SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, riclag said:

Why we elected a businessman was  to blow up the establishment and let the military genius take care of the nuke button. This is exactly why PT surrounds himself with competent generals.Fed up with big government and them running our lives .paying high taxes etc. etc.Oh, PC too...

You want the President to delegate the decision to launch nuclear missiles to someone else?  There's another argument for a civics test.  That's not how our government works.

As far as blowing up the establishment, all I've seen is tax cuts for the rich, trillion dollar annual deficits for the foreseeable future, and the Washington swamp getting bigger and deeper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

You want the President to delegate the decision to launch nuclear missiles to someone else?  There's another argument for a civics test.  That's not how our government works.

As far as blowing up the establishment, all I've seen is tax cuts for the rich, trillion dollar annual deficits for the foreseeable future, and the Washington swamp getting bigger and deeper.

Getting out of the Paris climate agreement ,getting out of the TPP, renegotiating NAFTA,to electing a SCJ,tax reform for the the people who were paying  way to much taxes and putting it back in their pay checks, raining in big government spending  like on social programs,cutting jobs in gov agencies , 2 million reduction in food stamp recipients, bringing attention to eliminating  or changing of any kind of immigration law,ending the ISIS Caliphate,doing away with OB care mandate,cutting many federal regulations on business.taking on Iran,taking on NK,making nato pay their fair share,creating jobs.31% increase in the stock market from his first year.

And most importantly  the number 1 accomplishment is showing American's how corrupt and bias Washington and politics are and to be careful of bias news sources. 

Tweeting wasn't how government worked before either.Good way of getting your message out.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, riclag said:

Getting out of the Paris climate agreement ,getting out of the TPP, renegotiating NAFTA,to electing a SCJ,t tax reform for the the people who were paying  way to much taxes and putting it back in their pay checks, raining in big government spending  like on social programs,cutting jobs in gov agencies , 2 million reduction in food stamp recipients, bringing attention to eliminating  or changing of any kind of immigration law,ending the ISIS Caliphate,doing away with OB care mandate,cutting many federal regulations on business.taking on Iran,taking on NK,making nato pay their fair share,creating jobs.31% increase in the stock market from his first year.

And most importantly  the number 1 accomplishment is showing American's how corrupt and bias Washington and politics are and to be careful of bias news sources.

And that’s the short list,, my number one might be moving the embassy to Jerusalem rather than sign off a waiver like presidents from both parties did for many years. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, riclag said:

Getting out of the Paris climate agreement ,getting out of the TPP, renegotiating NAFTA,to electing a SCJ,tax reform for the the people who were paying  way to much taxes and putting it back in their pay checks, raining in big government spending  like on social programs,cutting jobs in gov agencies , 2 million reduction in food stamp recipients, bringing attention to eliminating  or changing of any kind of immigration law,ending the ISIS Caliphate,doing away with OB care mandate,cutting many federal regulations on business.taking on Iran,taking on NK,making nato pay their fair share,creating jobs.31% increase in the stock market from his first year.

Tweeting wasn't how government worked before either.Good way of getting your message out.

You are partially correct, he's done some stupid things, like getting out of the Paris Climate Agreement and getting out of the TPP.  He didn't elect the Supreme Court Justice, but we know what you mean, and it's on the list of bad things. 

Taxes weren't really reformed, they were just cut, and the deficit is in the process of skyrocketing.  Government spending is going up, not down. Social Programs haven't been reined in.  The economic expansion isn't his doing, but he may undo it.  Neither is "ending the ISIS Caliphate", that too started under Obama.  No new trade deals have been proposed, no existing trade deals have been renegotiated.  Nothing good has come from his rants about North Korea or Iran. 

He hasn't shown "American's how corrupt and bias Washington and politics and to be careful of bias news sources", he's demonstrated these things.

You watch too much Faux News pundits and alt-right news sources.  Only twits communicate government policy through tweets.

Edit: You failed to mention his handling of Russian election interference.  Oh wait, he refuses to acknowledge it, or do anything about it.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, KMartinHandyman said:

And that’s the short list,, my number one might be moving the embassy to Jerusalem rather than sign off a waiver like presidents from both parties did for many years. 

Right, and how is that "peace in the MidEast" thing coming?  Has Kushner finished that one yet?  Or is he still solving the opioid crisis, re-inventing government, improving relations with Mexico, and all that other stuff?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, riclag said:

We still are a defender of freedom and democracy with less attention to globalism and more to Americanism.But I must admit many people hate Americans for interfering with their lack of freedom and democracy during WWll !!!!

Trump is killing both freedom and democracy in the U.S.  He should do many years inside. It's coming.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You are partially correct, he's done some stupid things, like getting out of the Paris Climate Agreement and getting out of the TPP.  He didn't elect the Supreme Court Justice, but we know what you mean, and it's on the list of bad things. 

Taxes weren't really reformed, they were just cut, and the deficit is in the process of skyrocketing.  Government spending is going up, not down. Social Programs haven't been reined in.  The economic expansion isn't his doing, but he may undo it.  Neither is "ending the ISIS Caliphate", that too started under Obama.  No new trade deals have been proposed, no existing trade deals have been renegotiated.  Nothing good has come from his rants about North Korea or Iran. 

He hasn't shown "American's how corrupt and bias Washington and politics and to be careful of bias news sources", he's demonstrated these things.

You watch too much Faux News pundits and alt-right news sources.  Only twits communicate government policy through tweets.

So much information that is sent out or not reported by traditional bias sources, why not bypass all that anti Trump reporting  by using social media .Excellent way to communicate to 48 million people while your maga..

It's insulting when you say "You are partially correct, he's done some stupid things"You can't help yourself can you,I've mention this before about your off the cuff insults.

I'm finished with you

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, heybruce said:

Or he's found lots to incriminate Trump, and is now putting it together into an air-tight case.

No way of knowing yet but I think it's fair to say that if there's anything to find Mueller will find it. Everyone's just going to have to wait and and see what that will be.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikebike said:

There same large majority which respected Mr. Obama regardless of his skin color are now appalled with the current president's lack of knowledge, lack of policy and continuous lies. Racists and Nazi's were the "speculators of [Obama's] heritage" AND they are 45's base.

I like Obama. Intelligent and charismatic.  I think his failings stem from the fact the path for him was pre paved. He never really had to fight for anything and he was more or less annointed to each of his positions along the way.  That's ok, but you never learn how to fight for anything if you never had to. If it was easy, he'd be all over it. If it wasn't he'd throw up his hands and politicize it, rather than come up with the best outcome possible for everyone. He certainly had his share of unfair detractors but some of the negatives in his legacy he brought upon himself. In the end he didn't move the country forward. It is possible that his greatest legacy will be that he pushed a healthcare program that was so bad it forced future politicians to make a better one.

7 hours ago, mikebike said:

(Hint: when you advertise yourself as the world police do not elect a criminal as your own chief of police.)

I can't say much good for Trump, and I don't have any statistics at hand to back it up, but my sense is we're killing a lot less people overseas, for no reason, than we have in the past several years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I like Obama. Intelligent and charismatic.  I think his failings stem from the fact the path for him was pre paved. He never really had to fight for anything and he was more or less annointed to each of his positions along the way.  That's ok, but you never learn how to fight for anything if you never had to. If it was easy, he'd be all over it. If it wasn't he'd throw up his hands and politicize it, rather than come up with the best outcome possible for everyone. He certainly had his share of unfair detractors but some of the negatives in his legacy he brought upon himself. In the end he didn't move the country forward. It is possible that his greatest legacy will be that he pushed a healthcare program that was so bad it forced future politicians to make a better one.

You think Obama's path was pre-paved?  As opposed to Trump's?

So hard for Trump; inheriting hundreds of millions in New York City real estate and then watching property appreciation make him a billionaire in spite of his bone-headed investments.   Gotta feel for the poor guy.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

So hard for Trump; inheriting hundreds of millions in New York City real estate and then watching property appreciation make him a billionaire in spite of his bone-headed investments.   Gotta feel for the poor guy.

I wasn't talking about Trump. I was responding to a post about Obama.  I made up my mind about Trump 30 years ago. I don't feel the need to respond to every post about him with "yep, he's still an a-hole, just like I figured 30 years ago."

5 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

We agree the US is divided more than anytime since the 1950's (McCarthyism) or the 1850's (Civil War).   There's one word which sums up why:   TRUMP

But he has a lot of help from people like Ailes, Stone, the NRA, Murdoch (who is Australian), Hannity, and dozens of others who make careers out of dividing Americans.

It is interesting that you think that Trump is the reason for the division as opposed to a result of the division.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

I'm beginning to think citizens should be required to pass a basics civics test before being allowed to vote.  Presidential candidates should definitely be required to demonstrate such basic knowledge.

Absof'inglutely!

18 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I wasn't talking about Trump. I was responding to a post about Obama.  I made up my mind about Trump 30 years ago. I don't feel the need to respond to every post about him with "yep, he's still an a-hole, just like I figured 30 years ago."

Yeah, I never understood his appeal to people myself.  However the topic is about Trump, and many people would love to make it about Obama, Hillary, Monica Lewinski, JFK, UFO's, or any topic other than Trump.  So I bring it back around to Trump when I can.

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

Same test for all citizens, regardless of race.  Nothing racist about that.

I was amazed at the number of people, both for and against Trump, who didn't know, and refused to accept, that the President can launch nuclear missiles with nothing stopping him other than an immediate high level military mutiny.  People seem to think that the Presidency is no big deal and there's no reason not to elect an entertaining blowhard.  People that ignorant should not vote.

I agree with you 100% but the guy who commented that such a policy would be determined to be racist is correct. I hear ya, but that's how it would shake out.

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

I agree with you 100% but the guy who commented that such a policy would be determined to be racist is correct. I hear ya, but that's how it would shake out.

It would be somewhat racist.  Immigrants who had passed the citizenship test would breeze through the civics test, while "born in the USA 'Muricans" would struggle.

You could be right but at this point such predictions are worthless. Let's see about the MIDTERMS first, shall we? 
Back a year, you had him impeached, charged with criminal offences, and not lasting a month.

What a difference a year makes......now he may win a second term.....giggle!!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, riclag said:

If Trump put action to words and wanted to clean up politics in DC, he would advocate for taking big money out of political campaigns. Nearly all Americans are in favor of that. But Trump and the Reps can't ever say no to big money propping them up.  NRA alone (out of hundreds of other big money interests) stuffed $33 million into Trump's campaign.  Trump campaigned against using Goldman Sachs (remember how he chided Cruz and Cruz's wife about that?) ....yet went and stuffed his cabinet/advisors with GS millionaires.  If that was Trump's only lie, the USA would be doing OK, .....but because Trump lies every day and proposes policies which hurt the USA.....

7 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

No way of knowing yet but I think it's fair to say that if there's anything to find Mueller will find it. Everyone's just going to have to wait and and see what that will be.

I hope Mueller doesn't hold back. He is a Republican, after all, and is under immense pressure from Trump and right wingers to constrict and terminate the investigation.

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

Politically, Obama had a tougher row to hoe than Trump has now.  Particularly in Obama's 2nd term, Republicans (who had a majority in Congress) dragged their feet on everything.  It's a minor miracle that Health Care passed - enabling millions more Americans to get basic health care.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

Yeah, I never understood his appeal to people myself.  

Americans like mavericks. They put bank robbers on pedestals - like Jesse James, Al Capone, Bonnie and Clyde, and so on.  You see it in the movies.  It's reinforced from the time an American baby is in pampers.

Trump appeared to fit that mold for weak-minded people.  They already liked that he was v. rich and had pretty g.f.'s.   They thought he was tough when he starred in the Apprentice.  Actually, that wasn't his office, and all the firing on TV was all pre-planned by script writers.  He just played the part, similar to how he's playing the part of president now.  Badly. 

To Trump, being prez is a game, and 30% of Americans don't seem to mind.   They don't mind that he grabs women by the genitals and comes on to married women 'like a bitch'.  They don't mind that he changes his ideas hour by hour, or that he toys with (jokes about) the idea of starting WWIII.  He may also have venereal disease and passed it on to Melania.  Right Wingers, Bible-Thumpers, Neo Nazis would have no problem with that either. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Back a year, you had him impeached, charged with criminal offences, and not lasting a month.

What a difference a year makes......now he may win a second term.....giggle!!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well, he could be impeached or many enough voters will get to their senses and reject the abomination in a landslide. In the mean time I'm holding out hope for the McD and soda diet to do its job.

BTW, since you're active now on the forum now you have a question you have run away from. How about manning up and answering it:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1022317-survey-do-you-want-trump-to-finish-his-first-term/?page=53&tab=comments#comment-12772279

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Becker said:

Nothing? How utterly unsurprising...:coffee1:

chicken-with-head-cut-off-clipart-14.jpg

You're misquoting/misrepresenting AGAIN.

I do not have the inside info on what Mueller is doing, or has done.    What I have said is that the rabid left seemed to, or thought they had, or just lied, about what Mueller has found, and my response is the same.   He has found NOTHING to incriminate Trump.   My view is (no inside info) that he won't be impeached.   It's MY view, not me having access to privileged information.

The left were the ones who had him impeached, even charged with criminal offences, from the moment Mueller was appointed, and it's enjoyable to see the humiliating backdown to.....he may not be impeached.....impeachment is unlikely, etc.   I think (once again I, not inside info, or influenced by others) that Trump will be reelected if he stands, and he's expressed a desire to do so, but he will be 74/75 by then, and I wouldn't want a job like that at that age, so who knows.  The people will warm to what he's doing, and I note criticism about introducing tariffs on imports.   If he hadn't, and it had been suggested by the democrats, you'd be pouring scorn, and probably boiling water, on him because he didn't.   He can't win, but the criticism he receives here on TV is inconsequential compared with the biased press.   He's handled them very well, bypassing them for social media, and they hate it, and him for doing so.

I missed your quest to have me respond, so it's not a matter of 'manning up'.  Unlike you, I don't have all day to sit at a keyboard surfing TV, reading every post, looking for confrontation.   I come here occasionally, express MY view, and then move on to do other things.    I'm retired, never been so busy, and  the anti Trump threads, just a little too childish for my more developed intelligence.

Many of you anti Trump guys really need to get some interests instead of getting yourselves in a lather over Trump.   He's there, elected fairly and squarely, and is going to be there for some time yet.   You're more likely to have a heart attack because of your attitudinal stress than he is because of his diet.

Good luck in your endeavours to bring down the President of the United States.....giggle.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I actually support mandatory voting like Australia. They've never elected anyone as ridiculous at "trump" so it couldn't be that bad!

Pardon???    Australia elected Julia Gillard, and Kevin Rudd, and two greater morons never drew breath!!!

"Ridiculous" covers an enormous range, so I'll comment on the ridiculousness of electing two people so grossly stupid, and lacking leadership qualities, of the left, of course!

21 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

You're misquoting/misrepresenting AGAIN.

I do not have the inside info on what Mueller is doing, or has done.    What I have said is that the rabid left seemed to, or thought they had, or just lied, about what Mueller has found, and my response is the same.   He has found NOTHING to incriminate Trump. 

[ ]

Good luck in your endeavours to bring down the President of the United States.....giggle.

Edited 13 minutes ago by F4UCorsair

You have repeatedly stated that Mueller has found "NOTHING" to incriminate the man-child. How would you know this unless you have inside information into an ongoing investigation?

BTW, seems you're giggling a lot lately - rather like my little sister did when she was very young. Just sayin'.

26 minutes ago, Becker said:

You have repeatedly stated that Mueller has found "NOTHING" to incriminate the man-child. How would you know this unless you have inside information into an ongoing investigation?

BTW, seems you're giggling a lot lately - rather like my little sister did when she was very young. Just sayin'.

Nothing has been published, and if he had ANYTHING to hang Trump, he would have moved on it.   If he had enough to start things rolling, the investigation can continue, while he is looking for more dirt, which you guys will contend there inevitably will be.   I still say, my opinion, nothing from 'inside' the Mueller investigation

You guys make it easy to giggle at many of your posts.....giggle!!

I recall an expression from my youth, "giggling like a schoolgirl who has been tampered with", quite funny, but probably not politically correct in 2018.