clearly by a country mile amongst the English football clubs.

As you can clearly see here by how much more Man City are worth in this link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs#Premier_League

^You seem to be misunderstanding me. Somebody (was it you sotsira?) made a statement "Man city are by far the RICHEST club in the WORLD due to the finances of their owners". I stated "I was searching to see if that is the case. I had a look at our last financial report. I couldn't find anything to back up that statement. Point me in the right direction if it is indeed true.". So far I have seen nothing to show me that "Man city are by far the RICHEST club in the WORLD". You have now posted a link to a Wiki "list of the current owners of English football clubs, as well as (in some cases) their estimated net worth and source of wealth..." which shows Sheikh Mansour (and the chinese) wealth in comparison with the other Premier owners but that doesn't prove "Man city are by far the RICHEST club in the WORLD". I'm not in denial, indeed I would love Man city to be "by far the RICHEST club in the WORLD" to be a fact, it's just that I haven't seen anything which confirms your statement. Over to you.

BB, this is my last post with you about this as you're obviously on a wind up.

The wiki links i showed you clearly back up what i previously stated so 

it's not my fault you have problems understanding them.

You also claim to support man city, but don't know what their net worth is in comparison 

to the rest of world football although it's common knowledge amongst the footballing world.

Are you that much in denial to make your knowledge of the team you support look 

so ignorant?

I can also see why so many posters on here don't bother engaging in to a conversation

with you.

Have a nice time talking to yourself. 

Sotsira, you made a statement that "Man city are by far the RICHEST club in the WORLD". Reread my posts and you will see that I didn't specifically request that YOU prove that statement, however you have taken it upon yourself to keep responding with links that DO NOT prove your statement and are only related to City in the Premier not WORLD.

City's Net Assets in our latest financial report (period ended 30 june 2017) shows 678,208,000. Does that make City "far the RICHEST club in the WORLD"? I don't know and I suspect you don't know or by know you would have posted a link to City's NET ASSETS compared to the other top teams Net Assets in the WORLD. Making statements as you did inevitability get challenged. I repeat I am not in denial and would love somebody to post a link which shows City really are by far the RICHEST club in the WORLD but currently nobody has.

So City's Net Assets ive stated, now over to you because apparently and according to you "net worth is in comparison to the REST OF WORLD FOOTBALL although it's common knowledge amongst the footballing world" - where's your link if it's common knowledge? Simple request.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:29 AM, sotsira said:

Here you go BB, you can check each club individually and compare with man city's 

owners  finances.

Start Here:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C._ownership_and_finances

Sorry Sotsira but I don't get what criteria you are using. Yes,  of course Sheikh Mansour is wadded but that doesn't mean Man City have access to all of his wealth. Even if he wanted to gift us a lump, with the exception of infrastructure and youth development, under FFP he can only donate a smallish (in today's money) amount

14 hours ago, sotsira said:

BB, this is my last post with you about this as you're obviously on a wind up.

The wiki links i showed you clearly back up what i previously stated so 

it's not my fault you have problems understanding them.

You also claim to support man city, but don't know what their net worth is in comparison 

to the rest of world football although it's common knowledge amongst the footballing world.

Are you that much in denial to make your knowledge of the team you support look 

so ignorant?

I can also see why so many posters on here don't bother engaging in to a conversation

with you.

Have a nice time talking to yourself. 

You're wasting your time.  

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Sorry Sotsira but I don't get what criteria you are using. Yes,  of course Sheikh Mansour is wadded but that doesn't mean Man City have access to all of his wealth. Even if he wanted to gift us a lump, with the exception of infrastructure and youth development, under FFP he can only donate a smallish (in today's money) amount

Oh come on!!!  <deleted>!!  Do you really believe what you've just posted?  Sorry MrB, not often,  if ever i've said this but you sound quite ridiculous.

The bottom line is this;  you have whatever funds you need, whenever, whatever, i know, you know and everybody knows it.  If needed your owners will find a way or make a way.  Same with PSG.  

The whole FFP regulation is a smokescreen to appease to moneyless over the monied.

I don't want to get into a debate about this and my only reason for comment is that i can't believe you of all people would try and say otherwise, not that it really matters because reality is the reality. 

Edited by carmine

So unless somebody can point in the right direction of balance sheet facts on a website that prove the point, we'll go with the common man's understanding that:
1. Man city MAY or MAY NOT be by far the RICHEST club in the world due to the finances of their owners,
2. But it is likely that Man City's owners may have the greatest individual wealth of any football club owners worldwide.

Happy with that?

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

:cheesy::cheesy:  

I tell you carms both bb and bj are both so bias and delusional when it comes  to City and the only one who is not bias and delusional and talks sense is jd.

Figs from July 2017 so doesn't include 117m net spend in Summer 2017.

In the 16 years before the Mansour takeover, Man City had spent 273.86 million Euros on transfers. In the 10 years since, they have spent 989.94 million Euros on transfers. In the last two years, Man City have spent 252.10 million Euros on defenders alone. This season, Man City have spent 178.50 million Euros on defenders. That’s more money than the entire defense budget of Bosnia-Herzegovina (140 million Euros), where they have real guns, soldiers, tanks and planes.

The chart also shows the two seasons that Man City didn’t spend huge sums of money, 2012 and 2014. In 2012 Man City was still pretending to care about Financial Fair play rules but by 2014 they simply paid a £50m fine and resumed spending. Since paying that fine, Man City have spent 490.92 million Euros, net, on transfers.

No doubt they will say that money came out of profit's :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn