Cellars ? Disposal of items ?

We have just rented an apartment in Na jomtien where we will soon move in and noted some differences to Swiss Condos which were surprizing:

1. Our Condo has no cellar - which nearly every apartment in Switzerland has - where do the Thai Condo owners, renters put their staff they do not need temporarily or that needs to be disposed of later ?

2. Is there something like a disposal service ? In Switzerland just a click on the net away.

And it seems that for Thai Condos an electric dish washer (standard in CH) is a rather exotic item. Is this correct ?

we tend to permit the staff to work in the office and don't dispose of them willy nilly. As regards Dishwashers.... yes, they are uncommon. However you have two hands and detergents are available from every 7-11. 

I see that you have put a lot of planning into your stay here.

Seven P's 

I guess that a "common area" basement or storage area is not usual in Thailand - maybe not economically viable.

Google shows a few places that rent out storage units, not far from Na Jomtien.

https://www.google.co.th/search?newwindow=1&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&q=storage+lockers+pattaya&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=12933604,100904521,4275&tbm=lcl&ved=0ahUKEwi7-OL6l_vYAhXBQI8KHZWpA5EQtgMISg&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2&rldoc=1#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:!1m3!1d38077.80154015676!2d100.89120639344765!3d12.920780850092731!3m2!1i946!2i470!4f13.1

For disposal services - ask at your condo office, they can probably arrange collection/disposal by the local government garbage trucks for a small fee. If you use these official trucks at least you can be fairly confident that your cast-outs will not be dumped at the side of a country lane somewhere.

Edited by chickenslegs

if renting I first ask items to be removed, if they take up unceccesary space I  move excess items somewhere like outside if requests to remove are not heeded.  hey you are renting.

If I am the owner, I always ask in the first instance if they require anything, I have added dishwashers etc.  If I ask first if things wanted or to take away, after that point any damage to items such as rain damage will be funded by the renter.

dishwashers are rare in cheaper thai condos---the expensive ones DO  have---

not needed in thailand, because people dont do much cooking at home.. its much cheaper and easier to eat "out"

there are storage units available for rent---anything you dont want -could be put on side of road for scavengers to salvage---there are many thai people who have very few possessions.

why bring excess belongings to thailand ????

Dishwashers are easy to buy and have installed in Thailand. I bought a Siemens Dishwasher in Buriram in 2007 and a Teka Dishwasher for a different house in Buriram in 2014.  The service from Teka in Buriram has been much quicker than warranty or after warranty service of Siemens in my personal experience.  The same stores that sell gas free standing ranges can sell and install dishwashers in Thailand. 

Buriram European Teka Gas Oven Kitchen Range.JPG

9 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Another difference with Switzerland is that Snow boarding is very disappointing here.

Lucky me then ! I dont snowboard - so no disappointment either ! I am not a minimalist - and my wife and me love to cook - we dont need nor want a cook or maid. Eating out is only cheaper in rare circumstances or if you are satisfied with a rather minimalisitic setting. Thailand has become expensive, the times of 12 THB (twelve) per night in a cottage on Chaweng on Samui are over. My Landlord asked me as well if I want something to be removed from what was inside already. My question was rather aiming at some time later. We bring as little as we can to Thailand and surely not to throw it away immediately.

But thanks for all helpful advice. I really appreciate if someone tries to understand and help. Thats why I am posting here in the first place.

15 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Lucky me then ! I dont snowboard - so no disappointment either ! I am not a minimalist - and my wife and me love to cook - we dont need nor want a cook or maid. Eating out is only cheaper in rare circumstances or if you are satisfied with a rather minimalisitic setting. Thailand has become expensive, the times of 12 THB (twelve) per night in a cottage on Chaweng on Samui are over. My Landlord asked me as well if I want something to be removed from what was inside already. My question was rather aiming at some time later. We bring as little as we can to Thailand and surely not to throw it away immediately.

But thanks for all helpful advice. I really appreciate if someone tries to understand and help. Thats why I am posting here in the first place.

I think someone coming over from Switzerland should be the last person in the world to complain about hotel and food prices in another Country! 

Well there is a point missing here, a dishwasher is next to useless in most appartments in Thailand. I had one in my apartment when I bought it but I took it out and put in a front loading washing machine. Wife is happy, I am happy because my clothes aren't that horrible grey and they actually smell ok. Three smells I dislike, drains, dodgy washing machine smell and moth balls, and there is plenty of all three in Thailand.

17 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

Dishwashers are easy to buy and have installed in Thailand. I bought a Siemens Dishwasher in Buriram in 2007 and a Teka Dishwasher for a different house in Buriram in 2014.  The service from Teka in Buriram has been much quicker than warranty or after warranty service of Siemens in my personal experience.  The same stores that sell gas free standing ranges can sell and install dishwashers in Thailand. 

Buriram European Teka Gas Oven Kitchen Range.JPG

flagging this for mods, this is a thai sales person.

every thai big homestore i visit for appliances they always try and push teka.  teka is naff, it falls apart.

I am in a shop pointing to the german technology i am after.

have to state to seller that if they try and push that teka excreta one more time I will go to another store, even into the waiting for visa card to go through the halfwits are still trying it

15 hours ago, dotpoom said:

"1. Our Condo has no cellar - which nearly every apartment in Switzerland has -"

That's some trick.....from the 1st. up....where exactly is the cellar......the condo underneath?

The clue is in the name "cellar" means underground. All Swiss condo building have at least 2 underground floors so that each condo has its own cellar. 

All condo buildings in Switzerland also have a nuclear shelter below ground. 

There really is no trick, just efficient Swissness, which is far better than German.

On 1/29/2018 at 10:50 PM, moogradod said:

Gonna have so much stuff you won't know what to do with it?

Oh dear, rich persons problems.

Heartbreaking.

Maybe you could rent another condo and keep it in there?

Edited by Enoon