SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

The creators of the Big C did not anticipate adversaries using the internet to elect useful idiots.  They did understand the requirement for checks and balances, but could not anticipate the gutless reaction of a temporary majority party willing to put re-election ahead of country.  

America has voted, and a reckless FBI chief and foreign adversary have swung an election to a dangerous incompetent.  The constitution did not anticipate this, but did allow for investigations of such things.  If you give a damn about the country, allow the investigation to run its course.  Especially if Trump makes it clear that he doesn't like being investigated. 

America has voted their President . He won ,everything else is speculation by the Trump hater's .The Constitution didn't anticipate other Presidents  that would create a mess for him to clean up.He will MAGA! I care for the country. Mueller should to!He should also send his report  in now to continue to  MAGA !

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, riclag said:

America has voted their President . He won ,everything else is speculation by the Trump hater's .The Constitution didn't anticipate other Presidents  that would create a mess for him to clean up.He will MAGA! I care for the country. Mueller should to!He should also send his report  in now to continue to  MAGA !

I don't think they anticipated a president sinking so low as to  even broach the subject of pardoning himself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Putting the cart before the horse. So far there is nothing for him to pardon himself from. 

I wrote he broached the subject. He said he could parson himself. So if anyone put the cart before the horse it's Trump himself. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Putting the cart before the horse. So far there is nothing for him to pardon himself from. 

I never seen a President more patriotic,as PT.

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 1

Just now, riclag said:

I never seen a President so patriotic,as PT.

Yes, he has made great sacrifices for his country. And that is the essence of patriotism. Like putting his businesses in a blind trust so that he couldn't knowingly profit from being POTUS. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Yes, he has made great sacrifices for his country. And that is the essence of patriotism. Like putting his businesses in a blind trust so that he couldn't knowingly profit from being POTUS. 

I could care less about how much money him and his family get from winning and leading my country..Besides, when he earns from MAGA ,I earn as well.I would love to see him win some more and so do many American's . 2020

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I wrote he broached the subject. He said he could parson himself. So if anyone put the cart before the horse it's Trump himself. 

40 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why did he bring it up then? Hmm.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

He was weighing in on the ongoing question of whether he could pardon himself. 

He said He had the right to do

it, and then said but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? 

25 minutes ago, riclag said:

I could care less about how much money him and his family get from winning and leading my country..Besides, when he earns from MAGA ,I earn as well.I would love to see him win some more and so do many American's . 2020

Whether you could care less is irrelevant. You claimed this: I never seen a President more patriotic,as PT.

As I pointed out, the way you can tell if someone is patriotic is how willing they are to make sacrifices for their country. Trump refused to put his businesses in a blind trust so as to avoid the possibility of corrupt dealing. Just because you agree with what he's doing, that doesn't make him patriotic. Chauvinistic, yes. Patriotic no.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

He was weighing in on the ongoing question of whether he could pardon himself. 

He said He had the right to do

it, and then said but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? 

No reason for him to pronounce on the subject at all. It would have been best if some spokesperson said that it is inapproprate for the President to comment.  But if he had to say something, he should have said regardless of the constitutional questions, he would never pardon himself come what may.. 

18 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Whether you could care less is irrelevant. You claimed this: I never seen a President more patriotic,as PT.

As I pointed out, the way you can tell if someone is patriotic is how willing they are to make sacrifices for their country. Trump refused to put his businesses in a blind trust so as to avoid the possibility of corrupt dealing. Just because you agree with what he's doing, that doesn't make him patriotic. Chauvinistic, yes. Patriotic no.

18 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

He is serving his country and dealing with the never ending attacks on him,his family,his administration,supporters and his Presidency. That is a sacrifice,that's being Patriotic! Anybody who likes what he's done so far,would agree

Edited by riclag

3 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

He should have said?  You aren’t speaking for everyone. I find nothing wrong with what he said. 

He said that a President can put himself above the consequences of breaking the law, You find nothing wrong with that?

9 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

If riklag is a registered voter it actually is relevant what he thinks. 

Just now, bushdoctor said:

If riklag is a registered voter it actually is relevant what he thinks. 

Well, by that criterion, anything a registered voter says about anything is relevant to a political discussion no matter how nonsensical. If a registered voter says she believes lizard people from outer space are directing the opposition to Trump, would that make her assertion relevant?  Even by your ridiculous standard, riclag would have to prove that he's a registered voter to establish his qualifications. Got any suggestions on how iclag can do that?

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Well, by that criterion, anything a registered voter says about anything is relevant to a political discussion no matter how nonsensical. If a registered voter says she believes lizard people from outer space are directing the opposition to Trump, would that make her assertion relevant?  Even by your ridiculous standard, riclag would have to prove that he's a registered voter to establish his qualifications. Got any suggestions on how iclag can do that?

Well that isn’t even close to what he said is it? He said Trump is patriotic, is he allowed his opinion? I agree. Trump i isn’t taking a salary. It’s donated to various charities. That shows patriotism. 

I think you over simplify the blind trust issue. It’s quite complicated and not required of him to do. 

Edited by bushdoctor
Spelling

1 minute ago, bushdoctor said:

Well that was t close to what he said is it? He said Trump is patriotic, is he allowed his opinion? I agree. Trump i isn’t taking a salary. It’s donated to various charities. That shows patriotism. 

I think you over simplify the blind trust issue. It’s quite complicated and not required of him to do. 

Yes, he's allowed his opinion. Are others allowed to skewer it? It's not complicated to establish a bllnd trust. If you are willing to make a financial sacrifice.. And that's quite a stirring phrase you've coined there: He's not required to do so. All members of his cabinet and other high ranking government officials are required to do so but he unrepentantly adheres to a lower standard. That's patriotism for you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

He said that a President can put himself above the consequences of breaking the law, You find nothing wrong with that?

Not at all. He was just explaining that yes, it is within his authority. 

1 minute ago, bushdoctor said:

Not at all. He was just explaining that yes, it is within his authority. 

He was explaining? You mean he brought his formidable scholarly skills to bear on the question? No, he was asserting. And it's not a settled question.

3 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Maybe your own formidable scholarly skills superior, but the president of the United States does have a team of very competent law scholars that he consults with. 

I think it's painfully obvious by now that no matter how many scholars he consults with he doesn't listen to them but goes with his gut.

And that fat gut is wrong almost all of the time.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Maybe your own formidable scholarly skills superior, but the president of the United States does have a team of very competent law scholars that he consults with. 

Donald Trump consults with experts? Really? There's a lot of history against that assertion of yours. No doubt there are a formidable amount of expertise he could tap should he choose to. But as we have repeatedly seen, most of his takes on situations seems to derive from what he watches on Fox News.

6 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Donald Trump consults with experts? Really? There's a lot of history against that assertion of yours. No doubt there are a formidable amount of expertise he could tap should he choose to. But as we have repeatedly seen, most of his takes on situations seems to derive from what he watches on Fox News.

Most of his takes are from the dealings of past administrations ,good and bad.

Edited by riclag

6 hours ago, bushdoctor said:

I not sure how your claim that I don’t know the difference between a primary election and general election comes into play, but we seem to agree that’s the primary elections were fair, and Trump did nothing wrong. I’ll

let it stand at that. 

We are discussing the upcoming primary elections, the first to be held nationwide with Trump as President.  Primary elections are generally decided by the extremes of the parties since independents don't vote.  A centrist republican candidate that would appeal to the majority of voters in the general election would lose the primary election because he isn't extreme enough for the Trumpies.

For this reason very few Republicans in the House of Representatives and Republicans in the Senate who are up for re-election will oppose Trump because he/she will lose the primary.  It only takes a passing interest in democracy in the US to understand this. 

But of course those with a passing interest in democracy in the US want Russian interference in elections investigated. Trumpies don't want this.  They fear it will uncover something unpleasant about their cult leader.

4 hours ago, riclag said:

Russian interference in the election isn't speculation.  Real patriots want it investigated and prevented in the future.

Once again, Trump "inherited" a country with a stable, expanding economy that was held in high regard around the world; Obama is the President that inherited a mess.

2 hours ago, riclag said:

The tax cuts that are causing trillion dollar deficits and undermining the future of the country are certainly profitable for him, however they will achieve the opposite of MAGA.

1 hour ago, riclag said:

He is serving his country and dealing with the never ending attacks on him,his family,his administration,supporters and his Presidency. That is a sacrifice,that's being Patriotic! Anybody who likes what he's done so far,would agree

Yeah, getting up every day, watching Fox and Friends, tweeting about it; it's so arduous it leaves no time for intelligence briefings and preparation for nuclear negotiations.  However it does leave lots of time for golf.

1 hour ago, bushdoctor said:

Well that isn’t even close to what he said is it? He said Trump is patriotic, is he allowed his opinion? I agree. Trump i isn’t taking a salary. It’s donated to various charities. That shows patriotism. 

Doubling the entrance fee for Mar-a-Lago immediately after the election more than makes up for the sacrifice of the Presidential salary.  Besides, how do we know he is donating it to charities?  When has Trump every opened his finances to scrutiny?