British national Danny Glass handed down suspended sentence, B15,000 fine

webfact

7 hours ago, patrick kennedy said:

So easy to comment,but it happens so quickly,my opinion only the car was parked in his lane and the truck driver as per usual was far too close to the bike lane and too close to the bike,the rider was faced with an instant decision and unfortunately it came unstuck.The parked car instigated the bikers decision and the truck driver did not react the way a european or american driver would react.Usual story the government do not have a training facility for these morons who call themselves HGV drivers.The poor man has lost his wife and baby I think the man has had enough,as we all know in other countries this truck driver would be doing a miniumof 5 years jail and perhaps a 10 year ban,and the parked car owner would have to face justice also.RIP the woman and baby.

Indeed your post is rather glib.

But let me re-state it. There was no parked car.

Traffic slowed down and he didn't notice until too late. Either going too fast or too close to the car in front.

There was absolutely no parked car in his path.

There was no bike lane but two lanes of traffic. 

Danny was in one, the truck the other.

Traffic in his lane slowed down and he didn't notice and react in time. So he spilled the bike and it's contents into the road.

The truck was already alongside, so no possibility to react.

It is Danny's fault and no other.

Driving without due care and attention.

Once again, no parked car in his path.

Other motorbikes noticed the slowdown and were able to move to the left and carry on. No parked car blocking their path.

But he couldn't react in time to the slowdown in his lane.

Truck driver's lane traffic was still flowing. 

Edited by KneeDeep

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/31/2018 at 8:21 AM, Marley01 said:

in Australia, police no longer call them accidents, they call them crashes as, barring mechanical problems or “acts of God” there is always someone to blame and are not deemed to be accidental.

But not everyone goes to jail even when they kill someone in a motor vehicle accident in Australia

Many years ago a good friend of mine was killed going home from work on his motorcycle the woman driver responsible was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol or speeding.

While she was the cause she didn’t go to jail as the courts found it was not warranted, his family thought otherwise.

21 hours ago, Goldieinkathu said:

Why would he indicate? He had nowhere to go, that was the problem, that's why he had to stop quickly causing his girlfriend to fall off. Had he been driving slowly he would have had time to stop safely, hence driving recklessly 

And there's no need to shout .

He should indicate as their is a very big lorry behind him obviously he does not look in the mirror thats reckless driving ! a lorry cannot do anything if a bike suddenly swerves into his path by a reckless driver

21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Do you know of any countries in which the fine for this type of offence represents the "value of a life"?  Fines are not intended to be compensation.

dont know how he will pay the fine anyway he looks like a cheapscate should of given him 10 years hard labour to pay for the fine 

1 hour ago, hottrader77 said:

He should indicate as their is a very big lorry behind him obviously he does not look in the mirror thats reckless driving ! a lorry cannot do anything if a bike suddenly swerves into his path by a reckless driver

It was an emergency swerve, so he could not indicate nor look in the mirrors.

Now he should of course know what was behind him, he should have been driving more slowly/kept more distance, etc.

But your tirade against the guy on the accident is way, way over the top. He may not be a nice guy, but your assessment if the accident seems for a big part based on his personality, and that is not correct.

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

It was an emergency swerve, so he could not indicate nor look in the mirrors.

Now he should of course know what was behind him, he should have been driving more slowly/kept more distance, etc.

But your tirade against the guy on the accident is way, way over the top. He may not be a nice guy, but your assessment if the accident seems for a big part based on his personality, and that is not correct.

you seem to know his personality ??? do you know him ?? or are you him ?? he has got eyes to see what is coming up in front of him also its his fault for driving too close and not indicating thats why he IS a reckless driver and the accident is his fault , and to do a video after the accident and not even acknowledge that it was his fault THAT SHOWS HIS PERSONALITY !

On 1/31/2018 at 2:25 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

So meny opinion but for sure this man is a selfish scumbag and I am sure we going to hear more about him in future 

PS my opinion attempt murder because he wanted her to die but it's just my opinion 

"because he wanted her to die"?

So this was all a well executed plot to get rid if her? Talk sense man!

8 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

Indicate to tell the lorry he was going where? Did you see the video or not?

:blink:

And he didn't swerve into the lorry's path, what are you talking about?

8 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

dont know how he will pay the fine anyway he looks like a cheapscate should of given him 10 years hard labour to pay for the fine 

He's raised more than enough money, I wonder if he'll give some of it back as the money will probably easily cover his lawyer and fine.

Or donate it to the other child left without a mother.

On 2/2/2018 at 7:10 PM, Goldieinkathu said:

Indicate to tell the lorry he was going where? Did you see the video or not?

:blink:

And he didn't swerve into the lorry's path, what are you talking about?

he did its you who dont know what your talking about there was a parked car in his lane so he had to change lane the police will tell you that read things before writing !!!

On 2/2/2018 at 7:14 PM, Goldieinkathu said:

He's raised more than enough money, I wonder if he'll give some of it back as the money will probably easily cover his lawyer and fine.

Or donate it to the other child left without a mother.

going by his personality and not admitting it was his fault also by the police charging him with reckless driving so this verifies it was his fault , and then doing a video after the accident before the police charge and saying he was not responsible for it ( this shows his personality) i would think he will keep the money and waste it on beer or drugs or loose women .

Edited by hottrader77
missed word

11 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

he did its you who dont know what your talking about there was a parked car in his lane so he had to change lane the police will tell you that read things before writing !!!

Are you a troll?

You need to look at this video before writing and get your facts right.

https://www.farang-deaths.com/case/sophie-emma-rose-anderson/

12 hours ago, Goldieinkathu said:

Are you a troll?

You need to look at this video before writing and get your facts right.

https://www.farang-deaths.com/case/sophie-emma-rose-anderson/

Thats his story you will learn when something like this happens there is 2 stories and the driver of the truck has a different story such as thinking that the bike ( when weaving ) went into his lane without INDICATING as i said and he could not avoid a dangerous reckless driver who before his bike was weaving drove too close to the car that braked in front of him this is reckless driving if he had been a safe distance from the car in front and it braked suddenly he would have had time to brake slowly and not cause the bike to weave UNDERSTAND !! go away and learn the highway code as you clearly dont , where it states keep your distance from the car in front and even gives you safe braking distances at whatever speed your going at , WHICH he ignored thus its HIS fault the accident , try thinking before writing !!!

20 hours ago, stevenl said:

No. I just know I, and I presume some others as well, are tired of pointing you to the correct information, links and videos. But you keep on repeating over and over again incorrect information. Somebody who does that is called a troll.

its not incorrect information as the police agree with me he is a reckless driver as that is what he was convicted of fact not fiction !! and an extremly ignorant one not to admit it especially with his girlfriend /wife whatever and child to be born now dead due to his reckless actions !!  you know im right !!