GRAB and UBER in Isaan - alive and kicking?

siam2007

According to their websites, Grab and Uber are operating in Isaan (Uber only in KK, but Grab as well in Udon and Korat plus KK).

Are there any TV members who have recent experience using them? I just read a topic about Udon Airport where you can bypass the transport Mafia, but what about downtown areas and the other two cities? How many cars usually pop up once u open the app? Is it easy to get a ride confirmed? Are cars available during evening hours too? What are the average fares? Planning an Isaan trip to exactly these three cities and curious to know if I can bypass the rip-off-Mafia nowdays

On 1/31/2018 at 3:54 PM, JoePai said:

Use Grab many times in Udon - very good and cheap service  :thumbsup:

Thanks, good to know. I am surprised that no one else did comment, but probably almost all Isaan Farang - unlike those staying at BKK - have their own wheels

2 hours ago, siam2007 said:

Thanks, good to know. I am surprised that no one else did comment, but probably almost all Isaan Farang - unlike those staying at BKK - have their own wheels

Cant answer your question because I have never used these apps anywhere but just wanted to comment on your comment.....lol

Yes, probably most ex-pats do have their own wheels, but most of them would only use a taxi or tuktuk when going out for an evening. I dont know about other cities but Korat has police road blocks everywhere, with breathalisers, so only a fool will drink and drive here......

HL

I used Grab in Udon last weekend. During the day there were cars (albeit only a few, and I used it 3 times on a Sunday between 2-5pm and 2 of the times it was the same girl who picked me up) but after a night out after midnight on Saturday and Friday could not find any. The price is cheap! Uber not operating in Udon as of yet.

Archived