Video: Minivan driver with a baseball bat threatens motorcyclist after collision leaves wife on the tarmac

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Actually Taxis are just as dangerous. You should use a bus which is quite safer and also much cheaper.

Thai vehicles are dangerous on the inside and outside take your pick !!!!

19 hours ago, Thian said:

When will those minivandrivers finally get forced to behave properly? They act like all the roads belong to them and don't give a duck about anybody else.

Similar to the songtaew drivers, the taxi drivers, the bus drivers the truck drivers, the.... oh hell... all of them!

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Similar to the songtaew drivers, the taxi drivers, the bus drivers the truck drivers, the.... oh hell... all of them!

Yup i agree, they are all  making BKK traffic into a hell but the minivans are the worst.

Had an 'incident' just yesterday, when a motorcycle tried to pass me when I was driving down a very narrow soi.

There was absolutely no room for him to pass me, & beeped his horn profusely. When I put down my window to see what the fuss was about, his uncontrollable rage shocked me.

I didn't want to back down, & the event nearly escalated, but for my wife telling me to calm down.

I'm certainly not a confrontational person, indeed very relaxed, but his venomous attitude really alarmed me, over a very minor issue.

oh, i remember the heady days of the early 2000s when thais would say to me; thai love thai, thai never hurt thai... of course when i disagreed i was wrong because farang not understand thailand... of course every country has it's problems but sad sad to see so many normal citizens at each others throats over such trifling matters

Amazon sells Fish Bats... looks a bit like a truncheon but has a more solid feel. Amazing for knocking the stuffing out of fish!
Mine puctured here works wonders on marauding dogs going for me on my bike. As LOS likes fishing seems to me having one in you vehicle along with a few hooks and line is a solution to aggression from outside. This one weighs about 750grams has a wrist loop and moulded handle so if the "fish" is a little cantankerous you have control. A gentle tap is all thats needed. About 18 inches long. 20180107_022237.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, marquis22 said:

Agree, I've been in a taxi doing 100 kph along the Lat Phrao road without seat belts in the back seat.

You do not have to stay in, or even get in, a taxi that does not have belts, the choice to remain in the taxi was yours.

2 hours ago, connda said:

Maybe it's time to start pulling over all cars and trucks and issue 400 THB fines for carrying machetes, basebase bats, rebar, etc..  Like no helmets, it would be a great money maker. 

Shhh!

On 26/01/2018 at 10:31 AM, 300sd said:

Disgusting creature needs to have it used alright, on him and his boss if he has one.

The "scourge of Thailand" proves their self worth again, by not arresting him!

The blue shirt guy should have kneed him in The balls while he was too close to swing the bat and holding his neck with the other hand....

On 26/01/2018 at 2:16 PM, thailand49 said:

Police!

1.  A vehicle is a weapon just like the Bat

2. Wait for them to file a report?  That is what is wrong here?

What is the actual job description of the police here aside

from sitting in the A/C boxes waiting for their tea money!

Amazing Thailand,  things are just so backwards here?

Have to wait for a complaint before doing anything otherwise no one to pay tea money.  What an absolutely useless mob of bosses they have that don't supervise or check that they actually do their duty.  They should run regular checks on these idiot van drivers to stop the carrying of weapons.  I often read about “saving face” but it seems to me that the majority of those in charge of law and order are lazy corrupt barstewards from the top down and have very little face left to save.