Info for gaming specs

Tabane

Morning strangers,

So am planning to buy a computer a fortune tower that I intend to either build it myself or ask the shop to do it. 
The computer would mainly be used for gaming purpose (These are the kind of games I'd like to play : Motogp17, Ride 2, League of legends, Rocket league, Fortenite, PUBG..). I intend to use it in average from 1 to 4 hours a day.

Since I have a lack of knowledge on techs I'd like to know if someone could recommend me some of these specs : 
- CPU 
- CPU FAN
- MB
- RAM
- SSD
- HDD
- VGA
- CASE
- POWER
- MONITOR

My budget would be between 25k to 35k THB. 

Regarding the monitor I ended up on Neolution last night and this LED GAMING MONITOR 32" 144HZ (9600 THB) seems to be interesting : https://www.neolutionesport.com/en/shop/monitor-led/neolution-esport-led-gaming-monitor-32/

Anyways, any help/recommendation would be appreciated. 
Thanks a lot ! 

Assembling a computer is simply following the instructions for each component. The most important and time-consuming part is choosing each component and their compatibility. I built a system about 6 years ago and spent several weeks researching components and checking prices. My budget was to buy everything at the lowest price. I used 4 different suppliers with Newegg supplying most of the components except the processor, motherboard, DVD and Blue Ray drives. You may be able to stay within your budget but there a few other things you also need. Most cases only come with 1 fan, if any. Heat is the worst enemy for a desktop tower especially one used for gaming. My build has 1 intake fan on the front, 2 side fans blowing air directly onto the MB, 2 mounted in the case top, extracting hot air and the PSU fan. You'll also need a gaming keyboard, gaming mouse, a DVD drive and don't forget Window's OS.  

As far as recommendations: I prefer AMD processors, more bang for the buck than Intel. The FX 8300+ series multi-cores are beasts, the new Ryzen series are better but cost more. Some come with coolers. If I ever build another it will have a water coolant system.  MB's, (I like AS Rock) the most important thing is the chipset, how much memory they support, the number of card slots and SATA connections, etc. All major brands of memory have about the same specs, but MB manufacturers usually recommend compatible brands. I have used both Corsair and Kingston. An SSD is a personal choice and the money could be spent elsewhere. A hybrid disc drive could be used instead or a drive with a higher rpm. By VGA, I assume you are referring to a Graphics Card. All manufacturers offer cards with similar specs with a wide range of prices. The more performance you want the more it costs and your system may not be able to use it. As for cases. The form factor (size) of your MB determines the case size you need. It should have enough bays and slots for future expansion, top or front USB ports, headset and microphone jacks. And as I mentioned before, make sure it has lots of fan mounting locations and use them. The power required could vary somewhat, but a PSU rated 600+ watts should be sufficient. As far as a monitor, bigger is better but costs more. I have mine connected by HDMI to my 42" Samsung TV.  

Another thing I wanted to mention is components parts in Thailand are higher than in the US. But Lazada has everything needed on their website and they also have a large selection of gaming computers. There is one brand "Tsunami" built with an AMD Ryzen 5 1400 processor, 8 GB ram, 1 TB HD, GTX 1050 graphics card, DVD drive, a 650 watt PSU and free gaming keyboard and mouse. It even has a 3-year guarantee. The price is 23,900 baht. Check them out.    https://www.lazada.co.th

The Core i5-8400 is considered the best 'budget' option right now.  If you go with this you are limited to Z370 chipset boards.  The ASUS TUF Z370-Pro Gaming is the motherboard I am currently looking at to pair with this CPU.  I am upgrading so I am only looking at CPU/Motherboard/RAM and so I'm not sure once you get the rest this would come within your budget but maybe a place to start looking.

Just go 2 JIB in any tuckcom once you have worked out what you want or maybe they can help you with that. Then buy all the bits from them which is probably the best price in Thailand anyway and then they sick it all together for free. You will probably have to put all the software including windows on it yourself. But by the way I read the other day that all GPUs have gone up in price because everyone buying them to mine bitcoins.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Assembling a computer is simply following the instructions for each component. The most important and time-consuming part is choosing each component and their compatibility. I built a system about 6 years ago and spent several weeks researching components and checking prices. My budget was to buy everything at the lowest price. I used 4 different suppliers with Newegg supplying most of the components except the processor, motherboard, DVD and Blue Ray drives. You may be able to stay within your budget but there a few other things you also need. Most cases only come with 1 fan, if any. Heat is the worst enemy for a desktop tower especially one used for gaming. My build has 1 intake fan on the front, 2 side fans blowing air directly onto the MB, 2 mounted in the case top, extracting hot air and the PSU fan. You'll also need a gaming keyboard, gaming mouse, a DVD drive and don't forget Window's OS.  

As far as recommendations: I prefer AMD processors, more bang for the buck than Intel. The FX 8300+ series multi-cores are beasts, the new Ryzen series are better but cost more. Some come with coolers. If I ever build another it will have a water coolant system.  MB's, (I like AS Rock) the most important thing is the chipset, how much memory they support, the number of card slots and SATA connections, etc. All major brands of memory have about the same specs, but MB manufacturers usually recommend compatible brands. I have used both Corsair and Kingston. An SSD is a personal choice and the money could be spent elsewhere. A hybrid disc drive could be used instead or a drive with a higher rpm. By VGA, I assume you are referring to a Graphics Card. All manufacturers offer cards with similar specs with a wide range of prices. The more performance you want the more it costs and your system may not be able to use it. As for cases. The form factor (size) of your MB determines the case size you need. It should have enough bays and slots for future expansion, top or front USB ports, headset and microphone jacks. And as I mentioned before, make sure it has lots of fan mounting locations and use them. The power required could vary somewhat, but a PSU rated 600+ watts should be sufficient. As far as a monitor, bigger is better but costs more. I have mine connected by HDMI to my 42" Samsung TV.  

You definitely know more then me but on the OPs budget it don't sound like he will be able to build a high end PC especially including a monitor. But it's sounds like all the games he wants to play are not that advanced in the graphics so maybe he won't need a high end and PC and I would say he don't need a extra fan or cooling system. I don't have one in mine and I manage to play most games somewhere near the medium to high settings at around 40-50 Fps at 1080p. I have a GTX 960 and 8gb of ram with a intell core i3.

I just read a Gamespot article that may be the one you are referring too.: A Beginners Guide to PC Components. In this article, it does mention that "you could spend as little as $400 on your PC".  I saw no reference to being more powerful than a PS4.  Nowhere in the article does it tell you how or provide a detailed price list or where to buy every part needed to build a $400 PC. The article then goes on to explain 9 different components in a gaming system, their function and importance in a gaming system. If you built a gaming system using a combination of the brand name components they recommend the cost would probably be at a minimum $1000 and more likely $2000. 

I just read a Gamespot article that may be the one you are referring too.: A Beginners Guide to PC Components. In this article, it does mention that "you could spend as little as $400 on your PC".  I saw no reference to being more powerful than a PS4.  Nowhere in the article does it tell you how or provide a detailed price list or where to buy every part needed to build a $400 PC. The article then goes on to explain 9 different components in a gaming system, their function and importance in a gaming system. If you built a gaming system using a combination of the brand name components they recommend the cost would probably be at a minimum $1000 and more likely $2000. 

I might be getting 2 articles mixed up then but. I think I checked all the comments on jib or there equivalents and it came to the same sort of price.

8 hours ago, juice777 said:

You definitely know more then me but on the OPs budget it don't sound like he will be able to build a high end PC especially including a monitor. But it's sounds like all the games he wants to play are not that advanced in the graphics so maybe he won't need a high end and PC and I would say he don't need a extra fan or cooling system. I don't have one in mine and I manage to play most games somewhere near the medium to high settings at around 40-50 Fps at 1080p. I have a GTX 960 and 8gb of ram with a intell core i3.

The OP made no reference that he wanted to build a high-end PC and wanted recommendations. He has a budget that is not unrealistic with careful planning. One thing he needs to consider is that the monitor he likes is almost 25% of his budget. This is why in my second post I recommended the "Lazada" website and the Tsunami gaming system that will allow him to stay under budget. 

24 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I might be getting 2 articles mixed up then but. I think I checked all the comments on jib or there equivalents and it came to the same sort of price.

I would like to see that list detailing every single item needed to totally build a $400 gaming system, not a computer.

I would like to see that list detailing every single item needed to totally build a $400 gaming system, not a computer.

Yeah looks like I might have been mixed up the article says updated aug, And on that one it says 650.And there's another one for 550 and a VR one which might have been the one I checked the prices on because I was thinking about getting VR unti I realised that none of the games look all that good. And theres also a build a ps4 pro one. 

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/best-cheap-gaming-pc-build-with-a-550-budget/2300-6440788/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/best-cheap-gaming-pc-build/1100-6446395/

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/build-a-cheap-700-vr-pc-video/2300-6434357/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/we-built-a-pc-using-ps4-pro-specs-how-does-it-perf/1100-6443491/

These might be some help to the op anyway.

18 hours ago, juice777 said:

Yeah looks like I might have been mixed up the article says updated aug, And on that one it says 650.And there's another one for 550 and a VR one which might have been the one I checked the prices on because I was thinking about getting VR unti I realised that none of the games look all that good. And theres also a build a ps4 pro one. 

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/best-cheap-gaming-pc-build-with-a-550-budget/2300-6440788/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/best-cheap-gaming-pc-build/1100-6446395/

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/build-a-cheap-700-vr-pc-video/2300-6434357/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/we-built-a-pc-using-ps4-pro-specs-how-does-it-perf/1100-6443491/

These might be some help to the op anyway.

Thank you for supplying links to the Gamespot videos. I viewed each of them. Only one build included the price of an OS. I did research current prices on the components used in the second video.  Using Newegg as a source, I compared what it would cost to build today. Newegg had 7 of the 8 items listed.  The cost for those 7 items was $609.86. They did not have the video card and neither did several other US sites I checked.  JIB lists the card for 8590 baht about $265 which makes the $714.91 articles build, now cost over $870 plus an OS.  In regards to the last video link, it does not show you how to build a PS4 Pro. It is actually about how to build a PC to comparable PS4 Pro specs. Big difference. You can build a gaming system to specs comparable to a PlayStation, but not having access to a PS operating system and the ability to set up an account will not allow you access to the PS network or play games designed for PS.

• 1 month later...

Graphics cards are on a all time high now, almost a 35% price hike so with that kind of budget and the kind of games that you are playing, you should get a gtx1060 3gb if budget allows so or stick with a gtx1050 first and upgrade later on. 

A basic mobo will do, for 25k-35k budget you can consider

i5-8400

Gigate byte Z370 HD3 or similar  (Most basic motherboard because you arent going to do SLI or anything) 

GTX 1050 or GTX1060 if you think you can afford it
SSD or HDD whichever you deem fit (120GB SSD for boot and maybe 1TB HDD for your games) 
Cheap affordable PSU 400-500W 

Dont get cheated by buying a "Original OS"
Just buy a key online for like 300 baht its original too but for 1 time usage 

Most to most comes up to around 20k-30k 

Edited by justapasserby