not allowed on the airport to enter by tourist visa.

17 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Well, it looks like the Land Transport Offices are the same as the Immigration offices and they have different rules for each office. Some you must have your non-imm visa and others you don't.

You made the same claim on the motoring forum some time ago. You were proved wrong, and now you come again with the same nonsense claim.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration normally do not pay that much attention to previous entries with a visa that they can see in their database. Six visa exempt entries triggers an alert to check your history of them.

Not seeing several pages of visa stickers even helps at immigration when entering the country.

I was curious about this because sometimes I hear of people that are pretty clearly abusing the TV system in places like Laos by going 3-4 times back to back  then getting red stamps in their passports. The usual response is to just get a new passport but that seems unlikely Laos doesn't have computers.

Having said that when I was just in Phnom Pen the women didn't have a computer and just flipped through my passport. I've been in Thailand for 2 years now getting 1 TV from USA (staying home for about 2 months) and 2 TV from Cambodia/Laos and it's starting to look messy. The way I see it I'm basically in the danger zone so I wondered if having a clean passport could make them less suspicious.

20 hours ago, KiChakayan said:
On 1/26/2018 at 12:02 PM, Just Weird said:

Those people are not tourists, they are trying to stay for extended periods on tourist visas.

Yes and there is a visa for people like these; it is called "Thailand Elite"..

There is no way to "stay for extended periods" on a tourist-visa, unless you overstay - and there are separate penalties / banning for that.

Some would say "for suckers" on the other option - but I guess if you can burn that much money - why not buy-off the IOs' bosses, so they leave you alone?

21 hours ago, Faeton said:

So stay KL  a night or couple of nights  - anyway  it is weekend)  :smile: go buy some warm clothes))) Flight to my country, make a new express passport in 5 days, and just flight back. 

No point in a new passport.  If you just take a train to the border and show 20K Baht worth of cash (if asked), you will come in without issue.  Don't expect the airport IOs to tell you the truth, though. 

I've been told similar lies ("you must fly back with your next Tourist Visa") when exiting at Poipet (the only land-border run by IOs who violate Thai immigration laws); I came back in Ban Laem a few days later -  no problem.  They only wish I was gullible enough to put myself into the airport-immigration meatgrinder - not a chance.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Benroon said:

Which is exactly what can happen in the UK or any other country so no need to predictably single out Thailand! ...

18 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

If you check you will fond that if there is an issue you can be refused even if you have a valid visa. 

Thailand has strict limits on IO's rejection-options - not to be confused with the utter (expletive) arbitrary treatment to which entrants to the UK, Australia, or the USA may be subjected.  Denials in Thailand can only be made for specific reasons, which are then stamped into the rejected-entrant's passport.  

If the OP showed 20K, and was denied for "not having the money," then this was dishonest, and it was the IO(s) who broke the law.   If he, in fact, did not have the currency-equivalent of 20K Baht, then they got him on a technicality, and did not break the law..

15 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

One of the Televsion shows I found entertaining was that show about the Australian border police and the airport.  Many people had the pre approved online electronic visa in advance, then bought tickets and flew to Australia.  Then for various reasons sometimes the border folks there don't let them in. 

I saw that show and ruled out ever visiting Australia.  Reminded me of the primary reason why I left the USA - total USSR-style police-state - Yuk!!!   Who wants to take a "vacation" through a time-machine to East-Germany?

14 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

LOL. I remember using that border years ago, (one Thai? guy) coming with a huge pack of differently-coloured passports, each filled with banknotes for smoother procedure, no other travellers in sight...

Yes - compare to Bangkok's Chang Wattana, which has the corrupt "agent" system - but at least if you follow the law, you can get service.  At some checkpoints and immigration-offices, doing things legally does not reliably yield a successful outcome.

21 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

There is no way to "stay for extended periods" on a tourist-visa, unless you overstay - and there are separate penalties / banning for that.

Well, there is an answer for that problem...don't plan on trying to live here if you can't do it legally.  Simple. 

The rules were there long before any of these people who contribute to the stricter enforcement of visa regulations got here, so fit in, if you can't, don't abuse the system and then whinge about it.

13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Well, there is an answer for that problem...don't plan on trying to live here if you can't do it legally.  Simple. 

Understand that people spending extended periods of time in Thailand under Tourist Visas and are not in breach of their visa conditions are doing so legally.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

The rules were there long before any of these people who contribute to the stricter enforcement of visa regulations got here, so fit in, if you can't, don't abuse the system and then whinge about it.

Unless the OP was overstaying, no abuse was done.

No sense confusing "crackdowns" to increase fines and corruption-payoffs - such as the TM-30 fiasco, ED-extension payoff-systems, agent-help to get visas, etc - as if those have anything to do with people following the law by:

• Leaving before their permitted stay ends
  • Returning with a new valid visa
  • Not breaking the rules - criminal activity, working, or other prohibited activity per the type of entry they have.

4 hours ago, wazzupnow said:

maybe your country but  my country checks expiry date , no police rapport no passport

if expiring is in less than a year i get it

longer i do not get it without police rapport

My country doesn't care - but if yours does, what happens if you accidentally leave it in your trousers and run it through the wash?  Shame if that were to happen. 

The one thing they really don't like is "lost" passports  - which could be in the hands of criminals.  I'd avoid that, if possible.

11 minutes ago, lkv said:

Understand that people spending extended periods of time in Thailand under Tourist Visas and are not in breach of their visa conditions are doing so legally.

Legally, yes.

I though doubt it was the intention of the lawmaker to have people living here on tourist visa. So this slowly slowly becoming more difficult really comes as no surprise. Nor should it come as a surprise to anyone who is more or less up to date on Thai visa issues.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Unless the OP was overstaying, no abuse was done.

Unless he was using the visa as a way to live here, which he was.  Tourist visas are not intended to be a way for people to live here.

From the OP..."Or try to make papers for ED visa and then make ED visa and go to Thailand?'

This is about a person who, because of the difficulty he was in, was going to try "to make papers" for an education visa as a way of getting round not being allowed in.  He's happy to abuse the system that way so it wouldn't be a surprise if he had done it another way previously.

Edited by Just Weird

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

If the OP showed 20K, and was denied for "not having the money," then this was dishonest, and it was the IO(s) who broke the law.   If he, in fact, did not have the currency-equivalent of 20K Baht, then they got him on a technicality, and did not break the law..

Jack… I believe you are confusing the OP’s refusal of entry on the grounds of not having 20K BHT and that of not having means to support his stay.  These are two very separate issues.

The 20K BHT rule is covered under Section 12(9) of the Immigration Act – "Having no money or bond as prescribed by the Minister upon him".  Had the OP not had the required 20K BHT on him, the IO would have refused entry under Section 12(9).  However, the OP has stated (several times) that he had 20K BHT and showed this to the IO.

The OP was refused entry on the grounds of Section 12(2) of the Immigration Act (as shown in his post #28). – "Having no appropriate means of living following entrance to the Kingdom".

I suspect that the OP did not give the senior IO in the ‘back office’ satisfactory answers/evidence as to how he funded his previous/proposed stay(s) leading the IO to suspect that the OP may have been working to fund his stay(s).  The IO only needs reasonable grounds to suspect that the OP was working in order fund his stay(s) to refuse entry on the grounds of 12(2).

Edited by 007 RED
Typo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, 007 RED said:

OP…. You have indicated that you may return to your home country in order to get a new passport, possibly in the hope that it will wipe your slate clean in Thailand.

Don’t bother, as the only advantage is that:-

a) Countries other that Thailand will not be able to see that you were refused entry and,

B) When applying for a new Thai visa the embassy/consulate will not see you’re your previous visa’s/entry stamps/refusal stamp - embassies/consulates do not have access to the immigration system.

A new passport will not erase your history on the Thai immigration database.

The moment you hand your new passport to the IO at your point of entry, and IO places the photo page onto a scanner on his/her desk, the scanner will read the information at the bottom of the photo page between the <<<< >>>>. 

The immigration system will detect that the passport number is not known to the system and then do a search of the immigration database against your country code + gender + data of birth + first name and surname.  Within a fraction of a second the system will link your new and old passports and display the photo that was taken the last time you entered Thailand on the old passport on the IO’s screen.  The IO will then confirm that the old photo is you, and that immigration system will then display your previous history on the IO’s screen.

You should also remember that getting a new visa does not guarantee entry to the country.  The decision to allow you to enter Thailand is at the discretion of the IO.

its all on computer now adays. U HAVE BEEN HAD. they know about you and your name is on thier computer forever. move to vietnam

this is ridiculous. having him go home to get new passport and come back. didnt u know the thai immigration monitors this site???????  they probably know who the dude is as they can access who is here by name.  GAME IS OVEr..............i work hard to follow the rules here and i have never had an issue. 

15 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

GAME IS OVEr..............i work hard to follow the rules here and i have never had an issue. 

Most people here try hard to follow the rules as well, following visa requirements to the letter. I'm sure they have gotten the message after you repeated it five times in all caps.

Your not a tourist, you reside here. That tourist visa is for tourist not for long stayers who own cars. Immigration did the right think to cancel ur visa. Get the right visa, be respectful to Thailand and abide by their rules instead of trying to circumvent them, blame them for doing their job and ask others to help you find a ways around the system they have in place!

Man this is scary to read. I'm going to be doing my visa run tomorrow by air  and back in 5 days by air. Came in on a visa exempt, in November. I was here Jan- early July on two tourist visas from Laos went home to the states till Dec when i came back on the exempt. Before that I've been here max 6 months a year the past 4 years. 

Reading stuff like this gets me nervous. I'm not working here at all. I've got my own money from other ventures in the states. I just love the country and spend some time and quite a bit of money here every year. I'm mid 30s American and hope they dont profile me as a English teacher working here and dont let me in like they did OP. 

Anyways my heart goes out to you OP. Keep us updated and I hope everything works out for you. 

Edited by lovesthespicy

24 minutes ago, wjcdavies said:

Your not a tourist, you reside here. That tourist visa is for tourist not for long stayers who own cars. Immigration did the right think to cancel ur visa. Get the right visa, be respectful to Thailand and abide by their rules instead of trying to circumvent them

Can you please clarify or reference which written rules exactly has the OP tried to circumvent?

Also the immigration did not cancel his visa.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

Man this is scary to read. I'm going to be doing my visa run tomorrow by air  and back in 5 days by air. Came in on a visa exempt, in November. I was here Jan- early July on two tourist visas from Laos went home to the states till Dec when i came back on the exempt. Before that I've been here max 6 months a year the past 4 years. 

Reading stuff like this gets me nervous. I'm not working here at all. I've got my own money from other ventures in the states. I just love the country and spend some time and quite a bit of money here every year. I'm mid 30s American and hope they dont profile me as a English teacher working here and dont let me in like they did OP. 

Anyways my heart goes out to you OP. Keep us updated and I hope everything works out for you. 

Bring proof of your income sources from outside.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, Faeton said:

I've got consultation with one of the thais who have someone works imigration at Suvarnabhumi airport. And  stamp says in my passport  that "Person not have money to stay in Kingdom of Thailand". And now that information in all database in any border.  (Them simply check at Suvarnabhumi).  I say that i show them money more than 20.000 thb. 

"They know you have money. But they think you work in Thailand but not have evidence . So can write only dint have money ka"

And after that  in any border will be 95% impossible. Or  100% possible after 6 month of last visit. 
The way to get back is just make clear passport and enter without any problems.

That was a second visa from KL. In my passport was 2 from Vietnam and then 2 from KL. 

So stay KL  a night or couple of nights  - anyway  it is weekend)  :smile: go buy some warm clothes))) Flight to my country, make a new express passport in 5 days, and just flight back. 

For information how them do in Don Mueng  if someone interesting:

Them stop you at immigration.

check that you have many stamps or visas before.

Then send you to special room with middle officers.

Them print all list of borders when you go in-out.

check and mark dates.

calculate that it is more then 180 days.

Say that you cant go in to thailand before next 6 month.

ask you about your job

ask you to show money.

Then say that :) "Them not belive you" 

and send you to main officers.)

Them make a lot of copies of passport etc.

Then (i was very unlucky because my flight to bangkok arrive at 11 pm)  tell you to buy a ticket to the last country you come from. For me it was Malaysia KL.

After that put you to special room for you can wait your flight (its just room with many beds). Charge you for that 600 thb. :)

(so cant smoke cigarets, go in out etc). 
In my situation at the morning some security staff come to take you to your flight. 

Put you to the airplane and when you arrive to your country  flight attendants give your passport back.:smile:

I have a lot of compassion for your situation.  I have been here for the last 3 years on Single Entry visas and the occasional exempt entry.  I'm in the Philippines now, been here 13 days and have a ticket to BKK on the 30th.  I can say, that if I went through the same routine/treatment as you I'm not sure I would want to come back to Thailand again.

3 hours ago, yogavnture said:

this is ridiculous. having him go home to get new passport and come back. didnt u know the thai immigration monitors this site???????  they probably know who the dude is as they can access who is here by name.  GAME IS OVEr..............i work hard to follow the rules here and i have never had an issue. 

Look at the name of the forum to understand its purpose. Do you want to say that here inappropriate place to discuss any solutions for the OP issue? Looks like OP has money and a lot of free time, so "Game is  over" it is really ridiculous. 

10 hours ago, wazzupnow said:

if your passport is poluted by to many tourist visa stamps

loose it!!!!

get a new 1 from your embassy this is a lot cheaper than all this thai emigration bullshit

no thai ever checks anything only stamps

The Immigration officer has a computer display that shows things like total number of entries, days in country etc

Getting a new passport does not help.   

Getting an immigration officer who is in a good mood probably helps.  I always look for the women as they appreciate a friendly smile and are less grumpy (in my experience).

4 minutes ago, seancbk said:

The Immigration officer has a computer display that shows things like total number of entries, days in country etc

Getting a new passport does not help.   

Getting an immigration officer who is in a good mood probably helps.  I always look for the women as they appreciate a friendly smile and are less grumpy (in my experience).

Can you pick and choose?

Edited by bttao

3 hours ago, lovesthespicy said:

Will showing them the balance in my blockchain wallet work? My paypal? My bank account? Thats the proof I've got.

In your situation probably not by itself, but if you have evidence that during your previous years of almost back-to-back entries for the purpose of tourism you transferred money into your Thai bank account to cover your expenses, showing your balance of bank accounts outside Thailand should add credence to your affirmation that you have not been working in Thailand and have no need to. 

Also helpful would be a blog with your posts about your past touristic exploits in Thailand, as this should help dispel suspicions that you might not be a genuine tourist.

8 hours ago, bttao said:

Can you pick and choose?

new passport have a new number and its not at the system. And there is no marks about last number of passport. Thailand airport dont do finger scan. So new passport it is new life. I dont know number at  new passport change or not in another countries, but for mine is like that. Also in mine you can have 2 active passport for travel. (i have 2 passport, but one of them do not have any space. My country do it, because if you have once visa to Iran or simular countries you will never get visa to U.S after that or if you want to have a visa for some country you need keep your passport and wait, so you can use another one for travel in that dates ). And both passport have different no., and nothing says between them.

I would gladly get a new passport for a new one instead of a full one. But only it can be received within 2-3 months in any country except mine.

Anyway now it is weekend, so i just take a flight  to Vietnam from KL.
And on monday i will get an answer about making non-b visa for my  old passport with that stamp. If i get confirmation... that it will be ok for immigration.

Do it because its more easy way for me and i will spend less time and nerves then i go to my country.

Guys dont worries to much about this situation, i think really choose ladies or more friendly looking staff at airport immigration. And it should to be ok. Air Asia staff with who i fly back to KL tell me that in Don Mueng airport them are more stronger then in Suvarnabhumi at the moment ( but maybe them just talk). If you real tourist it should be no problem. But if you would like to stay long time, better to do ED visa without going to school. If you will not go out for travelling from Thailand  will be no questions. 

There was a comment that I take work from the Thais.
I do not think so. The staff works for me. I officially pay them salaries, insurance and taxes.
I just do not work myself. 
That's why I did not do business visa before. And also i live at Ko Chang and there have a very big problems with good lawers. 
But apparently the sweet times of Thailand are finally over and I now have no other choice - just make a business visa and work officially.

about the confirmation of income from another country.
really they do not care.
built on I "believe you" or "do not believe".
More than 180 days on a tourist visa is bad.
and I do not think that they will delve into statements from foreign bank accounts
I had both dollars and euros and Thai bats worth more than 50,000 in cash. But they looked and said they did not want to look at it.

They did not cancel my visa. They simply deceived their own system so as not to let me in. With the verdict, there is no money to come to the kingdom.
For the main reason - "I do not believe".

I have a small business in Thailand.
And my absence had no effect on business.
It's just stupid because  now I'm spending money in another country that I could spend in Thailand.

but once again I remind you I had 4 tourist visas in a row in this passport.
Who really is a tourist should not be affected in any way.
Or maybe I just was not lucky with an officer who looked at my passport.

I will make an update on Monday.
Based on the results of a possible plan.
And I'll keep you posted.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2018 at 6:05 PM, SicTransit said:

Maybe because the OP is either at the detention room or on an international flight?

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, there's a russian coat of arms on his passport so the country is RUSSIA.

Yes, my country is Russia.
and this amazing Thailand violates its own legislation.
since there is a rule between our countries for unlimited visits / departures. Without any visas.
Just a stamp and without limits and quantity.