Time to stand in line at CM immigration

Trujillo

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The key words would be LIVING THERE.

You missed out "at the  time of this application/declaration I am making now"

IMM want proof of where you are at the time of your application/declaration!

Subtle differences between an old TM30 (yesterday?) normal residence(when /where) and where are you registered as staying at on this application today.

Why do people not just stay within the law.  Get a rent agreement and a TM30 etc.

It is so easy (my way!).

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Why do people not just stay within the law.  Get a rent agreement and a TM30 etc.

It is so easy (my way!).

Coming up to one year ago, or so,, i went to my Visa  Agent, layed my cards on the table, paid my 1600 baht fine,  since then , stayed over nite  in  Cmai hotels  (outside my TM 30 residence) and so far not a dicky bird has been said (touch wood)as i have complied within the law,since aquiring my TM30            There is no need to go to a Visa Agent as i had done. just front up to the Zoo and lay your cards on the table  and take it from there,  and please  disregard   Post # 60  on this thread which is  Ludicrous and Dumb as they Come advice, as anyone can imagine, it  is so easy  for anyone to do correctly and legally

It  is a giant pain to do  a one year extension. It really is simple however if you know how to budget. Do away with 5 dinners  a year at Dukes and pay an agent!  Drink less bottles of beer or Sangsom  a week?  Pay an agent.  Don't pay for bar fines. Pay an agent. The pain and agony of standing in line for hours , told to come back later. Cost of transport. Cost of meals while hanging around like a  used  condom and all the rest of the humiliating time wasted  ? Stop pissing and moaning and budget for the worst day of the year. Otherwise get up at sparrow fart and get in line.

7 hours ago, johnmcc6 said:

It  is a giant pain to do  a one year extension. It really is simple however if you know how to budget. Do away with 5 dinners  a year at Dukes and pay an agent!  Drink less bottles of beer or Sangsom  a week?  Pay an agent.  Don't pay for bar fines. Pay an agent. The pain and agony of standing in line for hours , told to come back later. Cost of transport. Cost of meals while hanging around like a  used  condom and all the rest of the humiliating time wasted  ? Stop pissing and moaning and budget for the worst day of the year. Otherwise get up at sparrow fart and get in line.

This takes the cake for the most ridiculous post yet! Cost of transport and meals??? You mean you wouldn't eat if you didn't go to Immigration?:blink:

This year will be my 12th extension. In 11 years so far, I have never spent more than 3 hours from start to finish getting my annual extension. The last 3 years it has taken me between 75-90 minutes and I have never, ever arrived before 8:45 A.M. One year I did have to return at 17:00 to pick-up my passport which was no big deal. I go to Immigration one day a year (90-day reports are done by post for about 10 years now), and the whole process couldn't be easier. I for one, hope that things never change at C.M. Immigration. The people there are always kind, courteous, and friendly. The most painful part of the process is being approached by other farangs, many smelly and unshaven, who want to borrow a pen from me, borrow my reading glasses because they never bothered to prepare their documents in advance and didn't come prepared........or the dreaded American Republican who wants to start up a discussion about the CIA "conspiracy", Obama and the deep state and the conspiracy against the Republicans. I don't know why, but I'm always the one to have to endure the American nutters.

Edited by elektrified

43 minutes ago, elektrified said:

This takes the cake for the most ridiculous post yet! Cost of transport and meals??? You mean you wouldn't eat if you didn't go to Immigration?:blink:

This year will be my 12th extension. In 11 years so far, I have never spent more than 3 hours from start to finish getting my annual extension. The last 3 years it has taken me between 75-90 minutes and I have never, ever arrived before 8:45 A.M. One year I did have to return at 17:00 to pick-up my passport which was no big deal. I go to Immigration one day a year (90-day reports are done by post for about 10 years now), and the whole process couldn't be easier. I for one, hope that things never change at C.M. Immigration. The people there are always kind, courteous, and friendly. The most painful part of the process is being approached by other farangs, many smelly and unshaven, who want to borrow a pen from me, borrow my reading glasses because they never bothered to prepare their documents in advance and didn't come prepared........or the dreaded American Republican who wants to start up a discussion about the CIA "conspiracy", Obama and the deep state and the conspiracy against the Republicans. I don't know why, but I'm always the one to have to endure the American nutters.

Are your visits to extend for the reason of retirement?

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

This year will be my 12th extension. In 11 years so far, I have never spent more than 3 hours from start to finish getting my annual extension. The last 3 years it has taken me between 75-90 minutes and I have never, ever arrived before 8:45 A.M. One year I did have to return at 17:00 to pick-up my passport which was no big deal.

in  doing  11 extensions i presume ret extensions, you post   never have spent more then 3 hrs in total securing  each visa ,  then next breath you post,  one year  it took all day :smile:

3 hours ago, elektrified said:

2 hours ago, hml367 said:

Are your visits to extend for the reason of retirement?

Cheaper to eat at home.Sorry you have to put up with so many boring clueless republicans  while there. Another reason to get an agent.

4 hours ago, elektrified said:

smelly and unshaven, who want to borrow a pen from me, borrow my reading glasses because they never bothered to prepare their documents in advance and didn't come prepared........or the dreaded American Republican

Now there's an idea. An adjacent shop that sells deodorants, electric shavers, pens, glasses and Make America Great Again hats.

Edited by XGM