Warrants issued for Thai woman, French man over alleged murder

snoop1130

Warrants issued for Thai woman, French man over alleged murder

By Sayan Chucham

The Nation

028c3ca6f4e51f213cd61229c4eac7d2.jpeg

The Phichit Court on Wednesday approved arrest warrants for a Thai woman and her French boyfriend sought in connection with the alleged murder of the woman’s Italian ex-husband in Bung Narang district.

The two are believed to be still in Thailand, and are probably lying low, provincial police chief Pol Maj-General Thawatchai Muannara said.

The court issued the arrest warrants for Thai woman Rujira Eiumlamai, 38, and her French boyfriend Rigaux Amaury, 34, for murder and destroying the body to conceal the cause of death, Thawatchai said. Police also had information that the two were hiding in Tak province, based on CCTV footage, and should arrest them soon, said Thawatchai.

Earlier on Wednesday, Thawatchai had told reporters that Bt10,000 was recently withdrawn from the deceased man’s bank account via another bank’s ATM. That combined with the fact that Amaury, who has been blacklisted from entering Thailand, cannot leave the country through immigration checkpoints without raising a red flag, has convinced police the couple were still in Thailand and lying low.

Police suspect that three other people in the area might have been involved in the alleged killing or could have assisted the couple, Thawatchai said. 

Rujira and Amaury allegedly absconded after body parts, partially burned in a bonfire of rubber tyres, were found in a wooded area near Bung Thab Chan Pond in Tambon Laemran last Friday. These were later confirmed to belong to Rujira’s ex-husband, Giuseppe de Stefani, 61. 

Thawatchai said police had interviewed 10 witnesses and obtained information that the tyres used to burn de Stefani’s body might have been from the French man’s rented house in Pho Prathab Chang district. They had also learned that a five-litre gasoline container was missing from Rujira’s house in Bung Narang.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30337069

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-1-24

22 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Amaury, who has been blacklisted from entering Thailand, cannot leave the country through immigration checkpoints without raising a red flag, has convinced police the couple were still in Thailand and lying low.

When you are on the run for murder and know you are wanted, going through an immigration checkpoint, blacklisted or not is a somewhat unlikely thing for them to do. I am pretty sure any Burmese or Cambodian can tell them exactly how to cross a border without doing so. Hundreds of them have been doing it daily for years.

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Bt10,000 was recently withdrawn from the deceased man’s bank account via another bank’s ATM.

So it was about money then? That and the age difference I suppose. Sheet, everything's about money in this country. 

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

so if you (white farang) were wanted for murder, which country that has a border with Thailand would you try to get into?

I would choose Cambodia because there is a good number of farang to blend in with. 

I am in Sisaket and the border is quite porous .  Siem Reap to S'ville  then into Vietnam.

My brother is in CR 1 km from Myanmar, crossing in illegally is easy but you would stick out like a sore thumb.  

would they get farther if they split up?  She may but frenchy wouldn t I think.

If he was already blacklisted, did he sneak back in?  most of us are creatures of habit, my guess he will exit the same route.

I've crossed into Laos by small boat at the golden triangle , but you need to be chinese to disappear up there

5 hours ago, hstew said:

Thai court should issue arrest warrants for that red bull Boss punk shit kid as well. Selective prosecution at it's finest.

oohhh. why bring him up, i thought it had finally gone quiet on here with the endless boy comments. pretty irrelevant to this story. I know the guy should be extradited and charged but i am also sure that will never happen. sure running over a copper and killing him then doing a runner when no doubt pissed deserves a long jail term but not quite as bad as premeditated murder, chopping up the dead body and setting fire to it IMO

On 24/01/2018 at 6:12 PM, NCC1701A said:

do you see how much these two look very much alike?

9 minutes ago, 007cableguy said:

Looks like they caught the farang but woman is still on the run!

How do you know it was the farang? Are you sure? I mean; to me, they look so alike <roll eyes>!

Oh yeah! The woman hasn't grown a beard.........yet! :cheesy: