SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Highest approval rating since he took office. The trend is clear.

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

Only to those blinded by misinformation. As recently as Feb 17, 2018 his average ratings were higher.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Edit: I was mistaken. Actually, as recently as Mar 25, his average ratings were higher.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Amazing results, Donald, especially since you have been continually attacked unfairly from all sides, with NO proof of any of the ridiculous accusations. 40% approval is wonderful, considering less than 40% voted for you.

Given how truthful. well-reasoned and temperate his tweets are, his low ratings are certainly a mystery.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Amazing results, Donald, especially since you have been continually attacked unfairly from all sides, with NO proof of any of the ridiculous accusations. 40% approval is wonderful, considering less than 40% voted for you.

"unfairly attacked"?  Would you like a partial list of the blatantly false, detached from reality claims that he stands by?  How about some of his rapid reversals (we're going to get out of Syria, no we're going to bomb Syria)?

Promoting a lie that the president was born in Kenya is an unfair attack.  Reporting on the ridiculous things a sitting president says, tweets and does is legitimate news.

• Thanks 2

As said countless times before, people vote with their pocketbooks. If the economy is thriving.....well you get the idea. Those of us who work hard don't like the re-distribution of wealth mantra the left chants. If I had my way there would be one tax rate for all Americans with no hidden loopholes. From dishwashers to billionaires....all should pay the same rate.

I agree entirely Evenkeel.

The great problem with the left is they practise the 'politics of envy' and 'class warfare' convincing the losers that if they take from the 'rich' (read..those who are prepared to work) that the poor (read...those who won't work and contribute) will reap the benefits, and nothing could be further from the truth.
It's vote buying, pure and simple.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

"trump" -- degrading the USA brand every day in every way. Just who is the "enemy of the people" then? The press? Really? America first? More like America out to lunch. America irrelevant. That doesn't make great. The opposite actually. 

The collapse of the U.S.-led world order has done more harm than we realize

In multiple miserable corners of the world, where U.S. envoys and aid would normally be, there is a void.

That’s the obvious story. What’s less evident is how far-reaching and consequential the collapse of American-led order has been in the 15 months since Trump took office. In multiple miserable corners of the world, where U.S. envoys and aid would normally be helping victims, deterring malevolent actors and seeking political solutions, there is a void.

http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Opinion-|-The-collapse-of-the-U-S--led-world-order-has-done-more-harm-than-we-realize.B1qFMK-2z.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

"trump" -- degrading the USA brand every day in every way. Just who is the "enemy of the people" then? The press? Really? America first? More like America out to lunch. America irrelevant. That doesn't make great. The opposite actually. 

http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Opinion-|-The-collapse-of-the-U-S--led-world-order-has-done-more-harm-than-we-realize.B1qFMK-2z.html

So much in that article that is clearly an unreliable presentation of various situations. Not surprising. Diehl was an enthusiastic backer of the Iraqi intervention and still doesn't acknowledge how badly it turned out and is still deflecting blame.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

So much in that article that is clearly an unreliable presentation of various situations. Not surprising. Diehl was an enthusiastic backer of the Iraqi intervention and still doesn't acknowledge how badly it turned out and is still deflecting blame.

Low level ad hominem deflection. So predictable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

It's only bad when you compare it to every other presidential approval rating at this point in their presidency.

Is it a reason for kicking him  out of office?

Edited by Johnniey

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Low level ad hominem deflection. So predictable. 

I guess I'll have to enumerate the dubious statements in that article. I thought they would be apparent to you.

"The carefully circumscribed strike ordered by President Trump last week will do nothing to change the reality that he, like Barack Obama before him, has left a power vacuum in the heart of the Middle East."

The US had to leave Iraq under the terms of an agreement negotiated by the Bush Administration. There was no way the pro-Iranian Iraqi PM was going to allow American troops to stay past the 2011 cutoff point. But of course, since Diehl persists in supporting the Iraq War he's  going to try to pin blame elsewhere.

"For a century and more, Latin American and Caribbean countries in crisis could expect that the United States would intervene — for better or perhaps for worse — to break their fall."

Notice the "perhaps" in "for better or perhaps for worse.  Don't think there's much "perhaps" about it.  

"He [Trump} has since ignored suggestions by some of the leaders for more realistic measures, such as an embargo on Venezuelan oil."

That's realistic? And even if it succeeds, who's going to pay the gravest price for it?

"I guess fair use rules prohibit me from quoting more. In his own words, Diehl says the horrible Sudan War began in 2013. Did the US envoy under Obama made any difference?

In Myanmar the persecution of the Royhingas  began late in the Obama administration. But even before a brutal war was still being waged against the various peoples in the north.

As for the special coordinator of Tibetan issues, even Diehl concedes it doesn't amount to much.

It's understandable why people would want to do something when bad things are happening. Especially when you're a citizen of a nation that has the world's most powerful military and armed forces. But sometimes you have to accept that there's nothing useful that your nation can do.

2 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Is it a reason for kicking him  out of office?

Low in the opinion polls?  No.  But I have no doubt that ample reasons will be found after his financial affairs have been adequately investigated. 

There's also the interesting development of the raid on Trump's lawyer.   No judge would have approved that warrant without strong reason to suspect some serious illegal activity.  It will be interesting to learn where this will lead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Sure. But  once you start nit picking then you'd go through 10 presidents a week. Like in Australia.  Let people vote him out in democracy.  If he has committed a provable crime with evidence show the evidence clearly. Way to much he said she said nonsense. I think it's more a matter of sour grapes for losing side.  When you lose improve your team, get better and try to win next election. Next election will be a ratings winner. 

Peace to all. 

Before Trump our candidates for President went to great lengths to open up their financial affairs to prove they were not involved in anything illegal or that would present a conflict of interest.  Before Trump the press could and would enthusiastically investigate the past of anyone who was a serious contender for President, and these candidates did not object; they bent over backwards to show they had nothing to hide.

Trump dodged these conventions.  He presented loud sales pitches with simple sound bites, vague promises to do the right thing about his finances, and few specifics.  I still find it profoundly disturbing that a large minority of voters fell for his BS.

So no, we wouldn't go through ten presidents a week.  We were doing fine with conventions that, unfortunately, were not give the weight of law.  That is one of many lessons learned from Trump's election, we can not trust conventions to keep out the riff-raff.  Financial disclosures and mandatory divestment of business interests need to be required by law for future Presidents.  This will have to wait until the Republicans no longer control Congress, Republicans who are currently there and hoping to stay are too afraid of Trump's base to put the ethics and national interest ahead of their own re-election.

Regarding this all being sour grapes; the Mueller investigation has already shown that the "best people" Trump surrounds himself with include criminals with shady international connections.  Mueller is running a tight ship, we won't know what he has on Trump until he's ready to release it, but people who happily deal with criminals are rarely clean themselves.  I have no doubt the investigation results will be very interesting.

• Like 2