Aussie dollar Thai baht

1 hour ago, shaurene said:

The baht is controled by the central bank. The government do not want to show weakness in the baht. I am NZ and we are strong against the US$ but 23 baht to our $.  And the banks are pushing to make more money on the rates exchanges in general. The banks are controling it all around the world.

don't forget the aliens, especially species 8746 from the Delta quadrant. they collaborate with the Ferengis and control most central banks. :unsure:

8 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:
16 hours ago, Coconut007 said:

When powerful Khun needs to move money overseas the baht gets stronger

Exactly.

When looking at various economic indicators, the Baht is way overvalued (and comparing these indicators to those of other Asian and major countries); so, yes, when some powerful people wish to move money overseas, the relevant institution is encouraged to strengthen the Baht.

rabugento1.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Franko666 said:

Yes the USD is lower against the AUD but the AUD continues to be relatively weak against the Thai Baht. Bottom line, Trump wants a lower USD and the Thai Government of the minute wants a higher Thai Baht.

33 Thai Baht to the AUD is extremely high and is unlikely to be repeated for a long long time, unless minerals take off again. I've experience the hight teens, the low to mid twenties and low thirties and I reckon the Thai Baht to the AUD is about in the middle atm.

The fact is Thailand is not such a cheap place to live any more if you want to stay relatively Western, that the problem for expats and holiday makers alike. However if you go bush it is cheaper however at risk of going tropo.

You are incorrect. Trump wants a stronger dollar:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-davos-meeting-trump-dollar/trump-says-he-wants-strong-dollar-cnbc-interview-idUSKBN1FE2TK

The U.S Fed reserve is currently shrinking its balance sheet and rates will rise there this yr. This is going to result in a stronger U.S dollar for sure. I think the AUD/Thai will be better then as well for all of us

5 hours ago, idman said:

Hang in there for a short bit more.  The U.S. Treasury Department have issued a stern warning to the Bank of Thailand.  STOP MANIPULATING THE BAHT or you are joining China and India as the only three countries in the entire world who are manulipulating their currency.  The loss of face will be masive and the baht will nosedive to where it should be.  The Fed raised interest rates making investing in the U.S. more attactive,  Trump in Davos yesterday pledged to make the U.S. dollar a lot stronger and should these ja..ckoffs at the Bank of Thailand continue to ignore the warning the chickens are about to come home to roost.  I welcome this disaster for the Thai economy and fully intend to take advantage of the strong dollar.

but will the stronger USD result in a better exchange rate for AUD/THB ? I hope so but unsure.

5 hours ago, idman said:

Hang in there for a short bit more.  The U.S. Treasury Department have issued a stern warning to the Bank of Thailand.  STOP MANIPULATING THE BAHT or you are joining China and India as the only three countries in the entire world who are manulipulating their currency.  The loss of face will be masive and the baht will nosedive to where it should be.  The Fed raised interest rates making investing in the U.S. more attactive,  Trump in Davos yesterday pledged to make the U.S. dollar a lot stronger and should these ja..ckoffs at the Bank of Thailand continue to ignore the warning the chickens are about to come home to roost.  I welcome this disaster for the Thai economy and fully intend to take advantage of the strong dollar.

So they are hammering China for keeping their currency LOW,to support exports, and Thailand for keeping their currency HIGH - for what reason? Because it discourages Thai girls working as prostitutes overseas?

7 hours ago, Naam said:

i hear these wishful thinking and wet dreams comments about the nose-diving Baht since more than a decade. yawn... :coffee1:

Yep, I remember a similar lot with similar wishful thinking back in the mid nineties....?

Edited by goldenbrwn1

9 hours ago, davidst01 said:

You are incorrect. Trump wants a stronger dollar:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-davos-meeting-trump-dollar/trump-says-he-wants-strong-dollar-cnbc-interview-idUSKBN1FE2TK

The U.S Fed reserve is currently shrinking its balance sheet and rates will rise there this yr. This is going to result in a stronger U.S dollar for sure. I think the AUD/Thai will be better then as well for all of us

I posted in the beginning that this aint the place to come for advice.  Most just dont check the facts before posting.

38 minutes ago, keithpa said:

I posted in the beginning that this aint the place to come for advice.  Most just dont check the facts before posting.

If people want to come here for advice thats their choice. We can do whatever we want on this forum. Does that sound ok to you?

On 28/01/2018 at 9:24 AM, keithpa said:

Heres the thing, see that guys in the corner keeping quiet about currency movements, well he's a multi millionaire and doesn't have time for ThaiVisa because he is too busy making money. Everyone here is an amateur speculator concerned about their personal currency fluctuations - right. We all have a valid opinion in this topic and of course most people will probably be incorrect, except for that quiet guy in the corner.....................

• 7 months later...
On 1/27/2018 at 9:47 AM, Peterw42 said:

The value of any currency is basically supply and demand. More Australians want to buy Thai baht than Thais want to buy Australian dollars, more demand and the baht price goes up.

Australia has a demand for Baht, to come here on holiday, to buy cars, hardrives, air conditioners, cheap seafood at woolies etc, thats the demand that pushes the baht price up.

Besides a couple of well off thais and some gold imports, Thailand doesnt have much demand for Australian currency. Low demand and the Australian dollar price goes down.

very well explained that is the Aussie problem 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, johnarth said:

very well explained that is the Aussie problem 

Well that was a load of twaddle Johnarth, so you are telling this forum when the AUD was at 32 THB there were loads of Thais lining up to buying AUD ? Really!!!!  The AUD is down against most currencies because of economic reasons, terms of trade etc and the THB is up because, well it can and its propped up. By the way I buy nothing in Thailand (except beer and food), not even a teeshirt, everything is cheaper in Aus even at 25 THB.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Franko666 said:

Well that was a load of twaddle Johnarth, so you are telling this forum when the AUD was at 32 THB there were loads of Thais lining up to buying AUD ? Really!!!!  The AUD is down against most currencies because of economic reasons, terms of trade etc and the THB is up because, well it can and its propped up. By the way I buy nothing in Thailand (except beer and food), not even a teeshirt, everything is cheaper in Aus even at 25 THB.

:clap2:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/5/2018 at 3:42 PM, Franko666 said:

And getting cheaper by the day. K mart is killing it. Cheap as...

16 minutes ago, Naam said:

https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en/exchange

aud_icon.pngAUD
Australia
100 - 5

yes I check every day on the net and it tells me 22.6 but not at the exchange

in Australia I realize I get a better deal in Thailand but I do need some

cash when I arrive in Thailand for transport and hotel since I don't have a

credit card anymore so I will just change the amount to pay for transport

and hotel and the rest in Thailand

6 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

You can change at the airport when you get through immigration. You wont need thai baht before then. 

edit: thai airport

Edited by dreaming
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

You know you can change money at the airport in Thailand? They do take cash.

On 1/27/2018 at 10:47 AM, Peterw42 said:

Australia has a demand for Baht, to come here on holiday, to buy cars, hardrives, air conditioners, cheap seafood at woolies etc, thats the demand that pushes the baht price up.

Besides a couple of well off thais and some gold imports, Thailand doesnt have much demand for Australian currency.

And where do you think Thailand gets all the raw materials to build these cars, hard drives, airconditioners, or even the seafood from OZ that’s packaged in Thailand.. Out of their ass?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You know you can change money at the airport in Thailand? They do take cash.

Yes I do know that I done many times but at the airport the

exchange rate is less then anywhere else in Town I am going

to Pattaya south, Jomtien

Edited by White Christmas13
typo

2 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Yes I do know that I done many times but at the airport the

exchange rate is less then anywhere else in Town I am going

to Pattaya south, Jomtien

Believe me, it will be a lot better than the exchange rate you'll get in Australia. From past experience the exchange at the airport was only a little difference from Pattaya. If you were only changing a hundred bucks or so the difference would be minute.