30 yrs rental contract, ex-wife mortgaged the house to get money !

1 hour ago, Donotdisturb said:

555. Classic TIT. i *rent* houses in southern thailand since 1997 and have spent *less* sofar than buying after 21 years. My rent is 4500thb now for 2 bedroom 2 ac house in quite moobaan near sea. No thai wive involved either. I rent the girls too, sortof ?

sorry to hear your plight.  Just because your too scared to commit to anyone can be a difficult to overcome and you probably realise you'll never really have anyone when your old ... unless it's one of your rented girls.

Nothing wrong with buying and committing, it's a good feeling to know you have family you can trust every day.

good luck.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry to hear your plight.  Just because your too scared to commit to anyone can be a difficult to overcome and you probably realise you'll never really have anyone when your old ... unless it's one of your rented girls.
Nothing wrong with buying and committing, it's a good feeling to know you have family you can trust every day.
good luck.
I don't know anyone who would buy a house in his wife's name in the West yet they fall over themselves to do it here.
The downside is as you say being o
old and no wife . But still having that 10 million baht in your bank account buys you a lot of young love.. No strings [emoji3]

20 minutes ago, Donotdisturb said:

Also here i dont agree. Your intentions are noble but i have much more financial return investing my spare money in something else than a thai house. Ok i have no "missus" and if i were to ever have a missus here i'd get me one with 2 houses already. Most of my thai friends have several properties. The other day we went checking large townhouse, old but ok, for only 800.000 thb. The people who sell it bought it for 450.000 20 years ago. I cant see that as great "return" taking into account how much the banks take here!

You have no "missus".......you acknowledge the need to have "financial return" on the paltry sum required to build/buy a Thai house

Don't get married, appears currently you cannot afford it, don't worry many 'renters' out there in the same boat.....good luck with your investments

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

You have no "missus".......you acknowledge the need to have "financial return" on the paltry sum required to build/buy a Thai house

Don't get married, appears currently you cannot afford it, don't worry many 'renters' out there in the same boat.....good luck with your investments

Cum again?

Millions of Thai couples get married and "can't afford it".

So, what type of woman in Thailand do Farangs marry that requie affordability?

Is there an official Thai wife affordability calculator that I could use...similar to ones that banks use when you buy a house?

5 minutes ago, toughlove said:

I don't know anyone who would buy a house in his wife's name in the West yet they fall over themselves to do it here.
old and no wife . But still having that 10 million baht in your bank account buys you a lot of young love.. No strings emoji3.png

Love it.....you are destined to become one of the 'desperate' lonely old men with a young lady in tow, deemed so cringe worthy, by many on his forum - enjoy!

11 minutes ago, toughlove said:

old and no wife . But still having that 10 million baht in your bank account buys you a lot of young love.. No strings emoji3.png

Everyone buys a house in their wife's name in the west ......... you just don't know it until the divorce.

10 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Normally a husband and wife would have the house in joint names (in the west) but even a defacto partner will be entitled to a share of a house that's in your name only after a period of time.

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Everyone buys a house in their wife's name in the west ......... you just don't know it until the divorce.

But at least you get your 50% and unlike here with the guys who marry prostitutes a western wife will contribute towards the house or at the very least not have a bunch of family with sick buffalos.

13 minutes ago, toughlove said:

whats the point in having 10m in the bank and no one to enjoy it with you ,  unless it's a rented and then your 10m becomes 1m in 2 months. Why worry about having the 10m still when your 60-70-80  yrs old ??

2 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

10mil is nothing.

The op is getting cleaned of that amount as we speak...

Ergo a 1mill Issan house is back pocket money.....to most people..... excepting the 'renters' who would no doubt break it down into the daily 'hire' rate and declare it a tidy sum :smile:

19 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Cum again?

Millions of Thai couples get married and "can't afford it".

So, what type of woman in Thailand do Farangs marry that requie affordability?

Is there an official Thai wife affordability calculator that I could use...similar to ones that banks use when you buy a house?

I expect "an official Thai wife affordability calculator" omits the usufruct cost and thus you may lose the ability to reside the same property for the next 30 years!!

Use your imagination, I'm sure you can find a solution to whatever it is you seek 

29 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

But at least you get your 50% and unlike here with the guys who marry prostitutes a western wife will contribute towards the house or at the very least not have a bunch of family with sick buffalos.

I understand the possibility of a rather high credit and store card debt is a possibility in the west

Just hearsay of course :smile:

53 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Just not true, most western wives PRETEND to contribute at the start, but it's never 50%, then they usually earn less and duck out of working on some pretext or other. Then they get 100% of the house in the divorce. OK, I know a couple of guys who only lost 50% of the house (due to an infertile wife), but they lost 50% of their pension as well.

I'm happier with paying a Thai woman to be my wife, it's way cheaper ..... and she actually has sex with me (unlike my former English wife).

But you aren't from the west so how would you know (is Eastern Europe in the west, I always though Soviet block)? and you were never married.

2 hours ago, Donotdisturb said:

Your setup is risky too. The only convenient way imo is to rent dirt cheap and let loose of ego (ie. own). Why buy in Thailand? I see zero advantages. Houses increase little in value and most city-thais prefer new house over second hand house. My pal bought townhouse 9 years ago for 950.000. Tries to sell it now for 1.200.000. Its on the market for 8 months. Not sold yet.

i dont think it is risky ive owned many houses in company names here for 18 years. your right to a point about resale but if you choose to live in a prestige piece of real estate resale dose not seem to be a problem and where i live many house have been turned around for a profit all be it not a large one.

whats the point in having 10m in the bank and no one to enjoy it with you ,  unless it's a rented and then your 10m becomes 1m in 2 months. Why worry about having the 10m still when your 60-70-80  yrs old ??
Not sure what your saying. How does 10 mill become 1 in two months?

What good is it if your 60 or 70? It's a hell of lot better than donating it to your ex GF /wife

14 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Just not true, most western wives PRETEND to contribute at the start, but it's never 50%, then they usually earn less and duck out of working on some pretext or other. Then they get 100% of the house in the divorce. OK, I know a couple of guys who only lost 50% of the house (due to an infertile wife), but they lost 50% of their pension as well.

I'm happier with paying a Thai woman to be my wife, it's way cheaper ..... and she actually has sex with me (unlike my former English wife).

But you aren't from the west so how would you know (is Eastern Europe in the west, I always though Soviet block)? and you were never married.

I was married, Joe. I was married to an Australian in Canada. However, both of us were very young with minimal assets, so admittedly I didn't experience any catastrophic losses during the divorce. As a matter of fact I remember some of her pension (maybe fifty bucks) was granted to me by default. Winning, heh

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

good luck.

Dont jump to conclusion with your pseudo-psychological "wisdom" dear sir. Who said i am not committed? I said i dont have *thai* wive. ?? and am happily together for nearly 15 years with a great woman, rich, reliable, educated, critical ánd childless. In other words: bliss!

Her actions and the bank do not affect your lease. Any loan is subject to all valid leases. Relax if you have a valid lease any loan she takes out will not affect you. Even if the bank foreclosures on her and ends up owning the house they still have to comply with valid leases like yours. To you it is not an issue as long as your lease was properly drafted and filed. 

Its not your house, its her house, she can do with it as she pleases,,,,,,,,,if you have a Usfruct, she can't kick you out, but she can sell it, mortgage it, even will it to her children.   Its her house.

On 1/26/2018 at 3:06 PM, JohnnyBKK said:

So the 30 yr lease is useless ? seriously ? she can just sell the house to whoever she wants ?

Yes yes  and yes.  Thai girls make a living out of doing just this.  Hope you have a Usfruct.

34 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Her actions and the bank do not affect your lease. Any loan is subject to all valid leases. Relax if you have a valid lease any loan she takes out will not affect you. Even if the bank foreclosures on her and ends up owning the house they still have to comply with valid leases like yours. To you it is not an issue as long as your lease was properly drafted and filed. 

As stated, abandonment could be at play here, since he did move out years ago.  Also didn't seem to have it in a prepaid format like my attorney and others did.  I still wouldn't touch that circumventing stuff again, with a bargepole.  My second purchase I bought a nice concrete shoebox next to 20000 good lookers at CMU.  I sleep a lot better...the deed is all mine.

On 1/26/2018 at 6:35 PM, JohnnyBKK said:

The paper states that I have to pay 30K baht per year for 30 years for a total of 900K thb.

It was registered by myself and her at the land office in Hua Hin and a paper was attached to the land deed.

I myself received another paper with a red stamp.

In 2017 I sent way more than 30K, so she can't say that I didn't pay her.

We did this WAY after the divorce, maybe 2 or 3 years after. As she was gambling I got worried she might gamble the house and she agreed that some loan sharks might come after the house. So we decided to do this as a protection for both of us.

Now she sent me a scan of a paper stating that a mortgage of over 1 million thb was registered on the house at the land office. She will never repay this mortgage. 

We had an agreement between that I could stay there rent free forever as I paid for everything. But now if the bank takes the home, I will have to pay those 30K thb per year to the bank, will the bank contact me ? How this thing works ?

Aaah, the rest of the story - yes you should pay the 30K directly to the bank, that will protect you, if you give it to her, she pbly won't pay it, and you could lose the place............Thai banks have lawyers up the wazoo that can twist your intentions every way but straight...........pay the 30K and be happy you have a rent free place to live. or maybe your next post will be  "Help, Thai bank took my house away because wife failed to pay 30K a year to them."

4 hours ago, Donotdisturb said:

555. Classic TIT. i *rent* houses in southern thailand since 1997 and have spent *less* sofar than buying after 21 years. My rent is 4500thb now for 2 bedroom 2 ac house in quite moobaan near sea. No thai wive involved either. I rent the girls too, sortof ?

so where is this little piece of Thai Heaven -  wait, don;t tell the forum, PM me please  I might need a place to hide from the world for awhile, it is spinning too fast for me.   :wai:

As I stated before " I do not think this loan would be with a bank"

I think the Mill is an accumulation of a gambling debt followed by the interest & got out of control by trying to win back, leaving no choice for her to mortgage the property to the one she owed ( usually the head man at the table )

The Thais wont care about Leases, Usufruts ect - they can always pass it down or wait (just look at them now' they just sit waiting for the right price along with the banks )

Very vague concerning a scan of a bit of paper - tell her you want a copy of the back of the Chanote 

I know of situations where the women will tell her partner to keep the garage door down so her friends wont know she's home 

1 hour ago, Donotdisturb said:

Dont jump to conclusion with your pseudo-psychological "wisdom" dear sir. Who said i am not committed? I said i dont have *thai* wive. ?? and am happily together for nearly 15 years with a great woman, rich, reliable, educated, critical ánd childless. In other words: bliss!

"No thai wive involved either. I rent the girls too, sortof ? "

Doesn't quite fit with your 15 years of "bliss" comment....but I'm sure there is a full explanation lost somewhere in translation

33 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

The Thais wont care about Leases, Usufruts ect - they can always pass it down or wait (just look at them now' they just sit waiting for the right price along with the banks )

Or just kill the foreigner in their way and have the police write it off as RTA, natural causes or suicide.

Archived