Asserting 'Thailand First,' Prayuth Says US Unconcerned With Elections

webfact

Maybe the US is starting to learn to stay out of other countries politics? I doubt anyone is gullible enough to believe elections are coming anytime soon but also realize that the only way elections will take place is is the Thai people insist on the end of the illegitimate government. Or, maybe the PM will say whatever he wants to the Thai people and expect them to continue to follow blindly along?

• Like 1

'Junta leader Prayuth Chan-ocha said Thursday that he’s been inspired by the doctrine of US President Donald Trump to put “Thailand First” when it comes to deciding when elections will take place.'

Interesting. Last time I checked, the U.S. had a timeline for its elections, to which it tends to adhere. 

'... Gen. Prayuth said a ranking American military official did not raise the question of elections in a meeting yesterday because the United States is “not worried” about whether Thailand holds them or not.'

The military officer was that certain, and that communicative, about the U.S.'s views? I doubt that very much. Prayuth putting his own spin on communications, again, verbal and otherwise.

• Like 1