Police arrest French man wanted for gruesome murder of Italian in Phichit

webfact

Police arrest French man wanted for gruesome murder of Italian in Phichit

dn.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A French man who is a prime suspect in the murder of an Italian man in Phichit province has been arrested.

Thairath reported that Frenchman Amuary Rigaud, 34, was arrested on Sunday after he was found in jungle on the Tak-Kamphaeng Phet border.

Rigaud was found with a tent, camping equipment and a Toyota Yaris, which police say had been recently resprayed black.

tr.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

His girlfriend, Rujira Iam-lamai, 38, who is the other suspect and the wife of the victim, Giuseppe De Stefani, 61, remains on the run.

The dismembered and burnt remains of De Stefani were found in Bueng Nang Rang district of Phichit province on 19 January.

CCTV footage released on Friday showed Rigaud and Iam-lamai at a mobile phone booth in Tak province.

Police said the pair had stayed in rented accommodation in the Tak-Kamphaeng Phet border area on 21 January and had used ATM cards belonging to the victim.

Last week villagers in Phitchit clubbed together a 30,000 baht  reward for information leading to the arrest of the couple.

Police said that although Iam-lamai remains on the run they expect her to be arrested soon.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-29

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, webfact said:

His girlfriend, Rujira Iam-lamai, 38,

I think that should read ex-girlfriend !

When caught, she will probably throw all the blame on him, in an attempt to avoid any punishment. But, if convicted, they should both be incarcerated for a very long time, preferably life.  

3 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

When caught, she will probably throw all the blame on him, in an attempt to avoid any punishment. But, if convicted, they should both be incarcerated for a very long time, preferably life.  

Incinerated would be more apt!

29 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

what makes people do such crazy things in life?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Police said the pair had stayed in rented accommodation in the Tak-Kamphaeng Phet border area on 21 January and had used ATM cards belonging to the victim.

We are not the sharpest tools in the box are we. Throw away the keys once they are found guilty.

36 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Good this guy has been aprehended and his face says it all. Between him and the Israeli guy who recently got done for murder. It's safe to assume they are stupid. Just plain stupid. 

Actually evil, just plain and pure psychotic evil!

If he did it, then he is the living proof of the risks inherent to having a population of younger inactive bums staying illegally in this country. I won't elaborate as I would have to go off topic i.e enforcement of visa restrictions.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Last week villagers in Phitchit clubbed together a 30,000 baht  reward for information leading to the arrest of the couple.

And some here would perpetuate the myth that Thai people lack empathy or just plain don't like us.

Archived