Planning to visit Pattaya in a few days - what to see?

laislica

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, keithpa said:

OP left weeks ago.

I think most posters realise this, the issues raised by the OP, IMO merit continued discussion. these threads aren't private......Many people do searches of web sites like this before visiting Thailand/Pattaya and any further information or discussion may prove useful to them

Thanks all for the great tips, many of which I found helpful.

However, this thread now seems to have been hijacked (in post 19 I stated my wish not to support animal shows in Thailand).

The thread has drifted way off topic and I think it's time to close it.

Then the good tips can be used by anyone who needs a few tips.

Cheers

3 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

The very concept of keeping tigers as tourist entertainment should be an anathema for anyone who has evena the slightest consideration for animal welfare, wildlife or conservation.

Virtually every tourist animal attraction in Thailand falls short of the most basic animal welfare codes and practices. I fail to see the good in supporting these pitiful establishments or the wisdom in recommending them.

Not everybody suffers from colonial imperialism want to force their left wing liberal western values on their host countries.  It's starts with banning circuses, animals used for medical experiments  and now the ludicrous assertion that has led to some shops banning honey because it exploits worker bees! It's pathetic. 

25 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

I think most posters realise this, the issues raised by the OP, IMO merit continued discussion. these threads aren't private......Many people do searches of web sites like this before visiting Thailand/Pattaya and any further information or discussion may prove useful to them

I make a point of going to watch bullfighting in Spain and Portugal.  Culturally rich traditions that include fox hunting, snake charming, cock fighting and riding elephants. All great stuff.

Archived