SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, UncleTouchyFingers said:

The current opioid epidemic is due to fentanyl, a synthetic opiate hundreds of times stronger than morphine. It is brought in through the mail and over borders. It’s used to cut heroin and increase profit margins. It’s so dangerous and powerful that it’s killing thousands when mixed too strongly. Fentanyl is definitely coming from south of the border. 

Cartels have extreme power & money in the opiate trade coming into the USA and incredible resources. 

Its your denial of the issue that will keep killing thousands of people. That, combined with shit healthcare and treatment options. 

You're confused. Illegal immigration is one thing. Illegal imports of drugs quite another. The huge amount of money to be made from smuggling drugs one way or another into the USA means that law enforcement efforts will always be behind.  And how are cartels an immigration problem? Their base of operations is abroad.

In addition, fentanyl and its analogs are vastly more powerful than heroin. Which means smaller packages and a lot harder to detect. 

And fentanyl does not come from Mexico. It comes from China. And by mail since it is so concentrated you don't need large packages to make it hugely profitable.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/09/17/opioid-crisis-how-customs-officers-find-fentanyl-mail/662838001/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Certainly better than your girl Pelosi talking about “mowing grass in some areas” rather than a hard wall. That’s what Democrats are talking about. Mowing grass. It’s so blatantly obvious that democrat politicians WANT illegal immigration. It’s so clearly transparent at this point it’s almost laughable. 

And of course you don’t need a wall when there are geographical walls already in place. 

And LOL Cali just notified illegal immigrants of an impending ICE raid and endangered the lives of American agents in the process. Took a huge loss on that stunt too. 

It’s almost like the liberal politicians WANT to lose to Trump and Conservatives. 

To Pay for Wall, Trump Would Cut Proven Border Security Measures

The Trump administration would cut or delay funding for border surveillance, radar technology, patrol boats and customs agents in its upcoming spending plan to curb illegal immigration — all proven security measures that officials and experts have said are more effective than building a wall along the Mexican border.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/08/us/politics/trump-border-wall-funding-surveillance.html

Then there's this memorable quote from an Arizona sheriff who is very much in favor of stopping illegal immigration:

An Arizona sheriff is opposed to President Donald Trump's proposed wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, calling it a "medieval solution to a modern problem."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/05/arizona-sheriff-opposes-border-wall-medieval-solution-modern-problem

• Like 1

Certainly better than your girl Pelosi talking about “mowing grass in some areas” rather than a hard wall. That’s what Democrats are talking about. Mowing grass. It’s so blatantly obvious that democrat politicians WANT illegal immigration. It’s so clearly transparent at this point it’s almost laughable. 

And of course you don’t need a wall when there are geographical walls already in place. 

And LOL Cali just notified illegal immigrants of an impending ICE raid and endangered the lives of American agents in the process. Took a huge loss on that stunt too. 

It’s almost like the liberal politicians WANT to lose to Trump and Conservatives. 
Look I already watch Fox so really no need to parrot their recent obnoxiously twisted talking points to me.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

You're confused. Illegal immigration is one thing. Illegal imports of drugs quite another. The huge amount of money to be made from smuggling drugs one way or another into the USA means that law enforcement efforts will always be behind.  And how are cartels an immigration problem? Their base of operations is abroad.

In addition, fentanyl and its analogs are vastly more powerful than heroin. Which means smaller packages and a lot harder to detect. 

And fentanyl does not come from Mexico. It comes from China. And by mail since it is so concentrated you don't need large packages to make it hugely profitable.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/09/17/opioid-crisis-how-customs-officers-find-fentanyl-mail/662838001/

Immigration and drugs go totally hand in hand. The wall isn’t just for people, it’s for drugs & goods & cash too.  

Yeah and fentnyl it’s shipped to Mexico and smuggled over land.  By cartels. To cartel members. Sold in the USA. Killing people. 

And I literally said it comes in by mail and over borders. Settle down & read my post before hastily replying. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Look I already watch Fox so really no need to parrot their recent obnoxiously twisted talking points to me.

How did I twist anything?

She. Literally. Said. It. 

It was all over the news and not just fox. It was beyond retarded for her to say that. 

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It was all over the news and not just fox. It was beyond retarded for her to say that. 

Out of context demonizing propaganda. That is how it was twisted by Fox and by their parrots. Fox is relevant here because it's been documented that the president is directly influenced by assorted Fox shows.

In any case, Americans and the world is stuck with "trump" for now and who knows how long, so in the meantime until the misery and division that he inflicts can be halted, here's an interesting issue --

Why Is Donald Trump So Hard to Caricature?
Some people say we are in a Nixon moment. Talk of impeachment is in the air. Outrage against the current president has reached a pitch not seen since Watergate days. Yet can you think of a drawing of Trump that comes anywhere near Guston’s Nixon? Why not?

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/04/donald-trump-caricature/554069/

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

And why not have more people from Norway? Or the white South Africans about to be booted from their homes and farms? Or anything else? Why is it racist to you to ask these questions? 

Why not have more people from Norway?  What do you propose, sending teams over to kidnap them?  Norway is a first world country with a high standard of living and universal health care.  Norwegians aren't lining up to immigrate to the US.  I'm also not aware of white South Africans being booted off farms and applying to immigrate. 

Where do you get your information?

3 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

20 billion is pocket change compared to the cost of illegal immigrants in one single year. It’s not a hard sell. Cartel beheadings. MS13 torture. Opiate epidemic. Drug money. The list is endless. It’ll be another SOTU win every time there’s a trump rally gearing up for 2020. 

I hope they do run on it. Gun control too. Also increasing taxes. 

" Research shows that illegal immigrants increase the size of the U.S. economy, contribute to economic growth, enhance the welfare of natives, contribute more in tax revenue than they collect, reduce American firms' incentives to offshore jobs and import foreign-produced goods, and benefit consumers by reducing the prices of goods and services.[7][13][14][15][16] Economists estimate that legalization of the illegal immigrant population would increase the immigrants' earnings and consumption considerably, and increase U.S. gross domestic product."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_the_United_States  

Add to this the fact that people who have crossed mountains, jungles, deserts, etc. to get to the border won't let a wall or see-through fence stop them.  It is a total waste of money.

The drug problem is caused by demand in the US and irrational US drug laws that make smuggling tremendously profitable and funding rampant corruption and crime south of our borders.  A border wall will not change that.  The opiate epidemic is home grown, spurred on by big drug companies. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

In any case, Americans and the world is stuck with "trump" for now and who knows how long, so in the meantime until the misery and division that he inflicts can be halted, here's an interesting issue --

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/04/donald-trump-caricature/554069/

20151209-MORIN-550.jpgh.png

d.pngc.jpg

Edited by Opl

3 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

The current opioid epidemic is due to fentanyl, a synthetic opiate hundreds of times stronger than morphine. It is brought in through the mail and over borders. It’s used to cut heroin and increase profit margins. It’s so dangerous and powerful that it’s killing thousands when mixed too strongly. Fentanyl is definitely coming from south of the border. 

Cartels have extreme power & money in the opiate trade coming into the USA and incredible resources. 

Its your denial of the issue that will keep killing thousands of people. That, combined with shit healthcare and treatment options. 

So, to your way of thinking, prohibition works? And even if the wall is effective - which experts say it won't be and why not chuck that fentanyl over it? - that will stop drugs from getting into the USA? Or slow it down? Really, with all the huge profits to be made?

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're obviously wealthy and not getting subsidized ACA. That was a flaw in ACA. The proper thing would be to reform and fix it, not destroy it for all that do benefit from it in life saving ways as "trump" is doing. That said, I think you have a valid gripe. You represent a small  percentage of ACA plan buyers but that doesn't make your gripe any less valid or real. 

The level at which you pay outrageous prices for Obamacare is hardly wealthy. If you want wealthy people to pay more address it in the income tax and have no premiums whatsoever for anyone for healthcare.

7 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

So, to your way of thinking, prohibition works? And even if the wall is effective - which experts say it won't be and why not chuck that fentanyl over it? - that will stop drugs from getting into the USA? Or slow it down? Really, with all the huge profits to be made?

The "Wall" is not only for opiates, it for illegals of many nationalities. To be placed first where no natural barriers exist. I believe it's only because it's Trump who is advocating the wall the left are so against it.

57 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The "Wall" is not only for opiates, it for illegals of many nationalities. To be placed first where no natural barriers exist. I believe it's only because it's Trump who is advocating the wall the left are so against it.

Well what you 'believe'  may need adjusting. We had plenty of the "wall" in Europe and thankfully it was taken down chunk by chunk. Good job they hadn't built the wall in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow"  or it would have had a different ending with everyone in the USA piled up against the wall frozen to death. With modern technology there is no need for a wall, in fact a wall makes it harder for the use of modern technology to detect people crossing borders. All that will happen is there will be a completely new industry involving tunnelling under the wall (or ladders over it). The reason not just the 'left' but most sane people are against it is that it is a stupid idea.

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

Well what you 'believe'  may need adjusting. We had plenty of the "wall" in Europe and thankfully it was taken down chunk by chunk. Good job they hadn't built the wall in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow"  or it would have had a different ending with everyone in the USA piled up against the wall frozen to death. With modern technology there is no need for a wall, in fact a wall makes it harder for the use of modern technology to detect people crossing borders. All that will happen is there will be a completely new industry involving tunnelling under the wall (or ladders over it). The reason not just the 'left' but most sane people are against it is that it is a stupid idea.

Tunneling is not "new" by any means, has been going on for a long time. To say remote locations with no natural barriers does not need a wall is unrealistic. It would be a great help to our Border Patrol if these barriers were in place in conjunction with new technology.

The "Wall" in Europe was for keeping people inside, not quite the same nor are we in a movie.

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Do you believe the wall will work because Trump, the serial liar (Obama wiretapped me!  Largest inauguration crowds in history!  Millions of illegal votes for Clinton!) says it will work?  Or because you have a knee-jerk support for anything the left opposes--things like racism, fascism, repression of free speech and press, etc.?

As I've posted before, people who have crossed jungles, deserts, mountains, rivers, and more to get to the border will not let a wall stop them.  General George Patton said "Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of men."  The wall will be a testament to the stupidity of the US.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Do you believe the wall will work because Trump, the serial liar (Obama wiretapped me!  Largest inauguration crowds in history!  Millions of illegal votes for Clinton!) says it will work?  Or because you have a knee-jerk support for anything the left opposes--things like racism, fascism, repression of free speech and press, etc.?

As I've posted before, people who have crossed jungles, deserts, mountains, rivers, and more to get to the border will not let a wall stop them.  General George Patton said "Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of men."  The wall will be a testament to the stupidity of the US.

The wall was needed well before Trump. He simply cashed in on knowing it's what right minded folks want.

Got to laugh when you make every illegal crossing the border sound like Indiana Jones. Perhaps they all carry a bull whip as well. You've got folks from China and the Middle east crossing as well. But at the end of the day it doesn't much matter what you, I or anybody else on this thread wants.

Carry on.

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The wall was needed well before Trump. He simply cashed in on knowing it's what right minded folks want.

Got to laugh when you make every illegal crossing the border sound like Indiana Jones. Perhaps they all carry a bull whip as well. You've got folks from China and the Middle east crossing as well. But at the end of the day it doesn't much matter what you, I or anybody else on this thread wants.

Carry on.

Makes me laugh when you portray all illegal immigrants as easily discouraged by a wall.  Not even a wall along all of the border, one that can be easily by-passed.  The majority of illegal immigrants are healthy people who come to the US to work, and they have overcome far worse hardships than a wall.  They are also smart enough to know there are many ways to get into the US, they don't have to launch a head-on assault on a wall.

Continue to live in your Trump fantasy world, it clearly makes you happy.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

he wall was needed well before Trump. He simply cashed in on knowing it's what right minded folks want.

If you ate one of those "right minded folks", please explain to me how he is going to have a wall built in the middle of the 1250 mile border from El Paso to the Gulf of Mexico.  That Border is the Rio Grande River that is used by both countries for irrigation and recreation. Is he going to have the wall built down the middle of the river?  He can't build it on the Mexican side and he can't build it on the US side without damaging the US use of the river.

13 minutes ago, wayned said:

If you ate one of those "right minded folks", please explain to me how he is going to have a wall built in the middle of the 1250 mile border from El Paso to the Gulf of Mexico.  That Border is the Rio Grande River that is used by both countries for irrigation and recreation. Is he going to have the wall built down the middle of the river?  He can't build it on the Mexican side and he can't build it on the US side without damaging the US use of the river.

I once ate one of those “right minded folks” 

I was sh!tting Fox News ticker tapes for weeks!

• Haha 2