Dutch tourist, 78, found dead in Phuket hotel

webfact

Dutch tourist, 78, found dead in Phuket hotel

By The Nation

A 78-year-old Dutch tourist was found dead on Thursday in a Puket hotel room where he was staying alone, police said.

The body of Karl Heinz Prinz Zu Hohenlohe-Oehringen Geb Sassen was discovered in the toilet room of his hotel room on Ratuthit 200 Years road in Tambon Patong of Krathu district.

He was believed to have been dead at least six hours. An empty beer can was found in the toilet room along with several kinds of medicine, police said.

His body was sent for an autopsy at the Patong Hospital.

The tourist checked into the hotel on January 23.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30337764

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-02

German man of noble name found dead in Phuket hotel

Eakkapop Thongtub

1517545705_1-org.jpg

A variety of prescription blood-pressure medication was found in the room. Photo: Kusoldharm Foundation

PHUKET: A 77-year-old German man was found dead in a bathroom of a hotel in Patong yesterday morning (Feb 1).

Although a variety of prescription blood-pressure medication was found in the room, police say they are still investigating the man’s death.

Lt Thanakarn Utchanaratsamee of the Patong Police was notified of the death by staff at a hotel on Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Rd at 10:30am.

Full story:  https://www.thephuketnews.com/german-man-of-noble-name-found-dead-in-phuket-hotel-65816.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-02-02

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Sad to die alone in a strange country.

Hope his life was as magnificent as his name.

Wonder who gets the recycling business (Bopfingen) and the Tesla sports car?

Edited by Enoon

55 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Sad to die alone. R.I.P. If i knew i was sick and not long to go i would of got a young lady to let me die with a smile on my face . Lets just say i would of tried to leave this world with a bang 

Agree. Can't think of a better way to check out.

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

Sad to die alone. R.I.P. If i knew i was sick and not long to go i would of got a young lady to let me die with a smile on my face . Lets just say i would of tried to leave this world with a bang 

Please pay in advance with a good tip.

7 hours ago, natway09 said:

Enjoy your long sleep Dear Sir. Sad to go out alone though

That is very true, no one wants to die alone, I can only hope I go out as a functioning person with a massive heart attack, not a disabled bag of bones that burdened my family members for years & years.

RIP to the man, there is no suggestion but with all these blood pressure medicines, it would be easy to lower your BP so low that you just go to sleep and die.  Nothing wrong with going out on your own terms.