New crackdown sees darts BANNED in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Lingba said:

Dart board license!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????.....oh this has gone to far...what a bunch of thieves

i like the way they said where can we apply for this darts licnece and the reply was there is not one . the whole place is made up of twisting words to fxxx you. pathetic 

15 hours ago, Darcula said:

What's next? Ping Pong balls?

What's next?   Arresting pensioners for playing Bridge of course.   You don't expect logic, do you?

I can think of a few other "illegal" entertainment activities in that area, and it's not darts.

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Will someone in authority here, please grow a bloody brain?

Cannot! Government agencies already ran out of non existing never the less mandatory licences for brain growing a long time ago. But license-lovers can buy a temporary one month license (renewable) for driving without a driver license, to run unlicensed hotels, bars, massage parlors, tour operators and speed boat operation at a police station near you.

16 hours ago, petermik said:

Unbloodybelieveable......whatever next....lunatics are now running the asylum here......:whistling:

How're the fanboys going to explain this one? No doubt they'll think of something to justify the action of their idols. Don't blame the coppers either, the buck stops with the junta.

15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

First the bridge players, then the darts players...

Pool players! You are on notice!!

A comment about pool I guess you made in jest, however I was told by a bar owner on Sunday that a darts AND pool license will be required shortly, He took his dartboard down already and will remove his pool table as soon as he hears about enforcement and yes although enforced he is unable to buy such a licence. He was told by police darts and pool are both providing forms of entertainment for customers and for providing entertainment you need a license.

I guess snooker will also be on the agenda soon as well. That will of course effect a lot of local clubs as snooker is very popular with Thai people.

Its utterly ridiculous and very obviously just another way of fleecing money out of people. 

The fact that they claimed they needed a license,, and ALSO told them that such a license doesn't even exist,, speaks VOLUMES about them simply making things up as they go along, and basically saying,, "You will do as we say, and pay".... just nuts,,, 

16 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

C'mon, be reasonable!

Darts are clearly weapons of war that could be used to overthrow the government.

Of course they are banned...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Using your logic, they have unsurprisingly missed their intended target then. In fact by removing the dartboards (the primary intended target of a dart as the name strongly suggests) they have unwittingly (incredibly common occurrence) left the darts free to find other targets. I am pretty sure the owners would be most happy to line the streets in the next government parade and vent their frustration by giving them what they forgot to take with the boards...ONEHUNDREDANDEIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTY!!!!

Keep going thailand and you will have no expats and tourists spending ??? You are supposed to be attracting people to los, strange way of showing this. What next licence to play pool? Bars will end up with a wall filled with licences.absolute joke.obviously aimed at deep pockets. Why not enforce all thais have a vehicle or bike licence. Has first of April arrived early?

16 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I'm not a player but I know a few who love this pastime and it has a very active tournament circuit. But a dartboard licence?!?!?! A ban? OMG, what next? A ban on any vessel made of glass designed to hold alcohol? Removal of knives from the kitchen? 

TV Editors, keep "Thailand a laughing stock" headline ready.

Just been announced: Chopsticks banned in all restaurants as too many falung spilling noodles on tables and floor.

I learned this a few years ago when a friend had a snooker place I was drinking outside.

A vehicle pull up in front, but no one got out it just sat there a minute later the owner lady came out walked to the vehicle and the window roll down after a minute the window roll back up. I was told the guy was making his round for his tea money.

This was the reason why my magnet dart board give weren't put up for the kids to play.  Reasoning the more popular the place gets the more money it makes therefore translate to more Tea money being asked.  It was basically keep it low profile?

No license just want more money!

Two years ago we had pensioners being arrested for playing bridge now we have the latest crazy bit of news for a moment I thought April Fools day was here ! So now the dartboards are under arrest , no smoking on the beaches , electric vapours being banned ,pensioners unable to play bridge nect it will be the pool tables being confiscated no wonder the country is better known as “ Amazing Thailand “ the police should be spending there time in cleaning up the brothels and the illegal betting syndicates that the Thais spend all there money on. 

Archived