not allowed on the airport to enter by tourist visa.

3 minutes ago, flyingdoc said:

Sometimes just the number of VE entries is counted, and NOT the fact that the passport holder had returned from another country or different countries, solely to catch a flight back home from BKK.

They don't know their own rules half the time. After a lengthy talk with immigration at Mae Sai he insisted I get 2 VE entries starting from the time I arrived in Thailand from my home country. This is in clear conflict with the law that says it's 2 per calendar year.

9 minutes ago, genericptr said:

Damn, what were their reasons?

Actually officer did not let me know why he wanted to rejected me. However, i was persistent, showed marriage documents and the problem was resolved with higher rank officer.

Edited by Dmitry2222

4 minutes ago, cameraman888 said:

My understanding is they don't want you there over 6 months a year (out of the past 12 months?) on a tourism visa. It was a red flag in that your last two visas totaled somewhere around 6 months in a row from what it sounds like. Now you're trying for 9 months in a row or more  (I don't know how long you were there in total in the past 12 months).

That's maybe true but there is no rule explicitly stating such (Joe gave some history in earlier posts). I think it comes down to personal profiling like do you look poor/low class, have you not gone home in years and been floating around other SE Asian countries, are you from a country Thai's tend to not like or have high crime (Africa, India etc...). Just looking like a sex tourist is probably enough to fire up some officials (sandals, gut, poorly shaven etc...) but this is all just speculation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Actually officer did not let me know why he wanted to rejected me. However, i was persistent, showed marriage documents and the problem was resolved with higher rank officer.

Wow. Being married here and still treated like a criminal is pretty insulting. I like to think some times what it would be like immigration back home treated immigrants the way we get treated here and how they'd probably get fired for being racists.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SicTransit said:

Unless someone is working illegally in the Kingdom there is no law or rule prohibiting his stay on a tourist visa.

Sorry, but you are wrong, there is one law that prohibits his stay on a tourist visa.

That law is "I am the immigration officer and I am refusing you entry" law.

If you try to fight that law then you only make things harder for yourself and the IO will win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blubb said:

technically you can, if you bought a vehicle before the rules changed. The other possibility

he had a non imi and this was chanced another way is the mine is your and you is mine thing ... his Mia owns the car for you're talking about 'my car' based on the regular usage.... 

Technically you are wrong, legally a tourist cannot buy and register a vehicle in their own name.

Land Transport Office requirements for the transfer of registration of a vehicle plus requirements for a Thai drivers license:

• Passport
  • Non-immigrant visa
  • Work permit or your certificate/letter of residence issued by the Thai immigration or a Thai Embassy.
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, DLang said:

Get a proper visa for the real purpose of your stay.

If there are none, go to a place where the purpose of your stay meets the visa requirements. 

Although you may be correct. The reality is that many of the IO's seem to interpret the law regarding people to be allowed into Thailand or refused entry, to their own 'idea' of what the law actually says.

In this case the OP was refused entry because of lack of funds, even though apparently he said he did show the cash.

If a person is not working illegally in Thailand and has independent means, surely if he or she comes and goes frequently, then they are tourists because they don't 'live' in Thailand permanently.

However it seems it is a bit of a gray area.

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

Technically you are wrong, legally a tourist cannot buy and register a vehicle in their own name.

Land Transport Office requirements for the transfer of registration of a vehicle plus requirements for a Thai drivers license:

• Passport
  • Non-immigrant visa
  • Work permit or your certificate/letter of residence issued by the Thai immigration or a Thai Embassy.

Can you post a link to that regulation. As far as I I know here is no visa requirement to buy a car.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Can you post a link to that regulation. As far as I I know here is no visa requirement to buy a car.

I changed over from my International Drivers License to a Thai Drivers License on 15 January 2018 at Khon Kaen No1 office and I purchased a second hand pick up on the 19 January 2018 and changed the registration at Khon Kaen No2 office and both times I was asked if I had a non-imm visa and certificate of residency.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I changed over from my International Drivers License to a Thai Drivers License on 15 January 2018 at Khon Kaen No1 office and I purchased a second hand pick up on the 19 January 2018 and changed the registration at Khon Kaen No2 office and both times I was asked if I had a non-imm visa and certificate of residency.

Normal for a drivers license but not for registering a vehicle.

42 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

• Passport
  • Non-immigrant visa

Bought a motorcycle 3 months ago on a TR visa and no Thai driving license.

Letter of residence from Jomtien.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Normal for a drivers license but not for registering a vehicle.

When I bought my bike 4 years ago I had to produce my non-imm for the registration and that was at Udon Thani

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Man up, spend some money and get a retirement visa with a 'helpful' company, probably the same cost a flight.

No need to spend money on retirement visa... it's the cheapest way I know of to get 1 year in the country. I mean the Non-Immigrant O, not the O-A. 2,000 baht plus extension 3 months later if you do a conversion of your tourist visa.

But - as someone said - you need to be 50, or you can abandon this option...

• Like 1

Ubonjoe, there is a article in the Samui Times dated today about new visa regulations causing a headache for non immigration expats.

Maybe some of this could be the reason for the OP entry refusal. I was going to copy it but I was not sure if you would allow it so maybe if you look at it and see what you think about posting it

7 hours ago, markaoffy said:

Having a valid visa issued by a Thai consulate and then being rejected by Thai immigration sums up the madness

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Why is that madness?  That is how most countries work.  Just because you have a valid visa to enter a country doesn't guarantee you entry,; most countries allow the Immigration/Customs officer to make the final determination at the time of entry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Faeton said:

So do i get any chance to go to thailand with this stamp (witch sure them put to computer) if  i will show them the back ticket and the money? or only change passport is the way?

You are not blacklisted. You are correct that the information has been recorded in immigration's computer, but the reason for denial (lack of funds to support your stay) is something you should be able to demonstrate on your next entry does not apply. You should expect questioning, but ensure you have 20,000 baht cash equivalent and proof of overseas income. You should be admitted. I suggest entering by land.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You are not blacklisted. You are correct that the information has been recorded in immigration's computer, but the reason for denial (lack of funds to support your stay) is something you should be able to demonstrate on your next entry does not apply. You should expect questioning, but ensure you have 20,000 baht cash equivalent and proof of overseas income. You should be admitted. I suggest entering by land.

I would also try and show proof of address just to show you have accommodation in Thailand

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I would also try and show proof of address just to show you have accommodation in Thailand

I am not trying to be argumentative. I am genuinely interested. Unlike in entering many other countries, I have never read a report of someone denied entry to Thailand because they do not have proof of the address where they will be staying. Actually, although there is space for entering your address on the form, I think "Bangkok hotel (none booked yet)" would be acceptable. Do you know different?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I am not trying to be argumentative. I am genuinely interested. Unlike in entering many other countries, I have never read a report of someone denied entry to Thailand because they do not have proof of the address where they will be staying. Actually, although there is space for entering your address on the form, I think "Bangkok hotel (none booked yet)" would be acceptable. Do you know different?

I am waiting for Ubonjoe to get back to me about an article that I have found before I post it on here, but about the address bit, it would not hurt or be any extra weight to carry but it might just help him convince the IO.