American Bars

SmartyMarty

Beer Republic on Nimman soi 11 has Deschutes IPA on tap.  It has a one or two other US beers, but Deschutes is the only one I remember.

Beer Lab on Nimman may have something, I haven't checked for a while.  They have (had?) Brewdog IPA.  It is Australian, but similar to US IPA's.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Beer Republic on Nimman soi 11 has Deschutes IPA on tap.  It has a one or two other US beers, but Deschutes is the only one I remember.

Beer Lab on Nimman may have something, I haven't checked for a while.  They have (had?) Brewdog IPA.  It is Australian, but similar to US IPA's.

Brewdog is Australian? 

22 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

Brewdog is Australian? 

I stand corrected.  Apparently it comes from Washington, but is not exported directly to Thailand.  I think it goes through Australia.

Edit:  Another correction.  According to an internet search, it is a Scottish business, with a brewery in the US.

2 hours ago, AaronLV said:

My Place Lounge on Lou Kroh, Deschutes, Stone, Founders. IPA’s, Porters, Stouts depending on the current stock from the supplier.

I didn't know about this place.  That's a good beer selection.  Are they all in bottles or some draft?  How's the food?  The FB page looks promising, but it doesn't say much about beer selection or prices (probably illegal to do so). 

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

I didn't know about this place.  That's a good beer selection.  Are they all in bottles or some draft?  How's the food?  The FB page looks promising, but it doesn't say much about beer selection or prices (probably illegal to do so). 

Can't talk for the beer but the food is really nice - Philly cheese steak one of the best in CM. American owner is a nice guy as well. 

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

It’s all bottled. Good bar for sports and as already stated, the owner is a good bloke. The chicken wings are magic!

I’m Happy (in the north east corner of the old city) serve a variety of imported IPAs on draught - they change them regularly but typically have 9-12 available 

Beer Republic have Stella Artois (which is Belgian :sleep:) on draught 

My Beer Friend on Nimman soi 9 do a really good IPA as well

14 hours ago, heybruce said:

Yes we don't advertise the price or the beer, as it is illegal to do so.  Only bottles, draft is to difficult to sale and maintain the quality, and not have flat or stale beer.   The prices are inline with the retail prices around the other bars.  We also carry a range of Thai craft beer, but the stock on those fluctuates.   Normally I will order the limited releases, as I like to drink them also, currently I have a Rogue Chocolate Stout in stock (650ml) bottle, so a bit on the higher price side.

5 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Can't talk for the beer but the food is really nice - Philly cheese steak one of the best in CM. American owner is a nice guy as well. 

4 hours ago, sharktooth said:

It’s all bottled. Good bar for sports and as already stated, the owner is a good bloke. The chicken wings are magic!

Thanks for the positive feedback!

40 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Is My Place Lounge infested with ladyboys?

No.

45 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Is My Place Lounge infested with ladyboys?

If it is full of Ladyboys you will at least have a chance of getting involved with proper round balls rather than the odd shaped things used in American "Football".

:partytime2:

Just to add if you are looking for another place in town, I would also suggest Craffity in the old city.  A very nice Thai couple run it, and they do have a good selection of beer, both in bottle and on Tap.   I do swing by there from time to time.  

2 hours ago, AaronLV said:

Just to add if you are looking for another place in town, I would also suggest Craffity in the old city.  A very nice Thai couple run it, and they do have a good selection of beer, both in bottle and on Tap.   I do swing by there from time to time.  

I checked in November, it was closed, and it looked permanent.  Too bad, they were open and had some good beers on tap a month or two before.

19 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I checked in November, it was closed, and it looked permanent.  Too bad, they were open and had some good beers on tap a month or two before.

First Brewdog is from Australia, and now Craffity has closed down?

Got any more fake beer news?! 99THB pints at Namton's? New NEIPA coming soon from Singha?!

41 minutes ago, beavercreek said:

Funny, how many are willing to work illegally for an hour, just to buy ONE beer.   Makes the Joad Family look like high earners.

What you on about? Who's working illegally for 340 THB/hour? English teachers? Digital Nomads? Burmese hitmen?!

I've never been to Craffity, so can't comment on the level of service, but yeah a 5% discount isn't much of a happy hour!

1 hour ago, keo said:

First Brewdog is from Australia, and now Craffity has closed down?

Got any more fake beer news?! 99THB pints at Namton's? New NEIPA coming soon from Singha?!

You've never been to Craffity, but you dispute my post stating it was closed in November. 

I was told in Beer Lab that Brewdog was from Australia, double-checked when questioned, then corrected my post.

Do you have nothing better to do than to troll the internet and post on topics that don't interest you?

3 minutes ago, keo said:

The trip advisor/ rate beer reviews for Craffity are either "owners are really nice" or "service sucks, staff are rude".

Are the owners Jeckle and Hyde?!

Different reviewers had different experiences and posted different opinions.  Have you never seen that happen before?

Settle petal, I'm just winding you up.

Given that Craffity has their 1st birthday party a week on Friday, I'm pretty sure that your claim that it has "closed down for good" is incorrect. And I would hate for you to rob anyone reading this thread of the Jekyll/Hyde (delete as appropriate) craft beer experience with your misinformation.

I would take anything said in Beer Republic regarding craft beer with a pinch of hops. 

Not sure what gives you the idea that the topic of craft beer in Chiang Mai doesn't interest me? Quite the contrary my dear Bruce! 

29 minutes ago, keo said:

Settle petal, I'm just winding you up.

Given that Craffity has their 1st birthday party a week on Friday, I'm pretty sure that your claim that it has "closed down for good" is incorrect. And I would hate for you to rob anyone reading this thread of the Jekyll/Hyde (delete as appropriate) craft beer experience with your misinformation.

I would take anything said in Beer Republic regarding craft beer with a pinch of hops. 

Not sure what gives you the idea that the topic of craft beer in Chiang Mai doesn't interest me? Quite the contrary my dear Bruce! 

Regarding Craffity, I posted " I checked in November, it was closed, and it looked permanent. "  Can you refute that?  If not, how is it misinformation?  Also, how are you current on their birthday when you've never been there?

I would hate to rob anyone of a craft beer experience because you give Trip Advisor reviews greater credibility than they deserve.

If we're nitpicking on errors, I stated that Beer Lab, not Beer Republic, told me Brewdog was from Australia.  I also corrected what is a minor point for those who don't nitpick.  Beer Republic doesn't have Brewdog IPA, stop posting misinformation!

Some simple probability:

80% chance beer is not flat...optimistic

80% chance of proper and clean glassware..also optimistic

70% chance of proper pressure

70% chance of clean lines

.7*x.7x.8x.8=   31.36% that you will get a beer that hasn't been ruined

50% chance of a comfortable chair

70% chance the toilet is sufficiently clean

40% chance there is someone to chat with, who is not a blithering idiot

50% chance of decent ventilation and pest control

.5x.7x.4x.5=

7% chance that the bar will be competent and provide basic expectations.

Chance that prices are anywhere near reasonable:  ZERO

Just can't take the risk with Heineken three pack large for 201 at tops..born in 2018, too.  Not perfect, but better than anything with the above shortcomings...for 1/7 the the price???  And I have been having a great month after an excellent year in the market..most of it while sleeping.  I don't buy into BS, though.  Enjoy your tap line mold; I'll be smoking Macanudos, drinking fresh Heineken, and watching live concerts on YouTube.  And if I miss the MOAT action, I can watch the DNs tell me how I can make 16 cents per day with my own YouTube channel.  Bwahahaha.

3 hours ago, beavercreek said:

Some simple probability:

80% chance beer is not flat...optimistic

80% chance of proper and clean glassware..also optimistic

70% chance of proper pressure

70% chance of clean lines

.7*x.7x.8x.8=   31.36% that you will get a beer that hasn't been ruined

50% chance of a comfortable chair

70% chance the toilet is sufficiently clean

40% chance there is someone to chat with, who is not a blithering idiot

50% chance of decent ventilation and pest control

.5x.7x.4x.5=

7% chance that the bar will be competent and provide basic expectations.

Chance that prices are anywhere near reasonable:  ZERO

Just can't take the risk with Heineken three pack large for 201 at tops..born in 2018, too.  Not perfect, but better than anything with the above shortcomings...for 1/7 the the price???  And I have been having a great month after an excellent year in the market..most of it while sleeping.  I don't buy into BS, though.  Enjoy your tap line mold; I'll be smoking Macanudos, drinking fresh Heineken, and watching live concerts on YouTube.  And if I miss the MOAT action, I can watch the DNs tell me how I can make 16 cents per day with my own YouTube channel.  Bwahahaha.

So...sit at home and drink alone?  Cheap, but not what many of us consider a fun night out.

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

So...sit at home and drink alone?  Cheap, but not what many of us consider a fun night out.

Almost zero single girls in those high priced dirty glass places...as if many of the customers even care....all the losers are out on Sat night, too, especially this time of year.  Blue Sky is tolerable for the price, but I would like to know why Tiger is 20 more than Leo, while it is actually priced less at Tops.  70 for a dive Leo or 67 for a Hieny at home....there needs to be just a little something besides mosquitoes to make it worth my while.  But, yes, drinking with a group can be a lot of fun.

Archived