Hunt on for pick-up driver who fled scene leaving five year old with a broken leg and head injuries

webfact

Hunt on for pick-up driver who fled scene leaving five year old with a broken leg and head injuries

3pm.png

Picture: Thai Rath

A social media hunt is being mounted after dash cam footage was posted online that showed a pick-up collide with a motorcycle on the Phra Nang Klao (New) bridge leading to Bang Bua Thong in Nonthaburi yesterday morning.

Father Chatramongkhon Roppheungchu, 37 was taking Chanon or "Nong Title" to his kindergarten class at 7.20 am when the accident happened.

The little boy suffered injuries to his forehead and a broken left leg. He was taken to hospital by foundation medics who were soon on the scene.

Earlier the dash cam footage had captured the father cradling his stricken son as good Samaritans rushed to help.

Doctors said an X-ray would reveal if there was brain damage, reported Thai Rath.

While the father has appealed for help in tracking down the pick-up driver who he wants to take responsibility and pay for the treatment for his son.

Sanook reported that the accident had been reported later to the police at the Bang Sri Muang station. The cops were now in possession of the dash cam footage and were studying CCTV to get a lead on the pick-up and its driver.

Source: Thai Rath, Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-25

Why do they need to study CCTV

They have it as clear as day from the Dash Cam

So why is it taking them so long to track him if he was the owner of the car (number plates usually tells where one lives, which should lead to his where abouts )

PS: I also forgot that alot of the Thais travel around like gypsies so vehicle could be registered in Nakhon Nowhere 

Gosh - yet another event where a father and child are knocked off their bike by a careless driver....

I haven't seen the footage of this event... 

(which I believe is a different accident than that posted yesterday which occurred on Prachachuern Road, Bangkok in which a Father and Son were knocked off before the pickup sped away).

Riding his bike in the cars blind spot? Not on the inner side of the lane like the other bikes, no helmets and not being aware of traffic around him. If I was the dad I'd be blaming myself just as much as the driver.

I also thinks someone needs a new dash-cam as the picture quality is terrible.

7 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Why do they need to study CCTV

They have it as clear as day from the Dash Cam

So why is it taking them so long to track him if he was the owner of the car (number plates usually tells where one lives, which should lead to his where abouts )

PS: I also forgot that alot of the Thais travel around like gypsies so vehicle could be registered in Nakhon Nowhere 

They need to make sure it is not an important person first

Many children will continue to be injured even if wearing crash helmets.  Why?  Simple, they are standing in front of the seated in the driving position instead of seated behind the driver.  However, Thais seem to believe, - "IT WON'T HAPPEN TO US."  Oh, yeah?  Prove me wrong on that point Mr. Mrs., and Miss Thailand.  It happens more times every day here than in other countries.

..mornings between 7-9 is the time we all run our kids to school...Please take a little extra time and be a little xtra cautious ...especially in the rain,sometimes as vehicle drivers,we forget how hard it is to navigate the busy roads In a scooter ,with a child in the rain..''my prayers go out to you young man''

Edited by mok199