Manchester United top world football money list

snoop1130

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

So Sane is out for 6 weeks, better spend 60M quid on Marhez as cover then, Cheque Book Charlie at it again.

Is he up to half a billion yet?

Why would he do that? He hasn't splashed to cover for Mendy (been out most of the season). Hasn't splashed to cover for Jesus.

Don't turn into a Spuds fan will ya Bob :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Why would he do that? He hasn't splashed to cover for Mendy (been out most of the season). Hasn't splashed to cover for Jesus.

Don't turn into a Spuds fan will ya Bob :thumbsup:

It's not like Bernard Silva is shit though is it. 

You didn't need cover for Mendy, and you didn't need Laporte either.

Cover for Jesus...wept:smile:

See City with all their financial restraints just whacked in a cheeky 60m bid for Mahrez after a world record fee for a defender!!  Maybe i'm just clouded.:sad:  

OK, i will acknowledge City have certain restraints........but heres da ting....... their disposable transfer budget is just significantly larger than the rest, bar of course United and the Chavs.  Oh yes, and guess who's 1, 2 3 in the league right now?  By chance?  :smile:

Edited by carmine

16 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

A top article BB. Hadn't seen that before but fully supports what we have been saying. Hopefully, others will read and digest.

The bit on Arsenal is bang on. IF they don't hurry up and strengthen, the rules won't enable them to and could end up a mid-table team for years to come. At least that'll cheer up the Spurs fans

Who wrote that piece of comic fantasy, your owner? Its nought more than an amusing opinion of a situation thats totally based on putting the super rich in a better light and i doubt will fool anyone bars supporters of those respected clubs.  Very informative if you're a fan of the newly super rich and the biggest loads of <deleted> ever read if not.

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, carmine said:

See City with all their financial restraints just whacked in a cheeky 60m bid for Mahrez after a world record fee for a defender!!  Maybe i'm just clouded.:sad:  

OK, i will acknowledge City have certain restraints........but heres da ting....... their disposable transfer budget is just significantly larger than the rest, bar of course United and the Chavs.  Oh yes, and guess who's 1, 2 3 in the league right now?  By chance?  :smile:

I read City put a bid in of 50m and Mahrez has put in a transfer request in to join us. Think we can all agree he's worth 50m and a bit more.

Who's this defender ("after a world record fee for a defender!!")? If you are referring to Aymeric Laporte from Athletic Bilbao that was for a CLUB record fee of £57m (The club's previous record fee was the £55m paid for Kevin de Bruyne in 2015). Think you'll find 'Liverpool signed Virgil van Dijk from Southampton after agreeing a fee of £75m for the Holland international – a world record for a defender.'

Quality post that 555! You weren't on the sauce with Bob last night were you?

Who spend's the most money on player's in the Uk ? City, who's top of the league City

Who spend the most money on player's in France ? PSG, who's top of the league PSG

Who spends the most money on players in Germany ? BM, who's top of the league BM

Who spends the most on player's in Spain ? Barc or Rm, who's top of the league Barce

Crikey it's not rocket science, the team that spend's the most money generally win's the League ! 

25 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

No no it's all a myth that City are buying all these players, cos their business plan is to bring through players from the academy and that pep is going to improve the players they have :cheesy:

DGbF-m3UIAAN6RQ.jpg

Says arguably the biggest managerial spender in history........my word recent years have seen a quite colossal change......

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, carmine said:

OK, i will acknowledge City have certain restraints........but heres da ting....... their disposable transfer budget is just significantly larger than the rest, bar of course United and the Chavs. 

That's all we've been saying Carms.

We've never denied having big money to spend but it is also linked to our turnover, which has increased significantly due to the investment in the players paying off.

7 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Who spend's the most money on player's in the Uk ? City, who's top of the league City

Who spend the most money on player's in France ? PSG, who's top of the league PSG

Who spends the most money on players in Germany ? BM, who's top of the league BM

Who spends the most on player's in Spain ? Barc or Rm, who's top of the league Barce

Crikey it's not rocket science, the team that spend's the most money generally win's the League ! 

You're wasting your time.  Its purely coincidental, theres no advantage, City and the others are doing right by everyone spending big and yada yada yada...............its far better on the Arsenal thread these days.

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

You're wasting your time.  Its purely coincidental, theres no advantage, 

Where pray tell have we ever said there is no link to  spending and winning. It's bladdy obvious there's a link and that's why we feel so lucky having an owner who invested in us enough money to get us a seat at the top table. You guys are just making stuff up now.

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Where pray tell have we ever said there is no link to  spending and winning. It's bladdy obvious there's a link and that's why we feel so lucky having an owner who invested in us enough money to get us a seat at the top table. You guys are just making stuff up now.

i think thats a conversation you need to have with Bredbury Blue who's posts i've long since stopped viewing.

Apparently theres no advantage and we all need to get over it.

Edited by carmine

the daily mail? the daily <deleted> mail as a source? jesus wept.

anyway: "After signing French defender Aymeric Laporte from Athletic Bilbao, Manchester City's 'annual defence spending' has exceeded that of 52 countries."

Jesus, tiring repeating myself on here. I've continually be saying that generally the top teams in the Premier/old Division 1who are successful earn the most and therefore spend the most. If you go back to the decade (s) of ManU recent success, for example, they were spending big, breaking transfer records; the other top teams of Liverpool, Arsenal, etc, too. So there's nothing new going on now, the top teams - ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and City - spend bigger than the other teams. What is different is that it pisses off 2 Spurs fans on here that City are involved 555 ;-)

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You Spurs lot are really scraping the barrel now. You're dragging up a quote from 8 years ago to try and slag off Pep. Unbelievable.

Lets hope there was someone handy with a tissue to wipe the tears away as he signed Laporte for 57m on his limited budget.

Dragging out a quote from 8 years ago thats factually correct is scrapping the barrel is it?  Whats quite unbelievable is him coming out with such a load of gut wrenching sanctimonious crap in the first place.  All he did was set himself up, so don't shoot the messenger.

I'd have thought ending up with a line of "theres no advantage, get over it" was more a case of scrapping the barrel.

Carmine - I've noticed that you now seem to be in the habit of quoting Alfies posts. As you know I have Alfie on ignore so I can'tread Alfies nonsense posts. I am now therefore able to read Alfies nonsense posts due to your requoting. Coincidence or is that what we're doing now? Please consider will you. Sure you don't want to read Petermilks posts, do you.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine - I've noticed that you now seem to be in the habit of quoting Alfies posts. As you know I have Alfie on ignore so I can'tread Alfies nonsense posts. I am now therefore able to read Alfies nonsense posts due to your requoting. Coincidence or is that what we're doing now? Please consider will you. Sure you don't want to read Petermilks posts, do you.

Bj, like you told me that bb has me on ignore can you inform bb that carms has him and creepy peter on ignore, not of cause if  you treat bb different to myself !

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Dragging out a quote from 8 years ago thats factually correct is scrapping the barrel is it?  Whats quite unbelievable is him coming out with such a load of gut wrenching sanctimonious crap in the first place.  All he did was set himself up, so don't shoot the messenger.

Well 8 years ago 50mil was a lot of money and I doubt ANY Manager would have foreseen the money that exchanges hands nowadays.

BTW. He still actually thinks that way. He would much rather bring youth through but the pressures of winning trophy's and the lack of good competition restrains this. He's only been with us 18 months and already made changes to how our youth develop. I posted an article on the City thread on why Pep is sending our promising youth to Girona, where they will get exposure to playing against men and in front of big crowds. This is much better than playing against other kids in empty stadiums.

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Bj, like you told me that bb has me on ignore can you inform bb that carms has him and creepy peter on ignore, not of cause if  you treat bb different to myself !

I didn't know Carms had BB on ignore. How am I supposed to know who has who on ignore? I only know BB has you on ignore cos he tells us all the time.

But for your benefit Alfie.

Bredbury, it appears that Carms has you on ignore

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I have both BB and him on ignore plus the uncouth halfwit too.

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well 8 years ago 50mil was a lot of money and I doubt ANY Manager would have foreseen the money that exchanges hands nowadays.

BTW. He still actually thinks that way. He would much rather bring youth through but the pressures of winning trophy's and the lack of good competition restrains this. He's only been with us 18 months and already made changes to how our youth develop. I posted an article on the City thread on why Pep is sending our promising youth to Girona, where they will get exposure to playing against men and in front of big crowds. This is much better than playing against other kids in empty stadiums.

i don't disagree with any of that.