Phuket immigration says do your tm30 everytime u leave an go back

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

if you read the requirements for that report it has to made within 48 hours of staying in a different province more than 24 hours. It also states the report is to be made at the local police station where you are staying.

The change of address part needs to be done if you change your address within the province you are living.

So, as i am changing homes, i will go to phuket with a TM 28 stating such, also with a new TM 30 showing the new address, copy of my lease, copy of landlords id card, copy of Taam bien baan  and a POA (so landlord does not need show up)

and i HOPE am good to go. :-)

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

So, as i am changing homes, i will go to phuket with a TM 28 stating such, also with a new TM 30 showing the new address, copy of my lease, copy of landlords id card, copy of Taam bien baan  and a POA (so landlord does not need show up)

and i HOPE am good to go. :-)

I did the same a month ago and only took 28, a copy of my lease and the landlords id and the house card, did not need the poa and you won't need the Tm30.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BEVUP said:

This might get interesting as you may have some small hotel that wont bother registering you for staying for 1 or 2 nights

Then you go along to Immigration with your new TM 30 form stating that you stayed at a hotel a few hundred k's away, only to find out that nothing has change on their computers

Are they going to go after the buisness

My concern too.

6 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Who cares?  Everyone cares about the law here.  We all care what we are required to do, and we don't want fines or get things wrong and have trouble and stress and immigration.

What do you mean 'I could care less about laws in other countries'?  You mean you could not care more?  I don't understand, unless you mean 'I could not care less'?

And what Boss's laws am I supposed to be following?  If you mean the immigration officer in Phuket.. why, as I don't even live or go to Phuket?!  I am in Chiang Mai.

Of course I follow the rules here.  I don't want to leave.  I never said I was not following rules and laws.  

'Could care less' is the USA/Canadian version of the British 'couldn't car less'. It means the same thing.

I must be due a massive fine at some point !! Having never filled out a TM30, well not to my knowledge anyway...

We travel around Thailand and stay in hotels, I also work overseas, so in and out the country every few months.

Never reported to Suratthani immigration on my return... Never had an issue with them when extending my permission to stay though, which I often do just to give me a couple more weeks.

Glad I'm not in Phuket anymore :)

I want to know too.  

Also which countries require you to go to immigration office every 90 days, even if you have a year visa, marriage visa, etc.  

Myanmar. But it is 70 days, not 90 days.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The manic said:

'Could care less' is the USA/Canadian version of the British 'couldn't car less'. It means the same thing.

And the two have completely opposite meanings. I shall stick with the British one, which makes sense. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

;-(
The confirmation follows complaints from long-term expats that they were fined B2,000 for not re-registering their home addresses after travelling within the country.
“By law, it is a requirement to register your address within 24 hours after being registered elsewhere, such as at a hotel or a guesthouse,” Col Kathathorn told The Phuket News this week.
“It must be done because it’s the law. It’s the law in many countries,” Col Kathathorn said.
Col Kathathorn explained that in order to re-report an address, the foreigner must come to Phuket immigration offices, in Phuket Town or in Patong, in person and provide their passport, a filled-in TM30 form and a letter of authorisation – or literally a power of attorney empowering the foreigner to register details on the landlord’s behalf – if the landlord is not present.
“If it’s the same address as they were previously staying, the foreigner does not need to bring the rental contract proving their rental of the residence. We will have that information in the system,” Col Kathathorn noted.
“If you have this letter (of authorisation from the landlord), the landlord does not need to come to immigration,” he added.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/better-if-you-do-phuket-immigration-chief-urges-foreigners-to-re-register-addresses-even-if-staying-off-island-just-one-night-65744.php#2H6jsYcGQ333GyrU.97

Nakhon sii Thammarat immigration is the same. It's a stupid stupid rule. One which only upsets people who spend money here, often for years and are treated very poorly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I must be due a massive fine at some point !! Having never filled out a TM30, well not to my knowledge anyway...

We travel around Thailand and stay in hotels, I also work overseas, so in and out the country every few months.

Never reported to Suratthani immigration on my return... Never had an issue with them when extending my permission to stay though, which I often do just to give me a couple more weeks.

are you on a 1 year extension? if not, this does not apply to you...

Edited by phuketrichard

1 hour ago, jphasia said:

Myanmar. But it is 70 days, not 90 days.

you need LEAVE every 70 days, NOT report to immigration, so which is more a pain and expense?

Edited by phuketrichard

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Suratthani may well be 1 of those few "sensible" offices like Chaengwattana where the TM30 requirement is not enforced.

you need LEAVE every 70 days, NOT report to immigration, so which is more a pain and expense?
If you are on 1 year multiple entry (which is my case), everytime you enter Myanmar, your permitted stay is equal to your visa expired date. However, if you reach 70 days without leaving the country, you must report to the immigration.
Example: my current Myanmar multiple entry visa is valid until 20 Nov 2018. Everytime i entering Myanmar, they are stamping my passport with an "stay until 20 Nov 2018".
I asked the immigration: does it mean i don't need to leave Myanmar until 20 Nov 2018. They confirmed me: yes however, you need to report to local immigration in 70 days.
This is for 1 year multi entry business.
For myself, i am not concern as I am in and out of Myanmar every week / 2 weeks maximum but my colleagues who have the same visa but not exiting Myanmar much are reporting to immigration every 70 days (sort of notification of stay).

• Like 2

And to further add confusion. 

“Although it is the law, if it’s a short stay, for example a day or two, and nothing happens to prompt officials to check then there usually won’t be a problem,” he said, for stays away from home within the country.

“However, if you become involved in an incident and become a suspect in a case for example, not re-registering your address will be a big problem. So it’s better if you do.”

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/better-if-you-do-phuket-immigration-chief-urges-foreigners-to-re-register-addresses-even-if-staying-off-island-just-one-night-65744.php#xDC8bioAGgZdTDOb.99

from this https://www.thephuketnews.com/better-if-you-do-phuket-immigration-chief-urges-foreigners-to-re-register-addresses-even-if-staying-off-island-just-one-night-65744.php#6PJbwIWRYxMDQQvx.97

44 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

are you on a 1 year extension? if not, this does not apply to you...

No I'm not on a 1 year extension but as far as I'm aware, everyone needs to be registered at there home or hotel etc...

If I go spend a night in a hotel, they don't ask if I'm on a 1 year extension, they report every tourist.

48 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Suratthani may well be 1 of those few "sensible" offices like Chaengwattana where the TM30 requirement is not enforced.

At Chaengwattana they would run out of queue numbers if they started this nonsense given the volume of people reporting there.

12 hours ago, The manic said:

Says who? 

In one sense, Col. Kathathorn does. His rationale as to why this has to be done for in-Kingdom trips, is because the hotel or guest house where you've been staying will have reported your staying there and so the new report is required for the system to be updated to show you as being back in your permanent address.

If you've been staying with friends or relatives who typically, do not report your location to the immigration/police authorities in their area (even if they should) then using his logic there's no need for the system to be updated since it never changed in the first place.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

In one sense, Col. Kathathorn does. His rationale as to why this has to be done for in-Kingdom trips, is because the hotel or guest house where you've been staying will have reported your staying there and so the new report is required for the system to be updated to show you as being back in your permanent address.

If you've been staying with friends or relatives who typically, do not report your location to the immigration/police authorities in their area (even if they should) then using his logic there's no need for the system to be updated since it never changed in the first place.

OK.. So now they know where my bed and cheap guitar reside... What if they need to locate me between the hours of 9 am and 8 pm ? Or do they simply wait until I get home to arrest me giving me a full 11 hours to wreak havoc within the kingdom? 

it's all nonsense without any logical benefit

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, The manic said:

Says who? 

Says me. You are not registered at any hotel or guest house and unless a physical check is made at your house no one will ever know or care.

If I go down the road to a friends place, get drunk and cannot drive home safely why would I have to fill in a TM28 and both my wife and my friend need to fill in a TM30?

54 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Says me. You are not registered at any hotel or guest house and unless a physical check is made at your house no one will ever know or care.

If I go down the road to a friends place, get drunk and cannot drive home safely why would I have to fill in a TM28 and both my wife and my friend need to fill in a TM30?

Your authority of a drunken night out is meaningless. Here is a pertinent scenario. : You leave your condo to travel around Thailand. You stay at a friend's guesthouse. You are unclear if they have repreported you. You then move on to a small resort where they probably have not reported you. Now when you return to your home has the landlord/ house master reported You? If you visit your IO and tell them you have been away are you snitching on your friend and resorts owners? Has your your landlord informed on you. In your drunken scenario you do not factor in the other parties involved including nosy neighbours or condo committees. So what you say has no relevance as drunkenness is no excuse to ignore the law but does blunt acuity of thought.

1 hour ago, tonray said:

OK.. So now they know where my bed and cheap guitar reside... What if they need to locate me between the hours of 9 am and 8 pm ? Or do they simply wait until I get home to arrest me giving me a full 11 hours to wreak havoc within the kingdom? 

it's all nonsense without any logical benefit

Loads of laws all over the world are illogical but we are supposed to obey them.. In this instance TM 28s are being confused with TM 30s and the whole notion of change of address/home/ abode seems to being will fully misinterpreted by IOs. This is a direct result of enforced changes that took place in the last few years. <removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
removed inflammatory comments meant to bring politics into topic that are not allowed on this forum
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

No I'm not on a 1 year extension but as far as I'm aware, everyone needs to be registered at there home or hotel etc...

If I go spend a night in a hotel, they don't ask if I'm on a 1 year extension, they report every tourist.

true BUT you ,  if ur NOT on a 1 year extension, do not have to report to immigration everytime u return home ...Plus for a tourist or any traveler  the hotel does it for you.

That is what this discussion is all about

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

OR if u happen to be married and ur Thai wife checks in   :-)

• Like 2