NAB Traveller card vs NAB visa/debit card

Nasrullah

National Australia bank will give an exchange rate on a traveller card of 24.547b for 1AUD....So if i put $3850AUD into it i get 94,505 baht.

But if i keep my money in my visa/debit card i workout i will need 6   20,000B withdrawls..Does anyone know how much the overseas

ATM charge is on a single transaction?....I figure i lose 3,444 baht on the lousy traveller card exchange rate....So even if the charge

is $12 per transaction x6=$72.00 i'm still ahead .....I lose roughly 137.00 Dollars on the traveller card deal....

What are they paying on the ground at the moment for cash.....25.10/25.20? for aussie dollars

OP, 200-220 baht ($8-9) is the local atm charge, travel card or debit card. Debit card, you need to factor in NAB charge for overseas atm, I know Commbank charges $17, presume NAB is similar. 

One debit card withdrawal is around $25 all up , and during the withdrawal you can choose either the crappy ATM exchange rate or exchange rate back in OZ (same rate as putting Baht on travel card), I think the Oz rate is usually higher , but not great

Most ATMs do 30k baht nowadays.

Travel card is probably the best option as the same exchange rate but no (NAB) international ATM fee.

Nowadays you can use online banking to top-up your travel card on the fly, watch the rate, transfer onto travel card then go and withdraw it, 

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/WebServices/Rates/Pages/FX_Rates.aspx

Edited by Peterw42