THAI & DRY Will Thailand be the next country to tire of boozy Brits? Locals overrun by drunk tourists behaving badly in country’s top holiday spots

snoop1130

2 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

At least half a dozen factual mistakes in the article but hey its the Sun so thats to be expected. Most expats think Hua Hin is a place to go to die yet we are told that its party central !

Its a garbage article feigning moral outrage from a comic masquerading as a news source , only those seeking bias confirmation would take it seriously.

Young people get drunk and behave stupidly , always did and always will , what seemed fun @ 20 looks ridiculous when you reach 60.

Im too old for full moon parties so I avoid them , I avoid bar stool philosophers who rant about the world also .

Thailand has far bigger problems than a few foreign kids making <deleted> of themselves.

Like it twice!

1 minute ago, nemrut said:

Brits have a collective drinking problem often resulting in loutish and violent behavior.  This combined with their colonial mindset toward less affluent, non-white countries adds to their poor reputation and penchant for creating headlines.

Like you are trying to say they still think  they have an empire lol

5 minutes ago, sambum said:

One or two valid points there, but on the one hand you specify Brits :-

"The only story here is why do Brits party so hard ?"

And on the other hand:-

"I took the back pack route a few years ago which was full of young Europeans, they were polite kids experiencing life, enjoying the 'smaller' world and having a good time."

Not nit picking, but (at the moment!) Britain is still part of Europe, and you are implying, as does the post, that Brits are the only ones to "party hard" but the other Europeans are just "having a good time"

nope, not implying anything really, other than the backpacking route was full of many nations, including Brits so I didn't just meet Brits although I did also meet Brits who were exactly the same as their European counterparts. There is however a large social question over why we (Brits) work our youngsters (and oldsters) so hard, subject them to basically to slave labour (the new apprentice schemes, which a lot of companies treat as a way to employ cheap labour, with no actual chance of progression to a job) and then stand back and criticise if they release the pent up pressure whilst letting their hair down once a year...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nemrut said:

Brits have a collective drinking problem often resulting in loutish and violent behavior.  This combined with their colonial mindset toward less affluent, non-white countries adds to their poor reputation and penchant for creating headlines.

Yeah, that is the reason they have to leave EU.......!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Yeah, that is the reason they have to leave EU.......!

It would be better to check your facts before making such blatantly anti Brit posts.

But just to enlighten you, and to save you having to use your brain to find out for yourself - WE CHOSE TO LEAVE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Come on you Brits,

By acting hooliganish and drunk like this, you are giving all of us foreigners a very bad name ! Please some decency !

Relax. I am kidding :)

It is difficult to measure the 'bad behavior' of nationalities, isn't it ? :)

But, seriously, people (probably deservedly) coming to the defense of British tourists in general.....are you also coming to the defense of African tourists in general, I wonder;  because, sadly, whenever there is a thread about drugs and Africans, there are often many nasty, racist comments.

Edited by JemJem

32 minutes ago, JemJem said:

Come on you Brits,

By acting hooliganish and drunk like this, you are giving all of us foreigners a very bad name ! Please some decency !

Relax. I am kidding :)

But, seriously, people (probably deservedly) coming to the defense of British tourists in general.....are you also coming to the defense of African tourists in general, I wonder;  because, sadly, whenever there is a thread about drugs and Africans, there are often many nasty, racist comments.

Possibly not coming to the defence of African tourists in general because this is an English Forum, and most African tourists probably don't read ThaiVisa?

Edited by sambum

The guy in the yellow shirt has long sideburns. The person in the black shirt certainly looks like a guy with hairy legs. They are not on the floor, they are seated. Look more closely at the picture without the headline. Could the headline possibly be a lie?

Edited by Timebandit
added more observations.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Agreed! And the last time I read the Sun (a few years ago now!) there was an article about a woman with breast implants who had been told it would be dangerous for her to fly from the USA to the UK because they might explode!!!

Don't let the terrorists know that!

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"British tabloid paper" Bit of an exaggeration there!

You will notice I deliberately didn't write "newspaper".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

you think he booked a first class ticket and residing in a 5 star hotel.??? (flight 500 Pounds for 3 months, home stay 120 baht/night.....that's reality), in the meantime you'll rent out your accommodation in UK and take the money from T.May. It's easy as that.

So the man on the dole who cannot afford to go out boozing owns his own property?  Wow that is impressive. Back to the drawing board for you pal.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Don't let the terrorists know that!

You will notice I deliberately didn't write "newspaper".

But you didn't spell "tabloid paper" correctly - it should be "t****t paper", as we used to have in the little room at the bottom of our garden, cut into little squares and threaded on to a piece of string!!!

8 minutes ago, sambum said:

But you didn't spell "tabloid paper" correctly - it should be "t****t paper", as we used to have in the little room at the bottom of our garden, cut into little squares and threaded on to a piece of string!!!

Giving your age away now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

So the man on the dole who cannot afford to go out boozing owns his own property?  Wow that is impressive. Back to the drawing board for you pal.

who said he OWNS a property? You need some glasses? Maybe even some glasses of beer?

I earlier replied to a post but must have got lost in cyber space somewhere.Anyway,the gist of it was  the Brits(mostly it's youth)have earned this reputation of drunken roudiness from their own doing.It's this that when I go out in Bangkok or Pattaya,i'll stick to go-go bars(not beer bars) since the Thai bouncers in them wouldn't put up with any obnoxious drunken behaviour be it Brit or anybody.I try to avoid the riff raff which makes for more enjoyable night outs. 

2 hours ago, Timebandit said:

The guy in the yellow shirt has long sideburns. The person in the black shirt certainly looks like a guy with hairy legs. They are not on the floor, they are seated. Look more closely at the picture without the headline. Could the headline possibly be a lie?

finally after 7 pages someone noticed

4 hours ago, JemJem said:

But it's not difficult to measure the size and shape of them boobies :post-4641-1156694572:

Brits have huge ones, model sandbag....they are not round but always big and hanging...

German girls also have big ones but they don't hang so much...:post-4641-1156694083:

I bought the sun ...i use this term lightly...newspaper recently. In fact I bought 6 copies on the same day. You are thinking now that they had an enlightened well written story that included me in it, or that I am a Martian who has landed in some old ladies garden and stolen her garden gnomes. Nothing so exciting I am afraid. I had to varnish all my doors.The Sun newspaper, covers all good shag piles. ?

On 2/6/2018 at 9:23 AM, Baerboxer said:

It's The Sun. Not renowned for its professional journalism mate. And totally inward looking.

its a fluff piece for sure but that does not make it any more less true,

LOOK at the photos. 

can any one here say it does not happen?

Same sh*t USED to go on in Vang Vieng, full of gap year brits drunk and stoned.They were smart enough to shut it all down> 
thailand is more concerned with the $$$ it generates>>

Edited by phuketrichard